test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Classic Tournament Possibility (Unofficial/Player-run)

13»

Comments

• xiltynxiltyn Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Okay I see this as an attempt at a 'balanced' pvp tourney environment, and that's all well and good. It could be fun, however I have to agree that for that to be possible:

No consoles at all allowed. (That's right no normal tact, eng, or sci.)
    No Duty Officers at all allowed.
    No Bridge Officers with passive traits ie: Human/Lethean
    No Hybrid Weapons.
    No ships other than the choices one gets for free as leveling up. (Also, no limit to teams on how many of what ship. To do so only gives one side FED/KDF or the other an advantage.)
    No Engine/Deflector/Shield sets at all.
    Carrier hangars should be limited to what normally comes with the ship when you first get it.
    No LAN teaming.

(Still how is the veteran buff dealt with?)
    (What about deaf players? Should the use of any voice chat also be banned? Then you have the people who can't type so should also all chat window use be banned?)

Sweet and simple. Anything else really is a joke.
  • polie05polie05 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    we have a tourny already being planned, maybe you can get this postponed.
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    polie05 wrote: »
    we have a tourny already being planned, maybe you can get this postponed.

Well there are a ton of EX STO players that have all left or log in once a week... that would gladly come back for a classic tourny.... so don't worry the people that would be playing are unlikely to be the same group of people. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    **** yes. Convince QEW to comeback for this tourney.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • livinrtblivinrtb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Classic PVP Tournament

What a great idea, I have done something similar in the past and it was a blast. It really allows even the newest players to PVP a chance to compete with the pro?s on a level playing field.

I think that weapons and consoles should be limited to MkXI rare (Blue quality) to give everyone a fair shot at the title. Sets like the Ageis, jem, and Breen should be allowed as anyone can pick them up in missions or crafted. Also hybrid weapons should be allowed as well for the same reason as the sets. But if not I won?t hurt my feelings as the regular MkXI Shields, engine and deflector is what I plan to use.

Also the cross faction teams, wicked idea. The only question I really have is, will the c-store RA ships be used?

I myself am far more interested in attending the Classic Tournament, I have played them before and at the end most people had a great time they leant something and there was very little bickering after words. Other Tournaments, what can I say, exactly the same as above except the total opposite

Spanks Monkey Great Job
    Kraven@LIVIN

P.S.
    If u need any help promoting this tournament, I would be pleased to help
  • devorasxdevorasx Member Posts: 693
    edited January 2013
    Shall we try to get a TS meeting set and discuss the remainder rules so we can get this started? Im itching to get the gear availble so i want to know in advance what ground rules are. Essentially though, what was availble in 1.2/2.0 would be the limit.
    Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
  • xtremenoob1xtremenoob1 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    devorasx wrote: »
    Shall we try to get a TS meeting set and discuss the remainder rules so we can get this started? Im itching to get the gear availble so i want to know in advance what ground rules are. Essentially though, what was availble in 1.2/2.0 would be the limit.

^^^

Bootcamp TS is available for such a meeting.

*grins* evilly thinking about a Negh'var build. Oh wait, just need to dust the moth-ballz.
    -X-/Pandas - Pheo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ^^^

Bootcamp TS is available for such a meeting.

*grins* evilly thinking about a Negh'var build. Oh wait, just need to dust the moth-ballz.

Best neutral territory - Agreed ;)

But in light of recent events, do you want to associate the tourney with bootcamp for now?
    edited January 2013
    naz4 wrote: »

But in light of recent events, do you want to associate the tourney with bootcamp for now?

The TS would just be a forum to discuss and most the people posting have the info.
    -X-/Pandas - Pheo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    Bootcamp TS it is then. But can we agree upon a date and time? Preferably would be this weekend sometime.

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
    edited January 2013
    Bootcamp TS it is then. But can we agree upon a date and time? Preferably would be this weekend sometime.

maybe 2-4hrs afters the CET event? I would suspect most could/would be around then?

Anyway w/e works best for most.

