test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Level 4 Diplomacy Bridge Officers

flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
Specifically, the Gorn, Orion and Nausicaan Bridge Officers that can be acquired upon completion of Diplomacy Level 4. I've seen them on the Exchange, so you can imagine my horror (upon reaching level 4) to find out that I couldn't sell mine on the Exchange.

What's with that? Surely they're either bound, or they're not. Currently it seems as though some people can sell them, and others (myself) cannot. This a bug, or am I missing something important here?
attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
Post edited by flash525 on

Comments

• ericsonxxericsonxx Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    How do you even get those? I've got Diplomacy T4, at least in the CXP version, and I've no clue where to find those BOFFs.
  • avarseiravarseir Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You get it from ambassador Jiro sugihara in Quinn's room. Talk to him and a STORE option will be seen once you reach T4 in diplomacy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ericsonxx wrote: »
    How do you even get those? I've got Diplomacy T4, at least in the CXP version, and I've no clue where to find those BOFFs.
    avarseir wrote: »
    You get it from ambassador Jiro sugihara in Quinn's room. Talk to him and a STORE option will be seen once you reach T4 in diplomacy.
    There is your answer ericsonxx.

Does anyone know the answer to my little query though? I'm perplexed by this.
  • weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    flash525 wrote: »

Pretty simple - they used to be unbound but now they're not (like a lot of things in STO) - anyone earning a Diplomacy Boff now can't sell it.
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited January 2013

I'm pretty sure the old Pre....S5?S6? Versions were unbound and could be sold and traded. The new versions since the Doff system can't.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Pretty simple - they used to be unbound but now they're not (like a lot of things in STO) - anyone earning a Diplomacy Boff now can't sell it.
    tobar26th wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the old Pre....S5?S6? Versions were unbound and could be sold and traded. The new versions since the Doff system can't.
    Well that sucks. The only reason I concentrated on Diplomacy was to acquire one of these unique Boffs to then sell it on the Exchange for a couple of million.

I have no use for an Orion Tactical Officer dressed in a Klingon attire. I've since read the DS9 Voting System is broken too? :rolleyes: Cryptic sure need to get a grip where their bugs are concerned. Seems to be a lot of broken items in this game right now.
  • born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well that sucks. The only reason I concentrated on Diplomacy was to acquire one of these unique Boffs to then sell it on the Exchange for a couple of million.

I have no use for an Orion Tactical Officer dressed in a Klingon attire. I've since read the DS9 Voting System is broken too? :rolleyes: Cryptic sure need to get a grip where their bugs are concerned. Seems to be a lot of broken items in this game right now.

The doff system pretty much completely replaced these boffs - they are no longer needed from my understanding - doffs do all the work now.

This is just a throw back item that is novelty only.
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The doff system pretty much completely replaced these boffs - they are no longer needed from my understanding - doffs do all the work now.

except for people who want orion slave girls on their bridge.
  • tribbleorlfltribbleorlfl Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    My Orion slave, I mean Chief Engineer, looks just fine in her KDF uniform (such as it is). I actually think she's an awesome BOFF for crowd control on ground missions because of her confuse/placate traits and is not just a novelty.
  • weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    My Orion slave, I mean Chief Engineer, looks just fine in her KDF uniform (such as it is). I actually think she's an awesome BOFF for crowd control on ground missions because of her confuse/placate traits and is not just a novelty.

^^^ This - it even creates those wonderful comedy moments such as when my Orion Boff 'seduced' a Tholian - great stuff :D
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    do the diplomacy boff traits, such as human leadership, work as advertised? i have seen conflicting information.
  • stardefence1stardefence1 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    if you **** up and choose them to train your existing officers
    could you earn them back ???
    as you can tell i made a horrible mistake

and really want one of them on my crew
  • therealfluffytherealfluffy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    And I want to trade mine to someone for 50M EC.
    Then reclaim another and trade it again.
    Then reclaim another and trade it again...
    ;)

Holy necro Batman, btw...
  • groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I was wondering the same thing stardefense1, I foolishly chose a klingon boff when I hit Tier IV diplomacy. I would love to somehow get rid of him and claim a Nausican instead. Is this possible?
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited August 2014

I have no use for an Orion Tactical Officer dressed in a Klingon attire.

