test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So, the anniversary ship is the missing link between the K't'inga and Vor'cha

misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Klingon Discussion
"The Kamarag class was first designed in the mid-24th century, but only a few prototype vessels were built."

http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/www/pictures/1358531996637.jpg

So it's the literal counterpart to the Ambassador from what it seems...

It's not that bad, it actually looks okay IMO.
Only the nacelles look a bit to 22nd cnetury-ish.

What do you folks think?
Post edited by misterde3 on

Comments

• aurigas7aurigas7 Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ok, it is a new ship. I won't buy more shipyard slots for it. *Yawn*
    Vorcha_forward.jpg
  • boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I think it looks good. Makes sense it would have elements from both, right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mirrorseacatmirrorseacat Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    not only that but Kamarag was a reoccurring Klingon Ambassador in the movies, so it really is the KDF Ambassador
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    That looks sweet. IMO, it's what a Klingon battlecruiser ought to look like.

Too bad I don't have a KDF toon rolled who can really use it... :(
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    boglejam73 wrote: »
    I think it looks good. Makes sense it would have elements from both, right?

It makes sense considering the era and the fact there's appearently a comparatively slow change in the appearance of Klingon ships.
    Assuming there were any newer ships built in that timeframe.
    Some of the "Last Era" novels indicate that after the Praxis incident and the resulting economic meltdown, the KDF was forced to use ships for decades that should have been retired from service.
    In addition there was practically no new development and construction of ships until the Klingons and the Cardassians started to get into their little war over the Betraka Nebula thingy.

So yeah, I think it works surprisingly well.
    edited January 2013
    bluegeek wrote: »
    That looks sweet. IMO, it's what a Klingon battlecruiser ought to look like.

Too bad I don't have a KDF toon rolled who can really use it... :(

You can always change that.:P
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    C'mon, you're teasing me, right ?

That ship is AWESOME looking, and I know where it came from.
    :P

THATS the 'warriors anger' (KCC or D7M) ship I dreamed of when I removed the lower center engine, right ?

PLEASE MAKE THAT A FLEET SHIP !!!
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
    edited January 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    C'mon, you're teasing me, right ?

That ship is AWESOME looking, and I know where it came from.
    :P

THATS the 'warriors anger' (KCC or D7M) ship I dreamed of when I removed the lower center engine, right ?

I agree it's good (but I think i'll make mine grey if possible),
    but on being a KCC...I-don't-think-so-Tim.;)

http://klingonacademy.com/xbackup_vbka/images/site/modpics/dps/kccc1.jpg

The SuvwI'Qeh looks a whole lot different from that.

The Kamarag is more like a Vor'cha with a K't'inga's lower front and a different hangar structure from the looks of it.
    PLEASE MAKE THAT A FLEET SHIP !!!

Oh yeah!:D
    edited January 2013
    misterde3 wrote: »
    I agree it's good (but I think i'll make mine grey if possible),
    but on being a KCC...I-don't-think-so-Tim.;)

http://klingonacademy.com/xbackup_vbka/images/site/modpics/dps/kccc1.jpg

The SuvwI'Qeh looks a whole lot different from that.

The Kamarag is more like a Vor'cha with a K't'inga's lower front and a different hangar structure from the looks of it.

Oh yeah!:D

Killjoy.

Green, red or pink I WANT one. Heck, gimme the skin to put on my Breen cruiser and I'll be happy.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It looks okay but I will pass on it unless it has some irresistible console in the c store version. It would take something special to make me want to replace a Vorcha with it.
  • veepnovaveepnova Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    lianthelia wrote: »
    It looks okay but I will pass on it unless it has some irresistible console in the c store version. It would take something special to make me want to replace a Vorcha with it.

Or my K'tinga. I like it, dont get me wrong, but I just dont see myself giving up my fleet K'Tinga for anything. It already does exactly what I need it to do. Although I'll probably get this ship just to have anyway.
  • tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I don't see the point. What does it give us. It looks like an old K'Tinga from TOS redone by a graphic artist to make it look a little more detailed and complete. What makes this ship something we must have? Why would I want it? Is it better than my Tor'Khat?

If we are to begin worshiping the next hopeful ship release, can we be given a reason why we should like it?

Feds just got a Vesta pack. Sweet. The next KDF ship and pack should be an opposing equivalent.

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
  • veepnovaveepnova Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This is for the anniversary event, to oppose the Ambassador class that the feds are getting, not the Vesta. Although I do agree that KDF needs something equivalent to that.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It has less value than the Ambassador, imho.

There are folks that wanted the Ambassador, even knowing it would never be better than the Galaxy (whether regular, refit, retrofit, or Fleet)...they just wanted the Ambassador - an Ambassador they could fly at endgame (i.e. RA or higher).

The Kamarag...well, it's the Ambassador equivalent without being a ship that had any following - any players that would want to fly it even if it were worse than other ships out there.

