test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet Best Practices?

ussfuryussfury Member Posts: 142 Arc User
As a member or even officer/leader of a fleet, what do you feel works and what does not? How do you handle promotions, bank access, and general fleet drama?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Promotions should be based on contribution (time not money)
    and Rank

Thus characters at rank Lt should be LT
    and characters at capt should be capt
    Live long and Prosper
  • ussfuryussfury Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Time in the fleet, or time played?

For example, if the rank of captain in the fleet grants unlimited fleet bank access (or quite a bit of bank access) and a band new fleet member joins who is a Captain rank in game, should they be Captain in the fleet and gain that level of bank access?
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Bank access is a tricky thing

For example in one fleet im aware of (not a member of) any member can withdraw or deposit EC and samples
    but only the lowest three ranks can draw from the armoury

And i ment time in fleet
    Live long and Prosper
  • vinru821vinru821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well this is how I do it

Usually somewhere around 7-8 ranks ( I will use generic ranks )

1 Crewman - No access to anything, can contribute
    2 Ensign - Only after being active for 2 weeks, and contributing over 20K
    3 Lieutenant - Active 3 weeks, over 40k contributions total - Bank access begins
    4 Lt. Cmdr - Active 4 weeks, over 65k contributions total - Officer chat enabled - Bank access increased
    5 Commander - Active 6 weeks, over 125k Contributions total
    6 Captain - Stay active, over 250k contributions
    7 Admiral - Active, over 400k contributions - Hey you want to be a big shot? Donate BIG
    8 Rear Admiral - You, the leader, head honcho, big cheese. Do what you want when you want.

I like a rank for Provisions, and if you are a big fleet you can delegate this task to two trusted fleeties.

I put the time and contributions in as critria because unless someone specifically tells you, ill be gone so and so many days, then how dependable are they really? I would only boot if inactive for quite some time.

Drama? Depends on what it is, if you feel the person/s starting the drama will continue, boot em. Always better to get rid of the drama queens than keeping them and making your fleet look bad.

Obviously you can tweak and change, but I think this is a decent enough starting point, and yes, it does take some work. Keeping track of who did what and who came when, but it is doable if you have the desire.
    :eek:
  • ussfuryussfury Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Not a bad system. I've not considered active time or contributions, but that is primarily how I handle bank access. But at rank 2 they can at least make 1 withdraw a day increasing number of withdraws with rank increases. I think even a bank tab that is open access might be fine, with lower level items or white items people can test drive.

Hmm. Good ideas here.