test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lunge

cdrgadleycdrgadley Member Posts: 145 Arc User
Any chance that we can get a new animation for this power?

It's a great power...but the dropkick animation leaves something to be desired. (for me at least)

A lunging punch would be great.

Comments

• weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Nooo! You can't change it - it's a classic :D

(although I'll admit it does look pretty comical)

And this rules :D
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • cdrgadleycdrgadley Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Nooo! You can't change it - it's a classic :D

(although I'll admit it does look pretty comical)

Hahaha...it looks like they took the animation from that exact clip.
    You cant change the lunge! Its Kirk-tastic!
    We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes. - Gene Roddenberry
  • mailman650mailman650 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    That animation is farely new. After launch and up till S2 or 3, the animation was another, but I forgot what it was already.
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited January 2013
  • latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The old lunge was just a straight run up and single punch. The drop-kick is way better. Although, I do miss the disintegration animation when lunging an exposed target.
    edited January 2013
    latinumbar wrote: »
    The old lunge was just a straight run up and single punch. The drop-kick is way better. Although, I do miss the disintegration animation when lunging an exposed target.
    Yeah, when they update things that have no *mechanical* effects, they should make it an option instead, and make the default whatever they're were going to perma change it too.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    cdrgadley wrote: »
    Any chance that we can get a new animation for this power?

It's a great power...but the dropkick animation leaves something to be desired. (for me at least)

A lunging punch would be great.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo! Thou shall not nerf the Kirk Kick!
  • olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    There is nothing more satisfying than ordering my Klingon BOFF to lunge kick an enemy! He is a ninja in those few seconds!
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yeah, when they update things that have no *mechanical* effects, they should make it an option instead, and make the default whatever they're were going to perma change it too.

Power customization would be cool. I wonder if they can do it, though? I know CO has color customizations, but what about animations? And would it be worth the few powers that would get it?

God, that was weird. "My puches are so powerful, I vaporized you!"
  • cdrgadleycdrgadley Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Man...a punch animation is exactly what I want...can't believe they would change that.

...and how is a dropkick in the middle of combat while being shot at...better than a punch?

To each their own I guess...but a punch is far more practical than a dropkick that would actually leave you open for gunfire while you're laying on the ground afterward.

Anyways...the option to choose between the two would be great.
    cdrgadley wrote: »
    Man...a punch animation is exactly what I want...can't believe they would change that.

...and how is a dropkick in the middle of combat while being shot at...better than a punch?

To each their own I guess...but a punch is far more practical than a dropkick that would actually leave you open for gunfire while you're laying on the ground afterward.

Anyways...the option to choose between the two would be great.

If you want to punch so baddly, then why don't you just remove one of the guns you have equipped? :rolleyes:
  • radkipradkip Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I dunno about you, but I find something hilarious about being oneshot by a Gorn Tactical officer who superbuffed his lunge in PvP. I love the animation.

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
    kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403