Cheers!
    -X-/Pandas - Pheo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    maybe 2-4hrs afters the CET event? I would suspect most could/would be around then?

Anyway w/e works best for most.

Cheers!

shall we try this saturday at 8 PM CET/2 PM EST?

edited January 2013
    shall we try this saturday at 8 PM CET/2 PM EST?

Works for me.
    -X-/Pandas - Pheo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    TRIBBLE i cant saturday, as im babysitting my cousins daughter -.-

Sunday same time if all concure?

edited January 2013
    TRIBBLE i cant saturday, as im babysitting my cousins daughter -.-

Sunday same time if all concure?

My schedule is lax, so whatever works for most. Maybe we can do some split meetings to maximize the potential?

Perhaps electing a scribe to post notes would be a good idea, too?
    -X-/Pandas - Pheo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    Works for me as soon and possible something gets done and disucssed.

• havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited January 2013

No. Boot Camp is running fine without extra luggage and egos to accommodate, best to keep it that way, imv.

And just to show you how I really feel:

"Recent events" have made it quite clear, that new players might not need to be introduced to some of the Veteran's personal vendettas. We're here to have fun after all.

Setting PvP kindergarten kids up to compete in an open tourny....whats the point? Lambs to the slaughter? Target practice? Coaches fighting with one hand behind the tied behind their back?

What would boot camp gain at this point from this tourny? I mean we still haven't finished the second session. Some players still have a very long way to go to ....
    edited January 2013
    havam wrote: »
    No. Boot Camp is running fine without extra luggage and egos to accommodate, best to keep it that way, imv.

And just to show you how I really feel:

"Recent events" have made it quite clear, that new players might not need to be introduced to some of the Veteran's personal vendettas. We're here to have fun after all.

Setting PvP kindergarten kids up to compete in an open tourny....whats the point? Lambs to the slaughter? Target practice? Coaches fighting with one hand behind the tied behind their back?

What would boot camp gain at this point from this tourny? I mean we still haven't finished the second session. Some players still have a very long way to go to ....

The TS is simply being used as a medium to discuss this event further. There hasn't been a mention of opening the event to bootcamp. Not that they couldn't join the event if they were inclined but I think most players that are in bootcamp probably weren't pvp'ing during s1.2-2.

Thanks for your input.
    -X-/Pandas - Pheo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The TS is simply being used as a medium to discuss this event further. There hasn't been a mention of opening the event to bootcamp. Not that they couldn't join the event if they were inclined but I think most players that are in bootcamp probably weren't pvp'ing during s1.2-2.

Thanks for your input.

Just to clarify, using the TS is all fine and dandy.I was specifically responding to the second part of the question.
    edited January 2013
    havam wrote: »
    Just to clarify, using the TS is all fine and dandy.I was specifically responding to the second part of the question.

What question? :confused:

• thumappthumapp Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What question? :confused:

I assume he's referring to Naz's question about connecting the Classic tourney to the Boot camp.
    .The Spanish Inquisition.
    TSI -- Star Trek Online PvP Vidoes (Youtube)
    /channel_join OrganizedPVP If you are interested in learning PVP, looking for a team, or a private match.
    edited January 2013
    edalgo wrote: »
    Where would I find the TS info for the meeting?

Sounds like Sunday 1-20 @ 8PM (2000) CET / 2PM (1400) EST will work for most?

pvpbootcamp.com:1406

Cheers!
    -X-/Pandas - Pheo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • emoejoeemoejoe Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I think we all have multiple toons.... picking one and simply REFUSING to level the rep isn't asking all that much. I do have most of my toons to the tier 2 passives... but I do have a couple with out and would be willing to fly them unleveled.

I know enforcing that is next to impossible however... really though considering the heal fests we used to get into with engi cruisers and sci healers... the thought of those guys all having tier 4 shield regen TRIBBLE is not cool.

u thought wrong i may be the minority but i only have 1 toon. sure i dont have rep passives yet anyway' and i only fly brel and use trico torp (which is not banworthy by any means) so im already out. carry on 75toon having *******s