test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are you a target captain?

lastcontactlastcontact Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I am not.

A target captain is one for whom determines what goes on the hook, and rightfully so.
Marketing and sales 101.

Yet there is an overlooked fishing hole which the pro-anglers think much too small pond to hold worthy catch.

I don't like Wal-mart, talking to a computer instead of a person nor do I think gallop polls represent what I think.

There is in this perceived small pond many like me who will/does pay for quality, who dislikes the taste of the spoon which would try to deliver us that which is not agreeable to us.

The poll (in days)

1. What is the length of your STO Captain Career? (in days)

2. How many of those day could be considered as you being dedicated?

3. How long do you realistically expect to be a STO Captain?

In days

my data

1= 1060+ days
2 = 900-1000 days
3 = lifetime account......???

The target captain.......

Appx. 225-275 days
Post edited by lastcontact on

Comments

• eulifdaviseulifdavis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I think it's trying to communicate, but the universal translator is having trouble with its language. :confused:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pokersmith1pokersmith1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    My translator picked up a lot of static and gibberish, but there were two words that I can more of less confirm. Target, captain.

I think it is going to assassinate a ship captain somewhere. :eek:
    Elite Defense Starfleet
    Elite Defense Stovokor
  • born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It's pretty clear to me the answer is:

"darmok and jalad at tanagra"
  • sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It's pretty clear to me the answer is:

"darmok and jalad at tanagra"

I thought "Kadir beneath Mo Moteh" would have been more appropriate.
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Their target is clearly something much longer than that. Take a look at the fleet system: A realistic estimate for an average fleet (considering how few have reached tier 4 and how far the top few are from tier 5, even as we reach that 7 month minimum) is along the lines of how long you've played... And it's connected to an arbitrarily extendable system, which by the end of this year will probably have three other side projects drawing from the same resource pool to slow it down.

And this is where we come for in those polls you don't think speak for you. If you or people like you are included in those polls, they speak for you. And if you still feel like you're a big fish in a small pond, remember it costs just as much to fish in the lake as the pond. The lake is just full of big fish, thousands of bass and pike and walleye catch and keep no limit. Your pond is full of guppies with the 22 foot Arapaima that everyone swears to God is in there but nobody's actually landed yet.
  • buzzoutbuzzout Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The answer is an obvious...no. Unless it's yes.
  • theroyalfamilytheroyalfamily Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    1. I started about a week after F2P, I guess, just before the 2nd Anniversary. So whatever that is.
    2. Uh...did about three months gold, then stopped playing after I finished all the episodes on one of my toons. Then came back in October I suppose, after I started going back to the TrekBBS and learned they had a fleet, and some of the cool stuff a starbase was supposed to be.
    3. As long as the game stays interesting. My main reason for staying past a couple weeks was the doff system, which got a serious, and unfun, nerf in S7. I was going to move on after that fiasco, but then FREE GOOD SHIP. And I've been having some fun because of that, so yah.
    hevach wrote: »
    (considering how few have reached tier 4 and how far the top few are from tier 5, even as we reach that 7 month minimum)

It hasn't even been six months yet: S6 was July 12.
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The mathematical minimum is February 24. The first tier 4 fleet claimed on the boards was more than two weeks behind the mathematical ideal for tier 4, and the most advanced claimed on the boards recently was 84 days away from max, at the mathematical minimum.
  • pokersmith1pokersmith1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    hevach wrote: »
    The mathematical minimum is February 24. The first tier 4 fleet claimed on the boards was more than two weeks behind the mathematical ideal for tier 4, and the most advanced claimed on the boards recently was 84 days away from max, at the mathematical minimum.

What exactly is the mathematical minimum? I would like to know since one of my fleets recently hit tier-4. I would like to know by how much we lagged behind, and realistically what is the earliest possible date for us to reach t-5. Thanks! :cool:
    Elite Defense Starfleet
    Elite Defense Stovokor
  • rustiswordzrustiswordz Member Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Deleted reply, not needed.
    Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo... :D
  • momawmomaw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I... think this post is something to do with how the game's marketing and development is aimed at players of a specific play time?

This is pretty much what happens when you start from idiom-laden Japanese and make a few passes through Google Translate.