test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Carrier questions

kb21kb21 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Klingon Discussion
I just got into a Vo'quv and so far like it a lot with the B'rel's in the bays but my question is are B'rels the best option?

I have the dacoit cruiser, the corsair cruiser and the marauder patrol cruiser and Kar'fi so have access to the hangar ships from those ships as well.

My Sci officer is level 46 now and I want a ship that survives pretty much anything while being able to still kill things. Should I use the Vo'quv or switch to a different carrier. Also what would be the best option to stick in the hangar?

Also just a curiosity question here... how would dropping energy weaps and going exclusively torps workout? thinking put all Plasma torps, with plasma consoles and turrets on rear of ship but dont know if thats even viable. By going torps only could I stick aux and def really high and put engine and weaps to 25% and still do well?
Post edited by kb21 on

Comments

• lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,866 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    kb21 wrote: »
    I just got into a Vo'quv and so far like it a lot with the B'rel's in the bays but my question is are B'rels the best option?

I have the dacoit cruiser, the corsair cruiser and the marauder patrol cruiser and Kar'fi so have access to the hangar ships from those ships as well.

My Sci officer is level 46 now and I want a ship that survives pretty much anything while being able to still kill things. Should I use the Vo'quv or switch to a different carrier. Also what would be the best option to stick in the hangar?

Also just a curiosity question here... how would dropping energy weaps and going exclusively torps workout? thinking put all Plasma torps, with plasma consoles and turrets on rear of ship but dont know if thats even viable. By going torps only could I stick aux and def really high and put engine and weaps to 25% and still do well?

Well if you want survival the Voquv is your best bet...along with some http://www.stowiki.org/Hangar_-_B%27Rotlh_Birds-of-Prey you can do some nice damage as well.

On the torp part well...you can do it if you want but well it will be hard to deal with because of the voquv's horrible turn rate.

Weapons aren't a huge deal on the voquv, when I flew a voquv last I threw on some polarized disruptors beams for the debuffs and a quantum front and rear.
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'd say Advanced Orion Slavers for PVE as only they have a raid function and will pay for themselves in time (abit at least a couple months of use) and B'roths or if you want to go to the extra effort Elite Scorpians for pvp for the dps.

So far my Advanced Slavers have earned me 12,000 Dilithium worth of contraband total and I don't play everyday. Still by the end of Feburary they'll have payed for themselves and be pure profit after that. My lobs are tingling.

They're not dps machines like the ES or B'roths, but they had hold there own and in once in a while a Quantum Mine will save me from a high yield torp. Plus they look cool. But they don't raid during pvp so that's a good time to exiperment.
  • momawmomaw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'd really suggest saving up dil until you can get some Elite Scorpions from the romulan reputation path. They are exceedingly powerful pets. Slavers can steal contraband for you, but in the end they just don't do very much damage compared to your other options. You can get plenty of contraband from doing Marauding doff assignments, if you want contraband to turn into dil ore. Until then, my personal preference was one hangar of Birds and one of basic To'duj fighters

And if you go with the Vo'quv, keep an eye out for some good quality Flight Deck Officers. With two hangar bays you get double benefit from these and they can really crank up your launch rate.
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'd say Advanced Orion Slavers for PVE as only they have a raid function and will pay for themselves in time (abit at least a couple months of use) and B'roths or if you want to go to the extra effort Elite Scorpians for pvp for the dps.

So far my Advanced Slavers have earned me 12,000 Dilithium worth of contraband total and I don't play everyday. Still by the end of Feburary they'll have payed for themselves and be pure profit after that. My lobs are tingling.

They're not dps machines like the ES or B'roths, but they had hold there own and in once in a while a Quantum Mine will save me from a high yield torp. Plus they look cool. But they don't raid during pvp so that's a good time to exiperment.
  • mustafatennickmustafatennick Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The voquv is a beast i use the brothl

i cant say anything about the elite scorpions but if the feds use em why would you want to use em

The Slavers are only good for one thing...intercept mode so they can shoot down incoming high yield from cubes

if you want to do damage the bops are the only route(or ES) that and single cannons front with turrets rear rapid fire 1 and two or a beta 2 to make your bops hit harder

some footnotes on the pets

Brothl bops have high yield II they launch 3/4 quantums at a time a standard hit from one of them is around 10k if you use beta you can crit anything up to 40k from a single strike yeah you might get some contraband from the slavers but i doubt very much
    ----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====---- :cool:
  • heresincebetaheresincebeta Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I really prefer the karfi with advanced ferjai frigates
  • crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If you want to hear the anguished crying of Feds in PvP, put the siphon drones on.
  • cmdrskyfallercmdrskyfaller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The VoQuv is the best carrier you can get. It can be kitted as an insane tank or as an insane attack ship.

It has the best pet selection in the game as well.

You dont want to get flight deck cruisers since those are limited to low damage pets and you can launch only small amounts of them... those ships are also rather weak in the tanking dept.
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The VoQuv is the best carrier you can get. It can be kitted as an insane tank or as an insane attack ship.

It has the best pet selection in the game as well.

You dont want to get flight deck cruisers since those are limited to low damage pets and you can launch only small amounts of them... those ships are also rather weak in the tanking dept.

I Agree with this statment :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mothermoymothermoy Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I really prefer the karfi with advanced ferjai frigates

Quote for Truth my fellow Karfi lover. Those Fer Jai frigates are hossmonsters.....