test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why wont they fix the music?

betawatcherbetawatcher Member Posts: 2 Arc User
It feels so incredibly lame playing missions in silence until you fight something. Music always worked fine until recently. Why wont they fix this?
Post edited by betawatcher on

Comments

• bootybootsbootyboots Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It would be nice to be able to add in audio triggers, a la "bonny-kin, bonny-kin"
    House of Sigma (channel KDFdefera for PvE requiring only KDF teams) List of KDF issues [my in-game handle @bootymcboots] (channel KDF Empire for KDF orientated discussion - still in development/growing)
  • betawatcherbetawatcher Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    bootyboots wrote: »
    It would be nice to be able to add in audio triggers, a la "bonny-kin, bonny-kin"

Yes that would be cool, but its not what I'm talking about. They need to get the regular music working before even thinking about adding features like you just mentioned.
    edited February 2013
    Are they EVER going to fix this?
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited February 2013
    It might be helpful to state precisely what the problem is. We've got a good QA guy now, but he needs as much data as possible.

So, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the issue is that no music plays on Foundry maps prior to engaging in combat for the first time. Honestly I play with my sound generally pretty low and don't pay attention to the music much, but I have heard people talk about this before.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This bug actually made playing ajstoner's "The Far Wanderer" a lot funner. Exploring that alien ship in total silence was super epic.

Still, a fix would be nice.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2013
    There is a fix for this and it's been tested. If it's not live now, it should be on the way. Keep an eye on the patch notes.
    STO QA Team
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    There is a fix for this and it's been tested. If it's not live now, it should be on the way. Keep an eye on the patch notes.

Thanks for the info.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kalanikalani Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Instead of a fix for this I'd rather see an overhaul to the way music works in the foundry so the author can pick what music is being played during noncombat sequences and have that tied to mission objectives so they can change the mood of the mission as they see fit.

I'd also like to see them gain the ability to pick what combat music is played during combat sequences and tie that to enemy groups.

To account for a conflict in music that may come from multiple enemy groups being fought at once with different combat music the last one to join the fight could determine the combat music played.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cerberusfilmscerberusfilms Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    bootyboots wrote: »

This is a feature that we've seen in the Press Beta for Neverwinter foundry.. so.. :D
    Foundry Enthusiast
    Machinima Person
    Did some things back in the day

Now a Games Developer and Researcher
    edited February 2013
    Last edited by pwebranflakes; Today at 02:31 PM.

Does anyone know what crypticfrost said before branflakes edited his post?
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited February 2013
    Does anyone know what crypticfrost said before branflakes edited his post?

He said the same thing that's there now. I fixed some formatting on the post.

EDIT: and now that the issue is fixed on Tribble, /thread :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.