test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Khitomer Crisis

kronos830kronos830 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
It used to be that at the end of the tutorial mission 'Khitomer Crisis' you were able to choose from an Engineering, Science or Tactical officer but playing a new character recently it seems that the game now sticks you with the Tactical officer. Anyone know the deal with this? I'd prefer to start with the Engineering officer.
Boldly going where six series and eleven movies have gone before.
Post edited by kronos830 on

Comments

• psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Something about "not wanting to make new players anxious by forcing them to make a choice early on". I think that's rubbish, personally, but that's how it is.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It's the same with the first Fed mission also, one only gets a TAC no choice.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    daveyny wrote: »
    It's the same with the first Fed mission also, one only gets a TAC no choice.

I think that's what the OP is talking about. ;)
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone