test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

There's no reason to complete the storyline missions now.

peter1z9peter1z9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Now that the Assimilated Module has been removed from the mission rewards, I no longer see the need to play through any of the storyline missions once I hit level 50.

I would like at least some incentive to play the final missions, other than regular old items I could just get off the exchange. What I would really like to see is the mk XI Borg set added to the mission rewards for the Undine Series. Either that or some new unique items that can only be obtained from those missions. Even a liberated Borg boff would be better than nothing (yes, I know you can get one through the STF achievement but I would rather get it this way so the final missions at least have some unique reward).

Even a little dilithium would give me a reason to play the final missions. As it stands now, the end missions are just a waste of time. Why bother with them now?
"Our Bugs are working as intended" - Cryptic
Post edited by peter1z9 on

Comments

• momawmomaw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Personally I'm a proponent of giving dil for episode runs. Though: it would have to be ones selected by Cryptic or randomly picked, to prevent people just running the really simple ones over and over.

It would also be cool if they gave fleet marks if you run the missions with a team composed of fleet members.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If you need a reward to run decent story content, then chances are you will miss out on the story. A good story is its own reward and the rewards are just the icing on the cake.
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Make each storyline mission give 100 fleet marks for the initial run (non-repeatable reward) and I'd actually care to level up my alts that way.

yeah something like that...maybe even choose between FM, RM, OM.

storymode has beendead for me long before season 7...just a joke that you hit max lvl before you do any romulan mission.
    Go pro or go home
  • sniper1187sniper1187 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I made a klingon, going thru the episodes, Boldly They Rode bugs out, I finished the episode, the rewards are not showing at all. the hail the Enterprise and then the Dominion ships control table is flashing fine, but the Captain for DS9 is useless, I'm in it with guildmates, they got the rewards. I send a GM request in, 4 days later they respond to drop the episode and restart it, I do, one of my guildmates goes thru it with me, it bugs again, we do it 2 more times, same result.
    "Nuke the entire site from orbit--it's the only way to be sure"
  • natejam101natejam101 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I came to STO from Star Wars the old republic and im considering going back over there now that they are F2P. I enjoy story and combat and it seems that the story episodes here are on the boring side, they are not adding anything new and they are taking rewards away and placing them into this reputation system that already sucks as it is..

If they reverted back to season 6 I may consider staying, but as long as this reputation system lives , im done.. I dont need any more time/resource gates...thanks
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    natejam101 wrote: »
    ... If they reverted back to season 6 ...

I have three letters that express my distaste with what I quoted from your statement.

IGE.

Also, I have noticed something. Everything that they gave us with S7, you have just bashed outright. What's your problem? We get a free ship that's actually quite powerful and performs well, and all you have to say is that it's trash. You refuse to even acknowledge any of it's strengths, only going after it's weaknesses. They give us a guaranteed way of getting STF items (albeit a little more costly), and all you do is attack it. Major issues here.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • admgreeradmgreer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I think season 7 was pretty fun even though Im finished now. Tier 5 on both and I have purchased everything from both store's. I find it was over too fast. now I have nothing to do. The Romulan and Reman sets are excatly the same, no need to buy both. But on the orginal posters topic, I agree. I leveled up 2 other toons to 50 without doing one story mission. There was no need. Doffing and sector patrols and red alerts and I was there in a week. No incentive to replay the missions.
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    No incentive to replay?!

You can get the latest lock box as a reward! The latest one! What is that compared to some trifle like fleet credit or dilithium? The joy of buying a key is reward in itself.
    <3
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    momaw wrote: »
    Personally I'm a proponent of giving dil for episode runs. Though: it would have to be ones selected by Cryptic or randomly picked, to prevent people just running the really simple ones over and over.

It would also be cool if they gave fleet marks if you run the missions with a team composed of fleet members.

Dilithium and Marks would be nice.

100 Dilithium and 10 Marks for the associated faction.

This would really only currently work for the Borg and Romulan/Reman missions right now though.
  • blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I almost think they should throw us a bone, and at the end of assimilation give us a small-ish lower tier 5 borg or undine ship (randomly, or tie it into the rep store. Something like a probe. A generic borg or undine ship that would be better for the role player types.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I came to STO from Star Wars the old republic and im considering going back over there now that they are F2P. I enjoy story and combat and it seems that the story episodes here are on the boring side, they are not adding anything new and they are taking rewards away and placing them into this reputation system that already sucks as it is..

If they reverted back to season 6 I may consider staying, but as long as this reputation system lives , im done.. I dont need any more time/resource gates...thanks

Obvious troll is Obvious. :rolleyes:

As bad as the reputation system is, it's heluva lot better than the old ways. ;)
  • balinikusbalinikus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Undine featured episodes with an anti-psychic ground set? Sounds like it's time to wrap up the Undine arc once and for all (either make them friends or tell them to f-off to make way for the Iconians).

