test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PLEASE make my Borg boff tradeable

tcostiktcostik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I love my Borg boff, and I want to keep using her, but not being able to trade her means I miss out on a lot of great abilities. Please change this Cryptic!
Post edited by tcostik on

Comments

• hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    tcostik wrote: »
    I love my Borg boff, and I want to keep using her, but not being able to trade her means I miss out on a lot of great abilities. Please change this Cryptic!

What abilities are you missing out on?

Unless you're not an engineering captain, in which case... TS.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • tcostiktcostik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm a tac, so I miss out on any captain training only engineer abilities. However, this same situation would be true of anyone who has bought a c-store boff, regardless of their captain type or boff type.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I prefer the sacrifical boff method. You have someone train a sacrifical engineer boff with the skill you want and they package them up and put it in the inactive form in their inventory. They trade the boff to you and you can sacrifice that boff to train your borg boff. This method would work for all boffs that are bound. Although for the borg boff, having them similar to the Caitian and Aenar boffs would work as well and they could be unbound that way. Although, that might cause some problems with people that did KA ground for the male science borg boff.
    edited January 2013
    I thought of that, and tried it this morning. I couldn't get it to work though. A fleetmate trained a random boff I had, then traded it back to me. However, it would only go in my active roster, and I couldn't use it to train. AFAIK, there isn't a way for someone to train a boff, and then package it back up (for sale on the exchange, or for it to go in to a reserve roster.) Unless I'm missing something major?
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It is not in the game and is a feature that has been requested before. Basically it requires changing an active bridge officer to an inactive one.
    edited January 2013
    Oh, gotcha. Totally misread what you had read. Either system would work. Regardless of the method, something should change. It makes no sense that other boffs can be traded/trained, but not the C-Store ones.
  • glassguitarglassguitar Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I should test this first, but I am pretty sure an active boff can be sent via mail and will arrive "packed up."
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited January 2013

I agree. I would like the BorgBOff to be tradeable as well so she could be trained in new T3 and T4 skills that are hard to get normally on other BO's.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
    edited January 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    I prefer the sacrifical boff method. You have someone train a sacrifical engineer boff with the skill you want and they package them up and put it in the inactive form in their inventory. They trade the boff to you and you can sacrifice that boff to train your borg boff. This method would work for all boffs that are bound.

But I will use this get-around instead.

R.I.P
    edited January 2013
    I should test this first, but I am pretty sure an active boff can be sent via mail and will arrive "packed up."
    Nope. I tried yesterday. Once a doff is "opened" for training, they can only ever go in to an open roster, not "packed up." That's why you don't see boffs on the exchange with captain only traits.
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    But I will use this get-around instead.

That method doesn't work.
    edited January 2013

That method doesn't work.

well, TRIBBLE.........

R.I.P
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well, Aux to Struct 3 is only available on the Exchange, anyway. I guess the problem would be trying to get EPtS3...
  • kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    They should let players train abilities to inactive BOffs. It would be simple to buy a common engi BOff and train it Engineering Team 3 and then trade him to a friend so they can sacrifice it to give their liberated borg BO Engineering Team 3.

This way there is no TRIBBLE around with changing BOffs back and forth from active to inactive duty, and any unforeseeable problems that might result from that.