test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Quick question... timing of damage buffs.

picardtheiiipicardtheiii Member Posts: 151 Arc User
Do damage buffs (say Alpha Strike) buff torpedoes when they are fired or when they strike the target?

Two examples to pose my question:

If I activate alpha strike while a torpedo is in mid flight will it gain the buff?
If alpha strike expires while a torpedo is in flight does it lose the buff?

Thanks.
Post edited by picardtheiii on

Comments

• Options
    thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Do damage buffs (say Alpha Strike) buff torpedoes when they are fired or when they strike the target?

Two examples to pose my question:

If I activate alpha strike while a torpedo is in mid flight will it gain the buff?
    If alpha strike expires while a torpedo is in flight does it lose the buff?

Thanks.

To the best of my meager knowledge, everything is set when the weapon or ability is triggered. In other words, anything that has an effect has its status checked at that time and that time only.

But Iv'e been wrong before. You could always just go fire a torpedo and come back and tell us all for sure.
  • Options
    p2wsucksp2wsucks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    thissler wrote: »
    To the best of my meager knowledge, everything is set when the weapon or ability is triggered. In other words, anything that has an effect has its status checked at that time and that time only.

But Iv'e been wrong before. You could always just go fire a torpedo and come back and tell us all for sure.

Iirc, the hit or miss is determined when fired, as is the damage buffs.

But, the damage applied is determined when target is hit to take into account resists and shield level etc.

So, if a player launched Torps, then APA, and then 3 part omega as long as the grav anchor (a projectile itself) hits before the torps do than the debuff is calculated in terms of resists but the APA boost would not be since it was activated after.

As you know, but others may not it's why movement/defense debuffs should be applied to a target before firing on that target.
    [Zone] Dack@****: cowards can't take a fed 1 on 1 crinckley cowards Hahahaha you smell like flowers
    Random Quote from Kerrat
    "Sumlobus@****: your mums eat Iced Targ Poo"
    C&H Fed banter
  • Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    To my knowledge, I have found that oddly enough, with things like APB, the debuff is applied twice. First when the torp fires, then again upon hit. As for things like APO3 and APA3, I think it's as long as they are still active upon firing, they will stay with them even after they run out.

But it's best if tested.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)