Drink one shot for ever time someone complains about realism in Star Trek.
    Drink two shots if they don't know what "fiction" is.
  • naharikajalnaharikajal Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    A good story is its own reward and the rewards are just the icing on the cake.

I totally agree.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    peter1z9 wrote: »
    Now that the Assimilated Module has been removed from the mission rewards, I no longer see the need to play through any of the storyline missions once I hit level 50.

I would like at least some incentive to play the final missions, other than regular old items I could just get off the exchange. What I would really like to see is the mk XI Borg set added to the mission rewards for the Undine Series. Either that or some new unique items that can only be obtained from those missions. Even a liberated Borg boff would be better than nothing (yes, I know you can get one through the STF achievement but I would rather get it this way so the final missions at least have some unique reward).

Even a little dilithium would give me a reason to play the final missions. As it stands now, the end missions are just a waste of time. Why bother with them now?

The AM is still a reward for the first undine mission on rerun. Got it with my kingon toon that way. Haven't tested, but probably 1 time only.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • peter1z9peter1z9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    That's because they constantly overlook the Klingon faction, only this time it happened to be in a good way. It is no longer available as a mission reward for new Federation toons.
    "Our Bugs are working as intended" - Cryptic
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    peter1z9 wrote: »
    That's because they constantly overlook the Klingon faction, only this time it happened to be in a good way. It is no longer available as a mission reward for new Federation toons.

So what? You can still get it. If your complaint is that it's not free now, then Q.Q go cry in a corner.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,863 Arc User
    edited January 2013

First off its reward, the only thing they took away is the Assimilated Console. People go on about how this rep system sucks or they dislike it ect...well guess what? All MMOs are like that, and this system is better than the old one...at least you know your gonna get something...not that hope and pray and 100 STFs later and still no item.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Honestly.... I lost the tiny incentive I had to play story missions when Doffs and the "Skip" button were added. most of the time I play a mission for the rewards only.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • r0bier0bie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Perhaps using some form of incentive to actually acquire the best loot in the game.

A reputation system is great for your Average player. The elite players, however should be able to obtain items of great value/stats.

I really don't see why this game doesn't have instances whereas you can obtain gear through a "dungeon" type scenario with lot from 3-4 bosses throughout the instance, the reputation system is great for casual players, but doesn't really achieve a sense of accomplishment!
  • rustiswordzrustiswordz Member Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Actually story missons are vital for building up sufficient XP to use for Omega/ Romulan reputation. On several toons all i did was do was SB24 and Mirror invasions. and now i've been left with toons without enough xp for the rep system. You may not like stories but they are now vital to gain xp for later usage.
    Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo... :D
    edited January 2013
    Actually story missons are vital for building up sufficient XP to use for Omega/ Romulan reputation. On several toons all i did was do was SB24 and Mirror invasions. and now i've been left with toons without enough xp for the rep system. You may not like stories but they are now vital to gain xp for later usage.
    Really? I get a constant flood of it from doff missions. Some of my chars have over 3 million expertise waiting to be used..
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • shookyangshookyang Member Posts: 1,122
    edited January 2013
    I didn't play through most of the single player missions pre-Season 7 anyways.

I just skipped all of the missions I could, so I could get the stuff I want at any time.
  • rustiswordzrustiswordz Member Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Really? I get a constant flood of it from doff missions. Some of my chars have over 3 million expertise waiting to be used..

Well if you can get it from doffs thats OK but I don't do doffs, not my thing. I prefer doing it myself than some cooldown timer waiting to see if the computer decides if you completed the task or not! ;)
    Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo... :D
    edited January 2013
    Well if you can get it from doffs thats OK but I don't do doffs, not my thing. I prefer doing it myself than some cooldown timer waiting to see if the computer decides if you completed the task or not! ;)
    That's unfortunate, you can get a lot of gear from it too.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • captiandata1captiandata1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    how about all replay mission offer some refined dilithium would make replaying mission funner
  • sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    there is still a need if they hit the reset on you why they are doing rerun
  • sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i would rather have energy credits for regular missions then the ones closer the end of story how about lobi or lock box keys
  • defiant8472defiant8472 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Somehow i am getting MK IX - X rewards on Undine missions... My character got max level few months ago... For example Assimilation and The Return offers MK IX, Fluid Dynamics MK X rewards... Why not typical MK XI as for max level ? Same if to try replay.

EDIT: This thread has been closed due to being a "necro" thread. Remember, if a thread has not been posted to in over 30 days, please start a new thread to discuss a topic :) Thanks! ~BranFlakes
This discussion has been closed.