test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry Features limited for FTP Accounts?

Greetings all... I'm, new to the Foundry though not new to STO, been playing for about a year now with a FTP account...

I am however new to using the Foundry and I recently decided to try designing some of my own mission ideas using it.

However, I am a bit confused as every tutorial I have looked at so far show me missions being designed with features that I don't seem to have access too.

I've been looking at the tutorials available here:
http://sto.perfectworld.com/about/foundry/foundry-tutorials

For example, I tried creating something simple.

1. Arrive at ESD.
2. Go to a computer terminal
3. Interact with said terminal.

Easy peasy, so far the story is you've been contacted by someone on ESD who needs you to go and download some important information from a specific computer terminal in ESD. Once that is done, they inform you that you need to deliver the data to someone at Memory Alpha.

Now here is the problem.

I can't figure out how to get the mission to provide you with a "beam out" to go to Memory Alpha. The tutorial videos show how to do it, but every time I try to do it, the feature that the tutorial videos show, is not available to me.

I have to specifiy a "door" to "depart from", in other words I have send the Player to second interactive object somewhere on ESD, be it a plant, or some other terminal... once that object is interacted with, THEN it triggers a beam out to your ship...

The tutorial videos show that you can select specific sectors and ports to depart from, but when I try it, I select to depart from ESD but all it does is expand the ESD listing to give me a list of interactive objects inside ESD that I have to chose from to be the "door" that you depart from...

For example, in the FIRST video, right around the 5 minute mark the guys is showing how to set up the mission to depart from one point to the other.... but when I try to do it, they way he is showing in the video is very different from what I'm seeing in the Foundry!

So.

1. Are these tutorial videos even up to date with the current Foundry?
or
2. Are FTP accounts limited with what they can accomplish in the Foundry?
Post edited by nyarlathotep75 on

Comments

• zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Answer 1. Those tutorial videos are super out of date.

As a new foundry author what you want to watch is the new Foundry Essentials videos by Kirkfat

http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/category/sto-ugc-tutorial/

Scroll down till you find Foundry Essentials Back to Basics Series - Part I by Kirkfat
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • nyarlathotep75nyarlathotep75 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Wow.

Interesting, and thank you.

Why doesn't the tutorial page on the STO website get updated with that information then?
  • butter1484butter1484 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You must set it to depart from the whole map.
    Scan this QR code to go to the website of Klingon Legacy [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,148 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Wow.

Interesting, and thank you.

Why doesn't the tutorial page on the STO website get updated with that information then?

we get our "updates" after the pvp crowed
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • nyarlathotep75nyarlathotep75 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    butter1484 wrote: »
    You must set it to depart from the whole map.

It will not let me do that, there is nothing to set it to depart from under "whole map" and when I leave it set to "whole map" it just gives me an error and says I have to specify a "door" to depart from.

Zorbane (above) pointed me to some updated tutorial videos. I'm going to sit and watch those for a bit, and play around for awhile to see what I can do.
  • designationxr377designationxr377 Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You unfortunately can't depart from map on any cryptic map. You will need to use an interact or door. But, you can use some consoles like you mention. This will not send you to the Open Cryptic map of Memory Alpha populated with other players. That is still impossible.
  • bazagbazag Member Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    For social maps you do not need to create a map transition as the maps already have the details of transition set. Where you can transition to and how.

To go talk to a contact on memory Alpha after dealing with stuff on ESD all you have to do is to drag the type of objective (Talk to Contact) over into the same Cryptic maps map box.

Custom maps are different as they needed to be coded in about where you enter from and leave from and how that happens.