test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Special Episode Replays Made Permanent?

wingcmdr1977wingcmdr1977 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
The special episodes we had avaliable to us over the holidays, What's the reason they can't be added on a permanent basis?

Has their been some logical reason why they can't be added, hard core reason? :confused:
Post edited by wingcmdr1977 on

Comments

• misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but I guess you mean the Breen, Devidian Series etc.
    The missions remain in the game, the special rewards they bring like the Breen Bridge officer leave until another time.
    So you can always replay them at a later time, but the rewards they bring will change.
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hard Core Reason? Novelty of those special items.

It's more of a reward to those who were around when they were available. I personally rather like this. It helps I got the pimp cane for all of my toons, but even if I didn't, I would still be a little "huh?" if a supposed special event was made permanent. Wouldn't be so special if it were permanent now would it?
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    misterde3 wrote: »
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but I guess you mean the Breen, Devidian Series etc.
    The missions remain in the game, the special rewards they bring like the Breen Bridge officer leave until another time.
    So you can always replay them at a later time, but the rewards they bring will change.

Indeed, when a Featured Episode series is first added to the game, all players from levels 5 to 50 (Fed) or 25 to 50 (KDF) can play it but they only add one episode a week.

The final episode in the chain will have a special limited time reward (Breen BOff, Reman BOff, Devidian Cane or Shard of Possibilities) meant to reward those who played the missions as they were released. After two weeks to a month the episodes will be intergrated into the Episode list where the devs feel it fits the most, (Devidian Arc was put into the Klingon missions, Romulan Arc was put into the Romulan Missions, Jem Hadar arc into the Cardassian missions and the Breen got a Section to themselves).

Occasionally they 'rerun' the featured episodes and open them up to all levels again and give out the special reward for those who weren't here/didn't get it the first time around.
  • sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    replay again in May when season 8 hits