test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sovereign-Next interior bundle please

akirancakiranc Member Posts: 22 Arc User
I know there was talk awhile back about a Galaxy bridge interior like the DS9 Belfast bundle for the Defiant. My personal thoughts are why make an interior for a ship that is not widely used because of its unfavorable bridge officer layouts.

I think we should drum up some interest in trying to get the next bundle to be a Sovereign interior pack. A lot of people fly the Assault cruiser compared with most ships in game. In my opinion the current Sovereign bridges are TRIBBLE compared to the Galaxy and Prometheus packs.

My 2 cents however.
Post edited by akiranc on

Comments

• Options
    queetzqueetz Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    That and an Excelsior interior pack. Unfortunately, ship interiors seem to be in a very low priority, and whatever new interiors we've been having have been limited to bridges of lockbox ships.

A more easier route would be a generic improved interior, say a "modernized" version of the TOS Connie interior can actually work for most ships being used by players. Its just a matter of upgrading the consoles, chairs, walls, carpet, etc to 24th or 25th century style but the layout can remain the same. :cool:
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I just wish they'd fix the clipping errors in the existing bridges. Things like your officer sitting on the floor under their chair and such.

Fix that first. Then maybe make more. Don't keep pumping out half done ones.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    queetzqueetz Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    True. All interiors except for the Belfast, Aquarius (C-store Oddy bridge), and lock box bridges have these issues with officers floating off the chairs and such. So annoying I wish they'd fix it as well. :mad:
  • Options
    sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I have a feeling the low priority towards more canon ship interiors is because Cryptic/PW find it difficult to monetize something that is generally seldom used in-game. Sure, there's the Defiant and Constitution interiors from the DS9 and TOS bundles, but they're exactly that - tied in with a whole bunch of other stuff like pets and uniform variants.

Not many people visit their ship interior anyway - the few that do either are there for the odd BOff assignment, or in very very rare cases, private RP.

Therefore, I'm of the opinion that, unless Cryptic actually sets some missions/STFs/mini-games inside the ship interior, players aren't going to utilize them, and won't bother spending time/money on personalising them.

To remedy this, I've coauthored an expansive proposal with centersolace on revamping ship interiors. Details are in the link in my sig, but in summary:

- Each major ship class has a unique, fixed deck/room/corridor layout
    - Limited choices of decor (2409 A, 2409 B, 2409 C, 2409 D and C-store canon)
    - Mini-games with rewards
    - Episode mission integration
    - Random (but skippable) "shipboard encounters" that trigger upon entering ship interiors (many Trek TV episodes exclusively take place on the main cast's ship)
    - Cargo bay as extra storage
    - Improved gear crafting in Armory, Science Labs and Engineering workshops
    - Tribble/Epohh/Targ breeding
    - Hydroponics for food-base crafting
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    sumghai wrote: »
    I have a feeling the low priority towards more canon ship interiors is because Cryptic/PW find it difficult to monetize something that is generally seldom used in-game. Sure, there's the Defiant and Constitution interiors from the DS9 and TOS bundles, but they're exactly that - tied in with a whole bunch of other stuff like pets and uniform variants.

Not many people visit their ship interior anyway - the few that do either are there for the odd BOff assignment, or in very very rare cases, private RP.

Therefore, I'm of the opinion that, unless Cryptic actually sets some missions/STFs/mini-games inside the ship interior, players aren't going to utilize them, and won't bother spending time/money on personalising them.

To remedy this, I've coauthored an expansive proposal with centersolace on revamping ship interiors. Details are in the link in my sig, but in summary:

- Each major ship class has a unique, fixed deck/room/corridor layout
    - Limited choices of decor (2409 A, 2409 B, 2409 C, 2409 D and C-store canon)
    - Mini-games with rewards
    - Episode mission integration
    - Random (but skippable) "shipboard encounters" that trigger upon entering ship interiors (many Trek TV episodes exclusively take place on the main cast's ship)
    - Cargo bay as extra storage
    - Improved gear crafting in Armory, Science Labs and Engineering workshops
    - Tribble/Epohh/Targ breeding
    - Hydroponics for food-base crafting

I agree with these ideas. One of the possible mini-games should be featured exclusively on the ship's Holodeck. Also, more than one crew quarters area is highly suggested. Those "very very rare" (which aren't that rare) roleplaying scenarios often are brought down by a lack of different rooms, including more than one room.

Oh, and one more thing. Can Cryptic fix the Sovereign bridges so the ready room is on the right, and the conference room is aft? Every single movie with the Enterprise-E has the ready room on the right, and the conference room behind the captain's area.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yeah I'm all the way on board potential minigames/missions that launch both from inside your ship, and from fleet starbases, so there is a reason to visit both.

I don't know how often I'd do them depending what the rewards were, but it seems like something really worth looking into developing. I'd rather have that than new space sectors, in the short term. Fill the space you've got before making more.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    silverashes1silverashes1 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i like this idea
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nikoagonistesnikoagonistes Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'd spend Zen on a Sovereign interior pack that was done with the same degree of accuracy as the Constitution and Defiant interiors.

Heck, I'd like to see them reduce the size of the vanilla hallways so that they're not so large and cavernous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kevaldtkevaldt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I just want a PROPER sovereign bridge, the one in game just not right with that extra bank of consoles up front and other cosmetic gripes, I just want it to look like it did in the movies.

Dont need a special pack, just fix the one thats in place, the engineering section that comes standard on all ships is already based on the sovereign anyways.
    [SIGPIC]InGame - @Darth_Tauri[/SIGPIC]
    Joined - 9/2011
    "You Best Make Peace With Your Dear & Fluffy Lord" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • Options
    sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    kevaldt wrote: »
    I just want a PROPER sovereign bridge, the one in game just not right with that extra bank of consoles up front and other cosmetic gripes, I just want it to look like it did in the movies.

Dont need a special pack, just fix the one thats in place, the engineering section that comes standard on all ships is already based on the sovereign anyways.
    Cryptic won't simply fix it - they'll charge you for the privilege.

And they won't bother investing in better bridges, unless more players actively use them in gameplay, which leads back to the thread on revamping the ship interior:

Read the proposal

Provide feedback
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.