test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Demorecord?

voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
edited January 2013 in The Academy
So I have been trying to figure out a few things about demorecord. I finally figured out how to use it to record. but I have some other questions.

1) how do I play my demos? I tried reading the wiki, but I couldn't make sense of it. So I have a demo but don't know how to play it.

2) I know it saves it as a demo file, but is there any way to get my demo saved as some kind of standard video file, so I can play it without using the STO game (or whatever it is I use to play the demo)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    tangolighttangolight Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Try this (from the sticky currently a few lines above your post):
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=292481

For more information, see
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=134131
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    1) how do I play my demos? I tried reading the wiki, but I couldn't make sense of it. So I have a demo but don't know how to play it.

Open the STO launcher. Click "options" and enter into the blank space demo_play FileName (FileName is whatever you named your demo). Then log into the launcher and go from there.
    2) I know it saves it as a demo file, but is there any way to get my demo saved as some kind of standard video file, so I can play it without using the STO game (or whatever it is I use to play the demo)

I think you have to use an external application to play record what you have.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    unitystarbaseunitystarbase Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Is there any way to playback demo files through the usual means without being online. Every time I'm disconnected from the internet and want to run a demo file, the launcher tries to update, etc and STO crashes. :(
  • Options
    carmenaracarmenara Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    There is a way to use a third party program to save frames from the recorded demo, in JPG format, which you can then use a video editor to string together as a complete video.

The tool is of course Rachel Garrett's STO demo player. Do you have it?
    STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel
  • Options
    unitystarbaseunitystarbase Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I mean more to play back the demofile in game as per normal, but when I'm disconnected from the internet.