test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Several Major Complaints

prestonpoolprestonpool Member Posts: 0 Arc User
First complaint is the amount of dilithium required for the Maco, Omega, Honor Guard sets is outragious. Then when we get the stuff we need for the ground sets we still have to pay even more dilithium to unlock the costumes for the grounds. Your estimates of acquiring the sets is way out of proportion it is actually taking me longer to get the Mk XII sets then the old system and to outfit my BOFFs well I can forget that on this or any other toon as I have other uses for my resources unlike my other toon which has the sets X, XI, and XII on all my BOFFs when are you guys/ladies going to stop making it harder on us players to get the stuff we need the game is starting to feel more like a job and not as enterainment like it is suppose to?

Next complaint is the upgrading of the DOFFs you increase the amount of dilithium there also to 1000, 3000, and 6000 now it takes me days to upgrade to a single Very rare DOFF from scratch that is 26,000 dilithium this is also outragious, and now requires the total of over 3 days worth of dilithium on a single toon and when you do upgrade they are a random DOFF which is usually totally worthless.

Third Myself and so far 1 other in the fleet I am in both suffered a 7000 experience point drop when doing our Omega reputation we both logged it up to a bug or maybe some other issue with the game. Once it is acceptable twice there is something going on that needs to be fixed.

Fourth Not only myself but many other players I have talked to have noticed here recently our shields and hulls have gotten easier for NPC's to kill us, or severely damage us. Have we also lost our Passive abilities we earned from doing the Accolades and if so why??? We worked very hard for those accolades and I do not like losing stuff I have worked for for so long and hard to receive.

Fifth I play in Elite Mode for everything and have done so for quite some time as I like the challenge. Why is it I receive the same rewards that people who play in Normal settings receive?? I though the rewards was suppose to go up and you were suppose to get a better chance of receiving better gear. Well guess what I don't and it is the same for many other players I play with.

Finally all the Bugs Ie. not being able to team going into a STF from sector space and being kicked You have known about this for quite a while why hasn't this been addressed. In Ker'Rat the Borg still warp in and out randomly, another issue that has been brought up many, many times when are these going to be fixed.

Not everything is all that bad though Unless some more changes/nerfs are intended for the upcomming seasons. I like the new missions and the new Romulan settings and the new gear from there and the fleet starbases are a interesting change and promotes teamwork for fleets.
Post edited by prestonpool on

Comments

• Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    When the transition into Season 7 was in testing, I was really skeptical on the STF set costs, but after getting Tier 5 Omega, I found the sets to be very fair. The price on the Space Sets is en par with the Fleet Advanced and Elite sets, and the ground sets are probably the best deal I seen with Sets since the Borg Set costing 5 EDCs in the old D'vak Store.

But I don't think it's fair to criticise the prices when you are equiping your BOFFS with Mk12s.

With the DOFF upgrade, I found it rather fair since they removed the DOFF rarity from the Fleet Projects, and only asks for commons. Though, I do understand frustration in putting up a day's worth of Dilithium for a Rare or Very Rare DOFF you did not want. But guess Cryptic figures you would put it on the exchange and try again or buy the DOFF you want. Because they did intended DOFFs to be like a trading card game where you trade to get what you want. (Though come to think of it, don't recall DOFFs being advertised in zone chat).

Losing 7000 Experience, that happened to me a couple of times to great frustration and set some of my characters back a few days. This also happened with my Starbase Projects, where it completed and the Experience was not rewarded. CSR basically the "oh sorry" line and never gave anykind of reinbursement to my fleet for all that Dilithium and Rare DOFFs that were lost (this was before Season 7).

Shields and Hull being more fragile, I agree. I believe this was part of the PvP revamp, where they were attempted us to use abilities more (really took us in the wrong direction), and part of it was some abilities were transferred to the Reputation system. So I for one would like them to go backtrack and restore where they were before Season 7.

