test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Devices - What do you carry?

ericphailericphail Member Posts: 87 Arc User
edited January 2013 in The Academy
Simple question what do people tend to carry in their belt device slots and ship device slots?
What's good and what's pointless?

At the moment:
Ground - Cordrazine Hypo, Shard of Possibilities, Remodulator, Tribble (Mattson)

Space - Subspace field modulator, Shield Battery, Scorpion Fighters (vault consumable, I'll find something else when I've exhausted them)

As recommendations go I would prefer things that are obtainable without zen and available to all (I know the red matter thing is good but I'll never get one so...)
Post edited by ericphail on

Comments

• Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Space:
    Subspace Field Modulator, Weapons Battery, Deuterium Surplus, Prototype Ablative Jevonite Hardpoints

Ground:
    Fire Suppression Device, Insect Repellent, Fiery Party Popper, Explosive Party Popper
    :D
    As you can tell I don't take ground too seriously.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    bortjinxbortjinx Member Posts: 397
    edited January 2013
    Ground - Shard of Possibilities, Ophidian Cane, Remodulator, and a tribble slot. Tribble varies depending on enemy and location.

Space - Subspace Field Modulator. My other device slot is currently empty. I used to have Scorpion fighters in there, but they ran out. I really want the Red Matter Capacitor, but I'd have to buy a whole new copy of the game for that. it could still be tempting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    In space: subspace field mod. Rest depends on the encounter and the character, but usually weapons batteries and aux batts on my sci. There is nothing worse than sitting in a web during a tholian encounter and waiting for your weapons to come back online...
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I don't carry a remodulator, that's what the integral one is for.

I carry a Cordrazine Hypo, Shard of Possibilities, Ophidian Cane, and a Gambling Device.

On my Chimera is a Subspace Field Modulator, weapon batteries, and shield/aux combo batteries. When that combo eventually runs out I have shield/engine ones handy.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Space: Red matter device and a stack of turrets.

Ground: ophidian Cane, shard of possibilities, combat horta, one of: med hypos, tribble, remodulator
  • Options
    flatmattflatmatt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    On my main (science):

Space: Subspace Field Modulator, Red Matter Capacitor, Deuterium Surplus
    Ground: Fractal Remodulator, Triolic Pattern Enhancer, Shard of Possibilities, Triolic Tribble

My sci gave her Combat Horta and the Ophidian Cane to BOffs when the replay thing came around. I've heard the Cane used a handful of times but sadly have yet to see the Horta again... Perhaps I should just put away the Pattern Enhancer and take back the Horta for my Captain.

Meanwhile, on my tactical:

Space: Subspace Field Modulator, Red Matter Capacitor
    Ground: Remodulator (standard), Triolic Pattern Enhancer, Shard of Possibilities, Ricossa Tribble

Dn'Dok, son of Ladok - Klingon/Romulan Engineer ~~ Mosa M'ren-faa - Ferasan Tactical
    Krushan Twinn - Orion Science
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I never leave home without at least ten Engine and Weapon batteries each. They've saved my butt against the Romulans and the Tholians more times than I can count.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Space: 20x of Engine, Shield and Weapon battery - the first the particularly useful in ISE for when I need to fly from one side of the Gateway to another, in order to quickly kill the second cube.

Ground: Shard of Possibilities, Fleet Tribble, 120+ Small Hypos and Frosted Boots.
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • Options
    zeroalexandrazeroalexandra Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Space: Red Matter, Weapons Batteries, Subspace Field Modulator

