test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Omega missions

purlenutsackpurlenutsack Member Posts: 63 Arc User
edited January 2013 in The Academy
So I've reached VA and now my reputations tag works. I made some omega marks during the daily Borg invasion of Pi Canus, but I can't seem to find any other missions (or anything in the pvp queues) about Omega. How do I get to the missions where I gain access to the borg technology? I feel like I must be missing something rather obvious.
Post edited by purlenutsack on

Comments

• Options
    bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited January 2013
    So I've reached VA and now my reputations tag works. I made some omega marks during the daily Borg invasion of Pi Canus, but I can't seem to find any other missions (or anything in the pvp queues) about Omega. How do I get to the missions where I gain access to the borg technology? I feel like I must be missing something rather obvious.

Special Task Force missions (STFs). I don't think PvP gives any marks (fleet maybe?). The STF missions are in the PvE que. But, it would be infinitely easier if you joined one of the chat channels and do them with pre-made teams- or fleetmates if you're in one.
  • Options
    purlenutsackpurlenutsack Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    My bad, I meant PvE. All I see in my PvE queue are the normal arena, defense, etc. There's nothing different in my queue. How do I go about getting to the chat channels? Sorry, I know I'm showing my n00bness.
  • Options
    gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    My bad, I meant PvE. All I see in my PvE queue are the normal arena, defense, etc. There's nothing different in my queue. How do I go about getting to the chat channels? Sorry, I know I'm showing my n00bness.

They changed the names of the STF's, and I do not remember the new STF names. However, just off the top of my head, look for STF's with Khitomer, Infected and Cure in the title.
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Infected: The Conduit (Elite) gives 60 to 130 Omega Marks, can't fail, and seems to be the easiest of the other elite space STFs. It usually takes between 15 to 20 minutes as long as you don't destroy a generator too early. If you are into ground combat, then I think the Khitomer Accord one is the easiest one.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Also you can sort the Queue by the type of reward. Gear/Dil will be one group, then fleet marks, then romulan marks and then omega marks. This clumps all of them together for you to see easily.
  • Options
    madblooddollmadblooddoll Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    too bad you can't also sort out the people who will boss everyone around, insult, threaten and make fun of anyone who doesn't do as well as them and all that sad revolting stuff that totally destroys the mood to even play cryptic's game.
  • Options
    gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    too bad you can't also sort out the people who will boss everyone around, insult, threaten and make fun of anyone who doesn't do as well as them and all that sad revolting stuff that totally destroys the mood to even play cryptic's game.

People should not make fun of, threaten or insult other players in STF's. If you are in an STF you should listen to the squad/team leader. You can make suggestions in a PUG but listen to what the squad leader is telling you to do. Try to divorce their tone from their message if needed.
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • Options
    sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I too concur that with good communication, a 15~20 minute run of ISE would net you enough OMs to last for three~four pairs* reputation projects. You don't need to be fully decked out in Purple Mk XII gear.

*The 800 and the 2000 Omega expertise projects.
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.