And the bugs, yes STO needs a major debugging session. So bad I would like them to focus on this instead of Season 8, even if it means setting back a month.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Granted the adapted Mk XII sets are worth the 34,000 dilithium that is not the problem but the regular sets also costing 34,000 is way over the edge it really should be 20,000 per piece.

As far as the DOFFs the dilithium cost should goto half the dilithium cost as it is now
  • Options
    zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i agree, this season the bug fixing fell kind of short and they have introduced a lot of new bugs.

my client keeps crashing when i swap between fullscreen and windowed mode, also randomly when i beam down to new romulus

graphics errors like flickering space backgrounds and suns are worse than ever

the HUD options are a mess, i can't change nothing because then all my On mouse Overs are just GONE and won't work again

the Power Bar is a mess since S7...

there is real bad Lag when moving items around your Account Bank and other things... (sometimes takes 10 seconds until the hypos i just bought appear in the inventory)...

when i look at the patchnotes since S7 i don't see much bug fixing either, i only seen the worst game breaking bugs taken care of but not much else, i hope this will be a bit more of a priority when they come back from their holidays etc.

i am also still confused by the PvE queue renaming of STFs... in particular when i want to start a private queue i have to look 3 times what i am about to start, why cant they just name it "Into the Hive - Space (Elite)" instead of giving every map some odd name.

just like ebay and youtube always changing stuff around for the sake of changing stuff around...

for the cost of maco sets etc. i'm not there yet, getting 10 character through the Rep System is not very challenging, but very time consuming.
    by now i would be done with all of it if it wasn't for the stupid 20 delay each button press takes (and it's not even FUN if every XP project is exactly the same as the one yesterday!)

the weirdest thing i've noticed about the rep system is that in the beginning i did not have to do any STF's because of the conversion crate, but did a lot of Romulan PvE queue missions. Then i got a taste for Eppoh tagging thx to the winter event, now all my 10 chars have 500 - 1000 romulan marks, should be enough to get me to the end of Tier 5, but not my Borg marks from the crate ran out and i have to do some STFs again.

Seriously with just one character this would be BORING, (with 10 it is a bit of work)
    1 STF every 2 days and a bit of eppoh tagging... that isn't exactly a challenging gameplay experience.
    Just a time and currency sink. I do not feel like i *earned* my rewards but that i've just *unlocked* them, which is rather accurate considering that everything is just a store unlock that has to be paid for again.

In the old STF way i felt like i EARNED my Gear and was pumped up every time one set item dropped... it was hard it was grindy but it was rewarding, now it is unlocking a shop button that requires more grind, just like the Fleetbase stuff.

for the DOff thing... i got my purples before they added the up/downgrinder and you can still get them by PLAYING the DOff System. I do not rely on this NPC, either it is useful or not, in the current form it is not so i will just not use it anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gingerf1shgingerf1sh Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    First complaint is the amount of dilithium required for the Maco, Omega, Honor Guard sets is outragious. Then when we get the stuff we need for the ground sets we still have to pay even more dilithium to unlock the costumes for the grounds. Your estimates of acquiring the sets is way out of proportion it is actually taking me longer to get the Mk XII sets then the old system and to outfit my BOFFs well I can forget that on this or any other toon as I have other uses for my resources unlike my other toon which has the sets X, XI, and XII on all my BOFFs when are you guys/ladies going to stop making it harder on us players to get the stuff we need the game is starting to feel more like a job and not as enterainment like it is suppose to?

You must have been lucky under the old system, it took me 8 months (from December to July) to get the Mk XII MACO shield on one of my characters, and that was with at least 2 ISE every day.
    edited January 2013
    Moved to the Feedback forum, since it's mostly Feedback.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    LOL I lived in the grounds for a couple of weeks on my Klingon to get all the stuff both for me and all my BOFFs, but the new system has basically killed off the grounds because to get the new ground equiptment no one has to do any ground missions in STF