test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Challenger Movie DVD @ Walmart

voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Ten Forward
For anyone old enough to remember watching the shuttle launches, the tragedy of the Challenger explosion is something that you can never forget. Think what you'd like, but even today all these years later the words "Throttle up" still bring tears to my eyes, and one of the least emotional people you'll ever meet. I'm sure there are plenty of others that are the same way, especially those of us that were so captivated by the space shuttle as kids.
In 1989 they made a movie about not just the Challenger explosion, but it also depicted what the astronauts themselves were like. I went to Walmart yesterday and near the electronics department there was a cardboard display with DVD movies in it for 96 cents each. I just wanted to let anyone interested know that the Challenger movie is in that display. They are just DVDs in plastic and cardboard packaging, but you can clearly see the title of the movie.
One of the most important things that movie taught me was exactly what had caused the explosion and while not dumbing it down, it was very easy for a kid to understand. I always wanted to be an Astronaut, and as tragic as the movie was and the reason for making it, it also gave us a very real look at people most of us admired and dreamed to one day be.
Even if you're not old enough to remember Challenger I still highly recommend you buy the movie.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]