Ground: Ophidian Cane, Large Hypos, Large Shield Battery, Shard of Possibilities - (I use a gambling device at the start of the mission.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    loverofwarsloverofwars Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ground: large power cells reason i'm a science officer and out damage most tacts in pugs in elites that should not happen thats when i hit the cells if things go a lil awkward.
    large hypos are a must for anyone for any ground combat keeps you alive you can use them when held by the vampire things sometimes they unlock the hold sometimes they dont.
    shard of possibilitys 3 is better then one ok they dont do too much but are useful more damage more targets to distract an enemy essental for pvp.
    gambling device reason simple improves crit chance and severity again essental for pvp works fine in pve definatly something to have if your a serious ground fighter and stand still watch it when it fails to work and the motion of your character:D

space subspace field modulator dont use in pvp alot of players use anti proton it takes you 400- anti proton resistant..
    weapons battery mainly use when weapons offline or used full impulse coming out with no weapons power isnt too good:P
    shield battery use if i need a lil extra shielding or shields offline
    and if space depending on ships i use an auxiliary battery too auxiliary is used for hazard emitters aux to structural and when offline they dont function not a dangerous thing unless your in trouble then i use it and sometimes i use it for an extra power boost to give my abilitys and healing stuff which uses it more effect useful to have in bigger ships carriers cruisers ect
  • Options
    jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Space: Red Matter, Subspace Field Modulator

Ground: ... Large Hypo, Large Shield when I am made to leave my ship :p
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ground: Large hypo. Large shield. Whatever special item I've found useful. Back up shields or hypo.

Space: Shield batteries. Romulan fighters when I get them. SFM if I have the space. Class-appropriate batteries if I have the space.
    <3
  • Options
    f9thaceshighf9thaceshigh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    For ground I usually use:
    The shard of possibilities, a stack of large hypos and a stack of holographic exocomps, and then I use the fourth slot for whatever I might need for the mission at hand, flashlight, Ophidian cane, Horta, etc. If there's nothing I think is particularly useful I'll pack a tribble in there. My MACO set comes with a shield heal, so I don't need a shield battery.

In space, each ship is different. But I usually pack either large shield batteries or combo shield/Aux or shield/engine batteries. Deployable turrets are also handy.
  • Options
    undyingzeroundyingzero Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ground: Shard of Possibilities, Ophidian Cane, a bunch of Cordrazine Hypos, and the Science IDIC Tribble.

Space: Subspace Field Modulator, Shield Battery, Weapon Battery.
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Space: Subspace Field Modulator - I don't use devices in space much.

Ground: Ophidian Cane, 20 medium hypos and a Borg remodulator.
  • Options
    kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ground: Ophidian Cane, Shard of Possibilities, 20 small hypos, 20 Anti-Coagulant Nanoenergy Cell

Main Ship: Rechargeable Shield Battery, Subspace Modulator, Red Matter Capacitor

Shuttle: 20 of any heavy weapons platform
  • Options
    obertheromulanobertheromulan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ground: Large Hypospray, Large Powercell, Ophidian Cane, Shard of Possibilities
    (using the Gambleing Device then unslotting it again)

Space: Red Matter Capacitor, Rechargeable Shields Battery, (+Subspace Field Modulator on ships with 3 slots)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vornek@oberlerchner123 - Join Date: July 2008
  • Options
    gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ground: Shard of Possibilities, Ophidian Cane, Combat Horta, and Cordrazine Hypo's.

Space: Depends on my ship. Subspace Modifier, Weapon and Shield batteries (I'm forgetting an item). I wish the Red Matter Capacitor was available.
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • Options
    latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I wish the Red Matter Capacitor was available.

Depends on what you mean by 'available'. It is not available in Z-store. BUT, you can still get it by purchasing the Collector's edition, which is still available on Amazon.
    badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Interesting thread.

In space there's not a lot of useful options IMHO:

Red Matter Capacitor, Subspace Modifier are must-haves. Perhaps some random turrets and/or Scorpion Fighters for the lulz.
  • Options
    illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Subspace modulator and an Engine battery, typically. Occasionally I'll grab some deuterium surplus for PVP.
  • Options
    bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited January 2013
    Ground- Large Shield Charge, Large Hypo, Shard of Possibilities. Fourth slot is either a borg tribble or bug spray depending on missions I'm running.

Space- Subspace Field Modulator and Deuterium Surplus.