Entourage plead

2»

Comments

• Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I agree to this sentiment.

Please make these pets permanent.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,865 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    avarseir wrote: »
    Not sure where to post this, so feel free to move it to a more appropriate sub-forum. This covers both Fed/KDF so I can't put it in either one of the Fed/KDF gameplay subforum.

Anyway.. this is an appeal to make the Romulan/Reman Entourage a permanent non-combat pet vs the current 4hrs limited time use. As it is now, it is not very appealing to get.

Furthermore, it does not improve and combat stats, so unlikely players will get it repeatedly (unless you're THAT vain).

You made frosted boots permanent item and it was very well received by the community.

Agreed...hope Devs can hear about this postings and thanks for the warning...better save my DIL for other common sense items:P
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I guess being something bought with GPL it's considered to be something similar to the holoemitters which are also consumable and only last for a set amount of time.

You can toggle the holoemitters on and off, though... can you do the same with the entourage?
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    tatyanasergeitatyanasergei Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The cost of the Diplomatic Entourage is high enough that it really does warrant a permanent item. Under what logic can you justify not making these act like a normal non-combat pet?

I really like the item itself. As a pro-Romulan player, I would LOVE to have a pair of intimidating looking diplomatic aides following me around. But I just cannot warrant ever using it since it has such a highly restricted amount of usage.

Branflakes, or anyone at PWE- Can you please tell me why the decision was made to make the entourage items consumable and not a permanent pet? I might feel a little better about this if I knew some actual thought was behind it.
    Centurion Tenir - R.R.W. Taldor
    Legacy of Romulus, Round One Closed Beta Tester
    "The Republic may need to work with Starfleet and the Klingons now, but trust neither of them."
  • Options
    tatyanasergeitatyanasergei Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    bluegeek wrote: »
    You can toggle the holoemitters on and off, though... can you do the same with the entourage?

Yes, you can. Small blessings I guess.
    Centurion Tenir - R.R.W. Taldor
    Legacy of Romulus, Round One Closed Beta Tester
    "The Republic may need to work with Starfleet and the Klingons now, but trust neither of them."
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ruinsfate wrote: »
    Having actually seen one used (Yes, I have), it summons two big gorilla bouncer Remans (haven't seen the rom one), who constantly spout lines like "You have done great things for our people."

I assume the duration was given to prevent people absolutely filling social areas with the damn things.

-edit- If they were to make these permanent, they would need a long cooldown and a duration, similar to the Shard of Possibilities. I would hate to see ESD/DS9 filled with Reman/Romulan bouncers following every single player around.

Be kinda cool to get 10 or 15 players together with these in somebody's TOS Bridge and Hall ways...

Be kinda like reenacting the TOS episode "The Mark of Gideon"

Make a cool Foundry Mission too. :cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    bevrastbevrast Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To be honest, I am a big fan of Romulans and thanks for the expansion. But I too am put off by this entourage. I saw it listed as a vanity item and I grinded quickly just to get it. How disappointed I was to se in the project title when I got tier V that it was consumable.

As some of the others have said. It would be better if you made it more expensive, but permanent. I'd gladly pay 100k + dil for it...
    draco dormiens nunquam titillandus
    CHRIST.png
  • Options
    ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm just glad i came across that topic while being only Tier 3 yet...

Now, i can understand the ressources needed for this project aren't extremely hard to gather, especially considering the relative uselessness of Latinum, but still...

A diplomatic entourage that is a 4 hours consummable? That's a bit disappointing.

Guys, at least make it a permanent vanity item, just like regular pets...
  • Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Branflakes, or anyone at PWE- Can you please tell me why the decision was made to make the entourage items consumable and not a permanent pet? I might feel a little better about this if I knew some actual thought was behind it.
    I too am curious about this, seeing as it also covers the utility drones you can get from the Nukara rep.

Hey hey now!

BAD ZOMBIE BAD GO BACK TO THE GROUND!

Seriously folks, if a thread hasn't been responded to in 30 days please don't bring it back up :( If you feel you need to continue the thread by all means make a new one! :)

/Closed ~Askray
This discussion has been closed.