test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tric Mines

antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2012 in PvP Gameplay
Ok I am not going to start this by complaining about tric mines...

However I think almost all of us will admit they are broken.

I was hoping we could start a discussion as to how to fix them here.

I have a bunch of ideas of ways to correct the issue... and I would love to hear what other people think on them... if we are lucky perhaps cryptic will even listen and implement something to make them good but not the cheese ball weapon they have become.

So first let me list what I hear people list as issues with them

1) Base dmg... I think most people feel there dmg is to high, although not all and some see th issue as pattern based.

2) dispersal patterns... again I think most people feel being able to spit 4 out is crazy considering issue 1

3) Crit linking.... Some people feel the way they crit where one crits they all crit is an issue

4) MES values... some people feel they don't deserve to have a high mes value or even have one at all considering how powerful they are.

5) Aoe that works different from tricobalt torps... there is no splash dmg from trics and therefor no deterent to dropping them point blank in a mess of spam. Or using stupid things like the Timeship drop.

If anyone else has other issues with them post em... but that is what I have heard myself.

Here is how I see it...

1) I think the base dmg is a tad high... however if they where Max one out I wouldn't have any issue with it.

2) dispersal patterns... this I think needs to change and I have a few ideas.

3) crit linking... myself I see no issue with it... I also know that the system treats patterns and dots as one weapon pull... and I am fine with the way it works... I don't think any weapon that can crit to 300k+ deserves this bonus... but myself I think the issue is that a single weapon can crit for 300k+ not the linking

4) mes values... I am torn on this one... I think all mines need mes to be viable... but ya not being able to clear tric mines with scatter or fire at will is an issue considering they can insta wipe a team.

My thoughts on Solutions....

1) Reduce Base dmg by 20% or so... perhaps this is all that is needed... as a base dmg reduction should reduce the super high crits. (easiest for cryptic to implement... not sure if it would really solve the issue... but I'll throw it out there first)

2) Change Dispersal pattern use. Options include;
- Simply remove the option to disperal pattern tric mines
- Change the way the dispersal works... this is one of my fav ideas. We know cryptic has the tech to change weapon cool downs based on HY use... so the tech should be applicable... What if Dispersal patterns on tric mines reduced there cool down... like the time torp cool down is increased when you HY them. Just in reverse... Working like this;
- No Dispersal 30s cool down
- Dispersal 1 10s cool down reduction
- dispersal 2 15s cool down reduction
- Dispersal 3 20s cool down reduction
This would mean you could kick out multiples over a set time frame... and get a drop rate with one mine close to that of someone with 2 and no patterns. The mines could perhaps even get a 100% chance to proc a rift at that point, and have higher dmg just like a Torp hy... as long as its one out I don't think it would be a major issue and it would still have massive potential if you can land it.

3) MES adjustments. Perhaps they need a lower mes value so they can be cleared more easily.

4) Some type of Crit limiter... perhaps a Negative CrtD value by default on Tric mines.

Anyway those are a few ideas to help bring these mines into line... Myself I like the idea of changes to the dispersal patterns as I think that is the real issue with them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.