test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Non-spiky boots for KDF female chars, it is possible!

tmichctmichc Member Posts: 164 Arc User
Hi folks,

This may be old news, but for those of you with female KDF-side characters looking for something a little less spiky in the boots department get the Temporal Jumpsuit. I got bored and decided to get it for a laugh, and voila. It is fairly hefty (150 lobi), but my captain finally looks like the cpatain I envisaged when I first made her (a freelance engineer who is under contract for the KDF):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v45/tmichc/screenshot_2012-12-28-15-58-17_zpsc16f9e62.jpg

Tim
Post edited by tmichc on

Comments

• Options
    defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Don't forget the boots on the fleet uniform.;) Non-spikey and looks well with a warrior skirt.. compared to the spikey ones anyhoo.:)
    Just... more boots in general.
  • Options
    starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Just... more boots in general.

You can never have enough boots. :)
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You can never have enough boots. :)

Never enough clothes! :P
  • Options
    tpolebreakertpolebreaker Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Totally seconded... hate the spiky boots...
    edited December 2012
    Totally seconded... hate the spiky boots...

Well... :D
    I need a beer.

• Options
    mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The Adapted KHG boots don't have spikes either.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • Options
    aliendejouraliendejour Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    When are we finally going to get the TOS style boots for Klingon females?

It's cannon. If you look at the TOS female klingon uniforms the ladies were wearing the same boots as their Fed counterparts. And it's not like it would even take new art assets.
  • Options
    captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    When are we finally going to get the TOS style boots for Klingon females?

It's cannon. If you look at the TOS female klingon uniforms the ladies were wearing the same boots as their Fed counterparts. And it's not like it would even take new art assets.

So much this. ^

Just "flip the switch" so KDF females can wear them. How hard is that?
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    defalus wrote: »
    Don't forget the boots on the fleet uniform.;) Non-spikey and looks well with a warrior skirt.. compared to the spikey ones anyhoo.:)

OUCH !!
    100 lobi for a skirt, and another 150 lobi for boots. I cant get the KGH uniform options to work with the winter jacket so I'll simply keep my skin tight leotards and spikey boots )for now).
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    jnohdjnohd Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    defalus wrote: »

^This.

Get into T3 Fleet with Tailor, get the Bortasqu' uniform. It has some very nice Boots and bracers no matter what your gender. I've also spotted the shoulders from the as yet unreleased advanced version of the Bortasqu' on one of the Fleet Shop's NPCs - looking forward to that too. Much more understated, but still has nice detail.
    Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
    ALL HOLDINGS FINISHED! - Starbase 5-5-5-5 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
    A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
    Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    jnohd wrote: »
    ^This.

Get into T3 Fleet with Tailor, get the Bortasqu' uniform. It has some very nice Boots and bracers no matter what your gender. I've also spotted the shoulders from the as yet unreleased advanced version of the Bortasqu' on one of the Fleet Shop's NPCs - looking forward to that too. Much more understated, but still has nice detail.

But I has no T3 Fleet. All my KDF Fleetmates are lazy, or gone. But mostly gone. :(
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I also wish for more KDF Costume options, especially in the footwear department.

Thanks for the pointers about the Temporal and Fleet costumes. I'll see what I can do. It's just too darn bad that those aren't account-wide unlocks. They are (the former, especially) too expensive for single-character items.

On the upside, there's this from the recent Ask Cryptic:
    Q: (eisenw0lf) Will the KDF ever get access to the mercenary costume? There are lots of 'alien'-characters on the red side who would love to have something to wear which is not an Omega armor or a distinctive klingon outfit. Some people like to play a Cardassian or Romulan and they look just stupid in the outfits currently available to KDF.

Dstahl: We agree with you that non-Klingons need more costume options, although we don?t necessarily think they look stupid. Rest assured that we are working on some new uniforms for the KDF side in Season 8 that are similar to the Mercenary outfits because not all KDF players want to wear spiky boots and shoulder pads.

Source: http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=800861

I just hope whatever S8 offers, it's account-wide. :)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I just hope whatever S8 offers, it's account-wide. :)

Yeah me too. :(
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    But I has no T3 Fleet. All my KDF Fleetmates are lazy, or gone. But mostly gone. :(

If you can get onto the base of a T3+ fleet, you can shop at the tailor. It's a non-provisioned store, so you don't need to be a member with permissions to buy the uniform. Just need the fleet credits and dilithium.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    If you can get onto the base of a T3+ fleet, you can shop at the tailor. It's a non-provisioned store, so you don't need to be a member with permissions to buy the uniform. Just need the fleet credits and dilithium.

............................................................................seriously?

WHY HAS NO ONE TOLD ME SOONER!?!?!? :(:(:(:(