Should have got a Nausicaan for the pirate trait.
    edited August 2014
    And I want to trade mine to someone for 50M EC.
    Then reclaim another and trade it again.
    Then reclaim another and trade it again...
    ;)

Holy necro Batman, btw...

Call me stupid but can you trade it if so il give you 50m
    Straight away

Let me no ?
    Many thanks for getting back to me
  • ridddickxxxridddickxxx Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well i do have 6 t4 diplomacy boffs.
    On one character.

Make me an offer i cant refuse :P
    2nhfgxf.jpg
    edited August 2014
    Well i do have 6 t4 diplomacy boffs.
    On one character.

Make me an offer i cant refuse :P

Hiya well I'll take two if you can spare them

Naursican & Klingon

100m energy credits
    Or do you want to be paid by PayPal ?

Let me no
    And thank you for getting back to me
    edited August 2014
    Hiya well I'll take two if you can spare them

Naursican & Klingon

100m energy credits
    Or do you want to be paid by PayPal ?

Let me no
    And thank you for getting back to me

Ps il take a gorn if you have one as well ?
    edited August 2014
    Dont have klingon,
    have gorn and nausican.

120M for both in package.

edit: no real world money, just EC :)
    2nhfgxf.jpg
  • hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have 5 characters level 4 diplomatic, 4 fed,1 KDF. I've haven't claimed any of mine. What do they sell for. I could give a Klingon a complete set of fed away team memabers , if thats your thing. Look me up. @hyefather
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Call me stupid but can you trade it if so il give you 50m
    Straight away

Let me no ?
    Many thanks for getting back to me

I have an old school diplomacy engineer orion if your interested. Should be tradable...
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
    edited August 2014
    Dont have klingon,
    have gorn and nausican.

120M for both in package.

hiya you have a deal
    120m
    for both

just making sure you can just send these doffs to me in game to my charater ?

i will have to do this tommrow evening if thats cool for you as im off to work tonight

if you can just confirm to me thats fine
    many thanks

ps wile im asking do you have the tr rifle for sale ? mkx11 ultra rare dmgx2 ?
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    hyefather wrote: »
    I have 5 characters level 4 diplomatic, 4 fed,1 KDF. I've haven't claimed any of mine. What do they sell for. I could give a Klingon a complete set of fed away team memabers , if thats your thing. Look me up. @hyefather

Your limited to one diplo boff per toon
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
    edited August 2014
    hiya you have a deal
    120m
    for both

just making sure you can just send these doffs to me in game to my charater ?

i will have to do this tommrow evening if thats cool for you as im off to work tonight

if you can just confirm to me thats fine
    many thanks

ps wile im asking do you have the tr rifle for sale ? mkx11 ultra rare dmgx2 ?

Sure, they are VR purple boffs, i have them now, dont worry.
    Yes,i might take the TR, we shall se tomorrow.
    @ridddickxxx is the handle
    Will be online in about 19 hours (cant calculate your time zone, since i am middle europe,so tomorrow evening in my time)
    2nhfgxf.jpg
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Braiiiinnnnnssssss...

(Thread dates back to January 2013.)
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    edited August 2014
    We need to rename the thread to "Slave Market" :P
    2nhfgxf.jpg
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,862 Arc User
    edited August 2014

I don't know...do the Nausicaan boffs have Pirate? I'd say a 1.5% damage boost isn't useless.
  • crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I've since read the DS9 Voting System is broken too? :rolleyes: Cryptic sure need to get a grip where their bugs are concerned. Seems to be a lot of broken items in this game right now.

You aren't missing anything. You were allowed to vote for which ambassador showed up every so often - to give stuff to other people. That doesn't play out very well for the F2P folks.
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    On KDF side, the Marauding officer still very much worth getting. Seeing as how Efficient is not very useful anymore, Nausicaans are the only other KDF species with any space traits. You might as well take the opportunity to give your KDF character a pet Human. The only problem is that Humans are weak, and we all know the weak will perish. :rolleyes:
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.