Options

PvP Boot Camp Ground Curriculum: A Brief Sketch by Pug01 and Subu

gradstudent1gradstudent1 Member Posts: 633 Arc User
edited January 2013 in PvP Boot Camp
Ground Curriculum
Draft 4
Finalized

Class Configuration:
-Assign students to coaches (8 per coach/assistant team, all the same Career)
1 coach and 1 assistant coach per 8 students. Students are organized by Career Type. The assistant coach is always a tac; the main coach is always the same Career as the students.
-Break into classes and proceed with training.

Note: each of A, B, C, D, is its own month. Classes are allowed (and encouraged!) to go overtime. If you don?t have enough players for teams, your coaches will coordinate to share players.

A. Core Training.
Required Reading: PRIMER
0: Preliminary review of settings, keybinds, and equipment. Brief students quickly about what we are going to cover today and how the class is going to progress.
1: Three States: (Aim&Crouch. Sprint to move. One step from cover.)
2: The dangers of Animation Lock, and the class, kit, and weapon abilities that generate it.
3: Introduction to class and kit: what your class and kit powers do, and simple but effective applications. Each class will learn only the things pertinent to their class.
Tactical: The superbuff. Introduction to Suppressing Fire.
Science: Healing basics. Introduction to debuffing.
Engineer: Shield tanking basics. Introduction to debuffing. The dangers of CoverShield.
4: Fight, with coaches observing and making reminders and suggestions.

B. Introduction to Team Combat
Required Reading: DOFFS AND GEAR. INTRODUCTION TO THE FOUR MAPS.
0: Preliminary review of A.
1: Flank damage, Exposes, and Exploits.
2: Techniques for focus fire.
3: Playing your role in your team.
Tactical: Using Suppressing Fire to slow enemies and reduce incoming damage. Chaining Tactical Initiative.
Science: Keeping your team alive and debuffing enemies. Positioning.
Engineer: Using your debuffs to nullify an enemy tactical officer or trap a target for your team to kill. Super tanking with Tac Init.
4: Fight, with coaches observing and making reminders and suggestions.

C. Advanced Team Combat
Required Reading: SKILLS AND BUILDS
0: Preliminary review of B. Brief students quickly about what we are going to cover today and how the class is going to progress.
1: How to regroup after you get rolled. How to break a spawncamp.
2: Bunker and Breach, Defense Techniques.
3: Bunker and Breach, Assault Techniques.
4: Scenario Fight: Bunker and Breach, with coaches observing and making reminders and suggestions.

D. How to deal with special cases?
Required Reading: STEALTH, PERCEPTION, AND THE OPERATIVE KIT
0: Preliminary review of C. Brief students quickly about what we are going to cover today and how the class is going to progress.
1: The Cryo Gun (if it is still an issue)
a: What it does
b: Counters
2: Dealing with a cloaker
a: How do you tell a cloaker is coming?
b: How do you ensure the team survives the superbuff?
3: Scenario fight: Attack of the Killer Cloaker Coaches
Post edited by gradstudent1 on

Comments

• Options
    iononionon Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hi please can you point me the links to read:
    DOFFS AND GEAR. INTRODUCTION TO THE FOUR MAPS.

SKILLS AND BUILDS

STEALTH, PERCEPTION, AND THE OPERATIVE KIT

I'm not able to find them.......thx!!
  • Options
    cassielynacassielyna Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Couple of quick questions:

1. Where is this required reading?
    2. You mentioned "overtime", but how long is the "scheduled" time supposed to be?
    3. For the space PvP boot camp, you had an intro to spvp that was supposed to be read. Is there something like that for the ground portion, or sure the required reading topics for each month?
    Cassie Lynn@Achlyssa
    Directive 010
  • Options
    fireblazerswordfireblazersword Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I think there has been only a small amount of applications due to the fact that this event hasn't been advertised clearly to the players of Star Trek Online. I, for example, only found out today due to a friend of mines.
  • Options
    guriphuguriphu Member Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The required readings for the next 3 months have not been posted yet.

The scheduled time is 90 minutes.

The monthly required readings are all you need to read for each session. The first one covers the same type of basic information that the space bootcamp reading covered, although the content is of course very different.

---

fireblazersword: you are correct. Space boot camp got several cross-linked threads in the main pvp forum, two blog posts on the STO front page and launcher, a forum/ingame mail blitz, and at least one shoutout on Priority One. Ground apparently only gets a couple of threads buried in a subforum of a subforum.
  • Options
    iononionon Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hi alll ...then i wander whay say:

Required reading if we are not able to read???
  • Options
    cassielynacassielyna Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    guriphu wrote: »
    The required readings for the next 3 months have not been posted yet.

The scheduled time is 90 minutes.

The monthly required readings are all you need to read for each session. The first one covers the same type of basic information that the space bootcamp reading covered, although the content is of course very different.

Maybe I am missing something, but the event is in a few days, and I don't see the link for the first required reading...

Edit- I see it now. Perhaps it could be linked in the OP where it states the required reading?
    Cassie Lynn@Achlyssa
    Directive 010