test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Time to increase consumable item stack size...

picardtheiiipicardtheiii Member Posts: 151 Arc User
The 20 item stack limit on hypo or battery is asinine.

Especially now that we have to purchase 45 hypo to donate to projects etc...

It is also a pain to always be dragging consumables from inventory to usable slots. You can refill cobsumables between any fights so it is not as if the 20 limits the amount you can use unless you are in a continual 40 minute battle... all it does is add to the clickfest which is the last thing we need :rolleyes:

And yes I have greatly upgraded inventory space so this has nothing to do with running out of inventory space... its just ANNOYING!!!

Devs please fix this in the next patch and raise the limit to 99... it really can't be that hard... unless you just enjoy torturing your customers... (the only reason to keep the silly 20 limit).
Post edited by picardtheiii on

Comments

• Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    /voteyes

/10char

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Mentioned before and most people would agree with this especially with reputation projects. Not sure why the devs thought the 20 item stack limit was a good idea.
  • Options
    dabeastiedabeastie Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What desperately needs fixing is the assignments taking the hypos and batteries out of my device slots before the inventory... drives me nuts!
  • Options
    smagatonsmagaton Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Amen to that and can they also up the data samples/particle traces to 999, that would free up even more space:D
  • Options
    th3xr34p3rth3xr34p3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Agreed,

we need the following Q.O.L inventory/UI fixes (summed up from mine and everyone's needs):

• Stack limit on ALL consumables to be 250 (purchase be 100 across the board aswell, not just commodities but consumables aswell, equipment obviously stays at 1 per sale)
    • Lock-down of consumable device and gen slots fixes: add to tray once, lock and never be moved from selected slot unless unlocked and manually moved; also have the projects that require those slotted prioritize in bag before on belt (its been added but not working) and if taken from belt does not randomise tray position when re-equipped or let us set defualt items for those belt slots and grey out the icon on the tray when we have none left so that the tray slot is always visible untill we choose to remove it.
    • Let us keybind the injury screen so I don't have to go: status > damage > select ship/pc/boff > clear injuries > select amount > ok or open inventory > double click fix > select ship/pc/boff > clear injuries > select amount > ok; e.g. /bind key ui_player_injury => key to open window > opens to currently selected ship/pc/boff > clear all > key to close window
    [SIGPIC]Click to visit Subspace-Radio[/SIGPIC]
    Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
    The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
  • Options
    luxchristianluxchristian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The 20 item stack limit on hypo or battery is asinine.

Especially now that we have to purchase 45 hypo to donate to projects etc...

It is also a pain to always be dragging consumables from inventory to usable slots. You can refill cobsumables between any fights so it is not as if the 20 limits the amount you can use unless you are in a continual 40 minute battle... all it does is add to the clickfest which is the last thing we need :rolleyes:

And yes I have greatly upgraded inventory space so this has nothing to do with running out of inventory space... its just ANNOYING!!!

Devs please fix this in the next patch and raise the limit to 99... it really can't be that hard... unless you just enjoy torturing your customers... (the only reason to keep the silly 20 limit).

Please Cryptic, increase the stack limit! That was really annoying with the projects for the rep system.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm not at all bothered by stack sizes.

But the purchase limit is annoying. Why can't I just type the amount of items I want to buy instead of clicking and dragging sliders 100 at a time? Starbase projects require commodities by the thousands, buying them 100 at a time is almost as bad as the data sample inputs in the beginning when they had to be put in one by one.

And yes, the projects should never take items that are equipped on a character.
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I add to this as well.

The limit increase for data samples, particle traces and commodities is perfect. the consumables need some attention. When rep projects require 45 or 55 items (hypos or regens) it gets a little cumbersome to have 10 to 20 slots in you inventory or bank account filled up with these.
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    warpangel wrote: »
    I'm not at all bothered by stack sizes.

But the purchase limit is annoying. Why can't I just type the amount of items I want to buy instead of clicking and dragging sliders 100 at a time? Starbase projects require commodities by the thousands, buying them 100 at a time is almost as bad as the data sample inputs in the beginning when they had to be put in one by one.

And yes, the projects should never take items that are equipped on a character.

^^^ 100% agree with this ^^^

Even Reputation projects require amounts larger than the stack size of any given item, yet the purchase limit is even less than the stack size in some cases.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I would like to see the stack size changed to 999 for everything. That would open up a lot of space. I would also like to see the BOffs taking on some of the ground non-combat pets as well.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    alarcontealarconte Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Agreed.

Let's see if Cryptic see a way to allow this without thinking that they will lose money in inventory slot selling...
  • Options
    ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    alarconte wrote: »
    Agreed.

