test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Don't forget the klingons - Epohh Tagging

overthetopsighoverthetopsigh Member Posts: 17 Arc User
If future content can we stay away from having to form a team with your own faction it would help the KDF players a lot. It takes much more time finding a team as a KDF player then a FED player. I wouldn't mind the mission if it was doable solo, but it is not. I have never gotten 30 on my own, and if another team decides to compete in your space...

If the mission was changed so that 1 player needs 15, 2 players need 30 it would be much better for the KDF players.
Post edited by overthetopsigh on

Comments

• Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I usually just solo it, both on fed and kdf.

It would be useful if there was a queue for it (and for the Defera/Nukara missions too for that matter). I don't particularly care to stand around asking for teammates for a 2-minute mission, and I usually have zone chat turned off anyway.
  • Options
    claransaclaransa Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    warpangel wrote: »
    I usually just solo it, both on fed and kdf.

It would be useful if there was a queue for it (and for the Defera/Nukara missions too for that matter). I don't particularly care to stand around asking for teammates for a 2-minute mission, and I usually have zone chat turned off anyway.

^this /signed
  • Options
    bolter25bolter25 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    If future content can we stay away from having to form a team with your own faction it would help the KDF players a lot. It takes much more time finding a team as a KDF player then a FED player. I wouldn't mind the mission if it was doable solo, but it is not. I have never gotten 30 on my own, and if another team decides to compete in your space...

If the mission was changed so that 1 player needs 15, 2 players need 30 it would be much better for the KDF players.

I was going to start a thread on this but am glad I found this here.

I agree on all points; we should be able to do this as a combined Klingon/Federation team.

I mean...we can hunt Borg together but we can't tag strange-looking rabbits together? Really?!!!! :confused:
  • Options
    hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You don't have to manage 30, you know. You can just settle for 20. Which is perfectly doable. It also means that you really only need one other person to team with you to hit 30. I shudder to think just how badly these people are messing it up who are shouting into zone chat that they've got 4 people and are looking for one more. Gee, I don't know, team. With only four of us, that means some of us will have to nab 8 of these feral beasts. Maybe ten, if... is anyone allergic to digital rodents? Cause if so, I'm sorry, but you have to leave the group.

I honestly think this is unnecessary. And about 99.75% certain not to happen. Conservatively. The only cases where cross-faction teams are formed are those where the game auto-groups people, or using the PvE private lobbies. Mol'Rihan is an open world zone. To allow you to invite cross-faction there would spark a whole new wave of ESD and Qo'noS invasions as people abuse their enemy faction alts to beam down four fleet mates into enemy territory.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • Options
    mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You're a warrior of the Klingon Empire. Why do you want to run around on a field of flowers, chasing fluffy puppies?
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I just don't think KDF players should be accepting the penalty just because it takes longer to find a team willing to tag epohh's.

This doesn't just affect Epohh tagging, it also affects maps like Defera and Nukara. Whether intentional or not, this is just another deterrant from playing KDF.

All I'm asking is for the powers that be just change the missions where you can solo them, but a team makes it easier. Epohh tagging was just an example that I used since Defera/Nukara require a discussion on their own. I mean, it wouldn't have been much more to make it easier as you add teammates to the mission.

It's just the kind of thinking I wish Cryptic started having when coming up with new content or missions. I find it hard enough to warrant inviting someone with me when I do missions some of them are not team friendly (boldly they rode). If they designed missions where players are able to complete on their own but a team makes it easier would provide a stronger community instead of a single player game with MMO abilities tacked on to it.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    hrisvalar wrote: »
    You don't have to manage 30, you know. You can just settle for 20. Which is perfectly doable. It also means that you really only need one other person to team with you to hit 30. I shudder to think just how badly these people are messing it up who are shouting into zone chat that they've got 4 people and are looking for one more. Gee, I don't know, team. With only four of us, that means some of us will have to nab 8 of these feral beasts. Maybe ten, if... is anyone allergic to digital rodents? Cause if so, I'm sorry, but you have to leave the group.

I honestly think this is unnecessary. And about 99.75% certain not to happen. Conservatively. The only cases where cross-faction teams are formed are those where the game auto-groups people, or using the PvE private lobbies. Mol'Rihan is an open world zone. To allow you to invite cross-faction there would spark a whole new wave of ESD and Qo'noS invasions as people abuse their enemy faction alts to beam down four fleet mates into enemy territory.

Assuming your signature represents the toons you have, I can see you only have one KDF. The trouble that I am having is I can't even find a partner sometimes. I have to wait about 30 minutes spamming zone, this is what I'm saying is not fair. Hop on your KDF toon for month and run some defera/nukara/epohh tagging. Now run it with your feds, you'll notice a difference right away.
  • Options
    cyresofbsgocyresofbsgo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    a thought I had, that would help alleviate this problem and many KDF looking for a group problems would be:

allow a T4 Diplomat, or Marauder, to invite the opposite faction into a team.

: that way the "team, can do any mission that both fed and KDF can have, and those that a faction can't have will simply show up as a "you can not share this mission with X or Y team member, you know, like how when a Fed is in a team with a Fed and can't share a mission that's over the other team member's level requirement?
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I agree that KDF shouldn't be carebearing like eppoh tagging, I hope lack of groups of this does discourage that type of player from KDF, we only need warriors. There is no honor to be gained from eppoh tagging, get marks in battle.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    a thought I had, that would help alleviate this problem and many KDF looking for a group problems would be:

allow a T4 Diplomat, or Marauder, to invite the opposite faction into a team.

this is actually a nice idea..

though - people are you serious? KDF has contraband, more than a FED officer is ever going to be dreaming of. FED's have.. MORE of everything else, that is true :D

i think the situation is fine as is. You wanna team for epohh? Ask in your fleet channel, or in any other cross-zone faction channel you are using, there are people like you all over the game.

I often meet people with more than 1 KDF alt and we arrange a deal where we go through the tagging with more alts one after another.

This is an MMO, talk to people, or be content with 19 - 23 epohhs/run..
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Really cross faction teaming should be allowed in any 'social' mission area where both factions are doing the same missions anyway such as Defera, Nukara and New Romulus.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    <snip>

All I'm asking is for the powers that be just change the missions where you can solo them, but a team makes it easier.

This is exactly the way it is now. From your posts, it sounds as if you don't think you are able to do the epohh tagging by yourself.

Instead of wasting all that time/energy trying to gather a group, maybe it would work better for you to just do the mission solo and be done with it. It's nice to have a team to get the most rewards, but I don't like hanging around waiting for that long most of the time. If there's no one teaming at the time I want to do the mission, I just do it and be done with it.

So, maybe it takes a couple of days to get the research tags to start a doff mission. For me, that's better than doing nothing for an hour or so while waiting for a team. You can finish all the ground dailies in that amount of time and go on to something better.

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)