test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reputation Plasma Torps

ericphailericphail Member Posts: 87 Arc User
Several Questions:

If you had both torps would you mount 1 fore/1 aft or both fore and if 1/1 which gets the forward slot?

Is it worth having both anyway?

If only 1 is the best choice for my chel'grett (Sci Captain) who has assimalted console, kinetic beam, and the ZPE conduit which should I choose and why?

Thanks in advance
Post edited by ericphail on

Comments

• seekerkorhilseekerkorhil Member Posts: 472
    edited January 2013
    The Romulan Plasma torpedo is cool. Use that up front.

Don't use the Omega Torpedo. It's damage is terrible.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The rapid-fire ability plus 'ammo magazine' of the Omega torpedo is useful for spike damage when shield facings are down (5 torp hits in quick succession), plus it makes a nice torp spread, but it doesn't work with torpedo doffs and the magazine system limits its usefulness as an autofiring steady-stream weapon.

The Romulan torpedo is really slow and destructable even in regular fire (let alone high yield), and so not so hot against fast-moving low-to-mid-hp targets. However against big targets (and with a couple of doffs), by the time the torpedoes DO hit, the shields will be long gone and you'll have a big long stream of torpedo impacts from multiple doff procs spiking for big hit chains and ugly ugly plasma fires. Just be careful when using it at close range or you'll set yourself on fire as well.
  • ericphailericphail Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Does the rapid fire of the Omega torp make a useful rear weapon? Spike all the damage as you pass (then it recharges while you face forward) or is it still rather poor (eg. worse than a turret or mine at the back)?
  • cmdrskyfallercmdrskyfaller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The devs still have not confirmed if the Romulan/Reman 2-piece set that increases speed and defense of heavy plasma torps works with these new launchers (if they are fired with high yield).