Let's see if Cryptic see a way to allow this without thinking that they will lose money in inventory slot selling...

actually, I dont think anyone could moan about this being a C-Store unlock feature for 500 Zen (or a reasonable price, not some stupidly high price)

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    ferdzso0 wrote: »
    actually, I dont think anyone could moan about this being a C-Store unlock feature for 500 Zen (or a reasonable price, not some stupidly high price)

For a c store unlock I would need every single item to stack to 999 - account wide. Including the ability to put a 999 stack in my ships device slot so I dont have to refill. 500 zen max. Maybe 350.

The 99 stack should be provided free. 20 is just stupid.
  • Options
    hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Increasing stack size would be nice, but I'm pretty diligent about inventory maintenance anyway. But if you want me to contribute 5,000 widgets for a fleet project, FOR THE LOVE OF CROM, LET ME BUY 5,000 IN A SINGLE TRANSACTION!

No excuse for this. There is absolutely no reason why the replicator UI was not updated to deal with fleet base contributions. It's probably just one of those things where it was a mad rush to slam in some patch, and a UI upgrade neither adds microtransactions nor dilithium sinks to the game. :mad:
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • Options
    oldkirkfanoldkirkfan Member Posts: 1,263 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    hanover2 wrote: »
    Increasing stack size would be nice, but I'm pretty diligent about inventory maintenance anyway. But if you want me to contribute 5,000 widgets for a fleet project, FOR THE LOVE OF CROM, LET ME BUY 5,000 IN A SINGLE TRANSACTION!

No excuse for this. There is absolutely no reason why the replicator UI was not updated to deal with fleet base contributions. It's probably just one of those things where it was a mad rush to slam in some patch, and a UI upgrade neither adds microtransactions nor dilithium sinks to the game. :mad:

^^ This. It's annoying having to buy in small stacks. But, as mentioned above, if Cryptic DID raise the stack limit, there would be less need for us to buy extra inventory slots.
    Originally Posted by ferdzso0

actually, I don't think anyone could moan about this being a C-Store unlock feature for 500 Zen (or a reasonable price, not some stupidly high price)

I'd pay 1000 just to clear out my inventory. Some of my data samples are growing to 3 stacks. This is after selling 5 stacks of different samples, cheap.
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    hanover2 wrote: »
    ...if you want me to contribute 5,000 widgets for a fleet project, FOR THE LOVE OF CROM, LET ME BUY 5,000 IN A SINGLE TRANSACTION!...
    /Signed for over 9,000!!!

I agree with the OP, too. Increasing Stack Size would be great too, add to it the above ability to purchase in larger quantities, and we're golden. I'd love to be able to start a new character, step up to the vendor and buy a whole Rep Sys worth of material in one transaction per item (assuming I have the available inventory space and EC, of couse).
    th3xr34p3r wrote: »
    Agreed,

we need the following Q.O.L inventory/UI fixes (summed up from mine and everyone's needs):

• Stack limit on ALL consumables to be 250 (purchase be 100 across the board aswell, not just commodities but consumables aswell, equipment obviously stays at 1 per sale)
    • Lock-down of consumable device and gen slots fixes: add to tray once, lock and never be moved from selected slot unless unlocked and manually moved; also have the projects that require those slotted prioritize in bag before on belt (its been added but not working) and if taken from belt does not randomise tray position when re-equipped or let us set defualt items for those belt slots and grey out the icon on the tray when we have none left so that the tray slot is always visible untill we choose to remove it.
    • Let us keybind the injury screen so I don't have to go: status > damage > select ship/pc/boff > clear injuries > select amount > ok or open inventory > double click fix > select ship/pc/boff > clear injuries > select amount > ok; e.g. /bind key ui_player_injury => key to open window > opens to currently selected ship/pc/boff > clear all > key to close window
    All excellent ideas!

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    The good idea fairy just landed on my shoulder actually.

WHAT IF... in the reputation/fleet donation system, there was a button to directly purchase the required replicatable items?

HEAVEN!!!
  • Options
    hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The good idea fairy just landed on my shoulder actually.

WHAT IF... in the reputation/fleet donation system, there was a button to directly purchase the required replicatable items?

HEAVEN!!!

Then it might as well be direct energy credit contributions, which, now that I think about it, would be far less tedious anyway. But it subverts the "repetitive hoop-jumping, grind, and micro-transactions as content" agenda, so no dice.
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • Options
    starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I agree too we all saw you can stack 999 Snowballs so why not Crafting mats and other items. LOL I waste more mouse clicks a day moving Crafing Mats around Please Increase these.