test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How is Energy Siphon for PvE?

igorvalentineigorvalentine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Hi all! How is energy siphon for pve? I was thinking of making a power drain build. Are power drains good for pve?

Edit: I should note that I am a Sci Captain in a Sci Vessel
Post edited by igorvalentine on

Comments

• baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    good is relative...a cube won't harm you much anymore if you drain 70% of his weapon power and shield power...but his HY torp is still dangerous. the surplus power allways helps you in return. another problem i see is, that appart from stfs there are hardly any enemies that live long enough to see the end of a siphon.

definately better suited for PVP, but far from useless in PVE, just that there are not many opportunities to use them appart from stfs.
    Go pro or go home
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Drain builds in PvE are amazingly amusing. And they work very very VERY well. ES + tykens rift = hilarity. Can make an NPC more like a little kitten.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Great way to raise your power levels up. If it reduces the enemy's weapons damage I haven't noticed a drop significant enough to matter. They still have ridiculous amounts of hit points regardless.
    <3
  • igorvalentineigorvalentine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Drain builds in PvE are amazingly amusing. And they work very very VERY well. ES + tykens rift = hilarity. Can make an NPC more like a little kitten.

Thanks. Would that be ES3 + Tykens 1 or ES2 + Tykens 2/3?
  • intrepid74656intrepid74656 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Try running a full polaron build with the Jem'Hadar set. Next to the 7.6% extra dmg the 3rd bonus also is a shield killer. Try running GW3 and Vent Theta Radiation with that and watch those NPC suffer :p
    In order: Gravity Well 3 -> Anti Proton Sweep (3rd bonus) -> Evasive Maneuvers -> Vent Theta Radiation -> Torp spread 2.
    I do this in an Intrepid and it works pretty good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Thanks. Would that be ES3 + Tykens 1 or ES2 + Tykens 2/3?

Yes to all of the above.

Also put in polaron weapons for added drain.

Current setup on a FRSV:

5x Dominion BAs (too cheap to get real polaron weapons :P), 1x Chroniton Torpedo (I love my CC)

Cmdr Sci: HE1, TB2, ES2, ES3
    LtCmdr Sci: HE1, TSS2, TR2

Would put more sci feel into it, but atm it's my sci officers for my odyssey, so I just threw it together with a MURSV as a troll-boat. Turns out I got trolled by my own ship when it turned out to be incredibly effective, and as a result, was upgraded to a FRSV. Whadya know XD.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)