The K't'inga -> Vor'cha -> Negh'var chain is pretty well documented. Squeezing a Kamarag battle cruiser in there...well, doesn't really make sense. There's not really that missing battle cruiser.

Course, on the other hand - what if it were not a "battle" cruiser? What if it were a "science" cruiser? What if it was an alternate to the Varanus...what if it was along the lines of a KDF Nebula?
    edited January 2013
    Killjoy.

HEY!:mad:

Had you called it a KBCH with her dorsal engines removed I would've agreed with you.
  • cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    She's the best original Klingon ship in the game, it's too bad there's almost nothing new about it.

7/10 would fly if not for those super old nacelles.
    edited January 2013
    HEY!:mad:

Had you called it a KBCH with her dorsal engines removed I would've agreed with you.

That was my first thought, but in the pic it looks a bit small to be a C8 (dread / light BB)
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/klingon-academy-ii-the-general-war/images/klingon4
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• cmdrskyfallercmdrskyfaller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    edited January 2013
    It looks kinda like the ship from http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=431431

But personally I like that ship better than the one we are getting.
  • cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    lianthelia wrote: »
    It looks kinda like the ship from http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=431431

But personally I like that ship better than the one we are getting.

That is one beautiful model.
    edited January 2013
    That was my first thought, but in the pic it looks a bit small to be a C8 (dread / light BB)
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/klingon-academy-ii-the-general-war/images/klingon4

You're using the Klingon Academy 2 fan-mod as a reference?
    Seriously?
    It's a weird amalgam of two completely different Interplay games that just happen to share a couple of models (because it was cheaper) but are otherwise set in two different universes.

Why is the Kamarag too small?:confused:
    The KA manual gives the Emperor's 412m size at and the Warrior's Anger's at 336m.
    Which means they're both shorter than the Vor'cha and from the looks of it the Kamarag is basically the size of the Vor'cha, only a bit shorter.

And I think you missed that the most distinctive feature on the Warrior's Anger is the fact it has two torpedo launchers in the forward section.;)
    edited January 2013
    You're using the Klingon Academy 2 fan-mod as a reference?
    Seriously?
    It's a weird amalgam of two completely different Interplay games that just happen to share a couple of models (because it was cheaper) but are otherwise set in two different universes.

Why is the Kamarag too small?:confused:
    The KA manual gives the Emperor's 412m size at and the Warrior's Anger's at 336m.
    Which means they're both shorter than the Vor'cha and from the looks of it the Kamarag is basically the size of the Vor'cha, only a bit shorter.

And I think you missed that the most distinctive feature on the Warrior's Anger is the fact it has two torpedo launchers in the forward section.;)

I ONLY used the site for the pics.
    :D
    ...And I sidestepped the dual torp mounts on the warriors anger because I'd rather have that ship than the emperor. Both got extensive play in my KA days but my most glorious victories came in the WA.

Now quit messin up my fantasy transference to this weak game.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I like it, worth looking into for my KDF captain.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
    edited January 2013
    I might consider her if she were a single hanger carrier with a decent turn rate...but I love carriers while many don't.
    edited January 2013
    I ONLY used the site for the pics.
    ...And I sidestepped the dual torp mounts on the warriors anger because I'd rather have that ship than the emperor. Both got extensive play in my KA days but my most glorious victories came in the WA.

Now quit messin up my fantasy transference to this weak game.

*raises coffee mug* okeydokey:)
    edited January 2013
    Oh BTW, lordmalak1, as you mentioned it the KA2 mod is a whole lot of fun.
    Especially when played with the improved Fleetops graphics.
    There's a tutorial in the MODDB-page how to make it running in Fleetops as a mod.
    Some things are a bit strange, for example the person that made the mod interpreted the sensors on the Soyuz as phasers and there are some whacky torpedo variants for most sides but it's great to play.
    edited January 2013
    Oh BTW, lordmalak1, as you mentioned it the KA2 mod is a whole lot of fun.
    Especially when played with the improved Fleetops graphics.
    There's a tutorial in the MODDB-page how to make it running in Fleetops as a mod.
    Some things are a bit strange, for example the person that made the mod interpreted the sensors on the Soyuz as phasers and there are some whacky torpedo variants for most sides but it's great to play.

KA2 mod ?
    The last mod I installed into KA was 'Romulan Dawn', I don't remember if I ever finished it as that was about 4 PC's ago. http://dhost.info/phoenix/romdawn.htm
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

edited January 2013
    KA2 mod ?
    The last mod I installed into KA was 'Romulan Dawn', I don't remember if I ever finished it as that was about 4 PC's ago. http://dhost.info/phoenix/romdawn.htm

Sorry, but you misunderstand:

KA2 is a mod for Star Trek Armada 2.
    Or in this case, the guy in charge adjusted it so it works in Armada 2 Fleet Operations which for some reason looks better, works on 64 bit systems like a charm etc.