they like to dig in the snow too.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • pegasuscicpegasuscic Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Here's a snow masftiff with Phaser Rifle

http://i.imgur.com/7Bhid.jpg

Probably another player transformed by Q/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people."-Commander William Adama
  • tesseracttoxxtesseracttoxx Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    No. I checked and it was not a player, plus it has been ground around that way for 2 hours now.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Maybe he thought it was a bone? :confused:
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Some (now deceased) Redshirt told him to "Play Fetch"? :confused:
  • diotwdiotw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I saw a guy on ESD last night with no head! He was average human size, with just a glowing blue dot where the top of his head should have been. Jumped around the Bank area for a few minutes, then beamed out. Wish I'd got a picture now. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
  • thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    thay8472 wrote: »
    they like to dig in the snow too.

Love your avi... what does it represent?
  • supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    shhhthisisajoke.gif
    That's what happens when you get a canine and a beam weapon.
  • sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    diotw wrote: »
    I saw a guy on ESD last night with no head! He was average human size, with just a glowing blue dot where the top of his head should have been. Jumped around the Bank area for a few minutes, then beamed out. Wish I'd got a picture now. XD

What you witnessed was a teleporter accident, the report is here:

"This afternoon, at 14:12:43.291 hours, there was an unfortunate teleporter incident that was due to a rounding error bug that caused teleporter buffers to "incorrectly reproduce" the officer's head. His brain stem was in tact allowing for the body to be animated.

The Teleporter Chief was shocked and before they could react, the body ran off the teleporter pad and entered the public areas of ESD. As soon as the transporter staff got a lock on the body they had teleported it back into the buffers and attempt to properly reintegrate the man's patterns in the buffers. Unfortunately they were unsuccessful and condolences were send to the officer's closest family.

To prevent future occurrences the Chief Engineer has ran a full set of Windows Updates and have ran a full set of diagnostics to ensure that the bug no longer exists. We are looking at a longer term solution proposed that would replace the teleporter system's operating system Windows version 666.666 with a much more powerful and streamlined operating system called Linux version 69.

The staff involved and witnesses are undergoing counseling and reevaluation.

Once again, we regret what had happened and our condolences go out to the man's family and relatives.

Fleet Admiral Quinn
    UFP Starfleet Operations
    Earth Spacedock

23410.1 18:01:23.435"
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Here's a snow masftiff with Phaser Rifle

http://i.imgur.com/7Bhid.jpg

Looks like a compounding of the bug we see when switching weapons in combat with the Q polymorph. Shooting with a lirpa or holding a melee weapon at the same time as a gun happens all the time. Latency maybe?
    shhhthisisajoke.gif
    That's what happens when you get a canine and a beam weapon.

And dis surprises you after I issued the laser-Daschunds? :D

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Some (now deceased) Redshirt told him to "Play Fetch"? :confused:

Yep. Tragic case really. As the Mastiff was picking the rifle to fetch it a front paw brushed up against the safety interlock panel. The safety interlock was bio-coded to the Redshift, but he had a rare metabolism disorder. Strangely enough the disorder made his bio-readings appear to be the same as his pet Mastiff. Continuing on, the Mastiff disabled the safety of the Rifles as it struggled to pick up the Rifle. And due the struggles, the power setting of the Rifle got set to maximum. As the Mastiff finally got the Rifle in his mouth, his long tongue brushed up against the trigger of the Rifle, firing the Rifle which just happened to be pointed a center of mass of the Redshift. And hence prematurely ending a promising career.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2012
    Well I believe the Mastiff eat the previous owner of the rifle.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    artan42 wrote: »
    Well I believe the Mastiff eat the previous owner of the rifle.

It was trying to use the rifle as a toothpick. :eek:
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.