test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question about continuing a story from a canon episode

nxclass13nxclass13 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
I have begun work on a storyline involving the colony of Borg that Janeway left on a planet on Voyager: Unity.

After checking the EULA as long as I do not use the likenesses of any of the shows characters I can use this as a story correct? and if so how much can I use? I plan to tie it in to a "supposed" invasion of ESD. I want to awnser the question of "WHere are they now?" so to speak.:cool:
Post edited by nxclass13 on

Comments

• drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited January 2013
    You have it correct, as long as you use no actor's likenesses, you may proceed.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    You have it correct, as long as you use no actor's likenesses, you may proceed.
    One side provision: this only applies to live action actors. If it's an animated (via CGI or cel) character their likeness is not covered here.

But that's a minor proviso that applies to a very small number of charcters(mostly TAS).

In your case, you can have guys from the colony, but you can't make them look like specific characters that appeared on screen.

We can TALK ABOUT anything that happened(and any char) in canon as much as we want.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • archofwinterarchofwinter Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    STO takes place I think 30 years after Nemesis, so just say everyone retired.
  • ajstonerajstoner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You are talking about very obscure characters to begin with and it's damn near impossible to recreate an actual person with the character maker anyway so I really wouldn't even worry about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It is also permissible to show log entries or "audio recordings" from a canon character, but the safest way to do this and not run afoul of the EULA is to make the costume for that dialogue a console, not anything even close to a person's likeness.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • nxclass13nxclass13 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Thank you everyone for the advice and comments. I hope to make a trailer for it (cause I cant stop playing with FRAPS ...I know I know I'll go blind) If I do I will post it here for you all.

Thanks again