test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Galaxy X update...

lordlegionxlordlegionx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I was wondering what all of you thought of there update for the galaxy x. I ask because I don't understand why someone would get the galaxy x for any other reason the they like the galaxy x. I have one my self and after I got it I realized that most other VA ship are better and here is how I came to that conclusion... first, the galaxy x was released as a captain ship that is why the equipment is mk VIII (captain) when you buy it or clam it. I know because I have the galaxy x myself and I had to remove mk VIII captain lv equipment when I calmed it on my newest toon. Second, the galaxy x is not on the same lv as the other VA ships... just look at the Odyssey class ships... they are bigger then the galaxy X (1000 crew for the galaxy x and 2500 for the odyssey) and size matters in sto but to get the venture skin a friend payed 2500 zen to get the skin and then they lowered the price to 1500 so he could have got the odyssey pack for the same price and have gotten 3 different ships with 3 consoles that also give a turn boost for the odyssey with all 3 consoles on it witch is more the the galaxy x gets( cloak and spinal lance), now the odyssey turns faster then the smaller galaxy x with more console ability, but wait how is that possible... the odyssey is so much bigger then the galaxy x to hold 1500 more crew. Third, the galaxy x only has standard boff stations while most of the newer VA ships have universal slots and I under stand that the galaxy x is a cruiser but with the ability to equip dual cannons doesn't that make it an assault cruiser... so why can I only use one cannon boff ability? And now they are making an update for the galaxy x that is a separation console... I think there are SO MANY other places they could go to improve the galaxy x then just adding a separation console. What are your thoughts on this and how do you think they should release the update so the people who have already bought the ship and thous who payed for the venture class already don't have to pay more for the update?
Post edited by lordlegionx on

Comments

• admiraljt#1430 admiraljt Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I was wondering what all of you thought of there update for the galaxy x. I ask because I don't understand why someone would get the galaxy x for any other reason the they like the galaxy x.

I have one my self and after I got it I realized that most other VA ship are better and here is how I came to that conclusion...

first, the galaxy x was released as a captain ship that is why the equipment is mk VIII (captain) when you buy it or clam it. I know because I have the galaxy x myself and I had to remove mk VIII captain lv equipment when I calmed it on my newest toon.

Second, the galaxy x is not on the same lv as the other VA ships... just look at the Odyssey class ships... they are bigger then the galaxy X (1000 crew for the galaxy x and 2500 for the odyssey) and size matters in sto but to get the venture skin a friend payed 2500 zen to get the skin and then they lowered the price to 1500 so he could have got the odyssey pack for the same price and have gotten 3 different ships with 3 consoles that also give a turn boost for the odyssey with all 3 consoles on it witch is more the the galaxy x gets( cloak and spinal lance), now the odyssey turns faster then the smaller galaxy x with more console ability, but wait how is that possible... the odyssey is so much bigger then the galaxy x to hold 1500 more crew.

Third, the galaxy x only has standard boff stations while most of the newer VA ships have universal slots and I under stand that the galaxy x is a cruiser but with the ability to equip dual cannons doesn't that make it an assault cruiser... so why can I only use one cannon boff ability? And now they are making an update for the galaxy x that is a separation console... I think there are SO MANY other places they could go to improve the galaxy x then just adding a separation console.

What are your thoughts on this and how do you think they should release the update so the people who have already bought the ship and thous who payed for the venture class already don't have to pay more for the update?

Fixed your post for you

Considering alot of folks got the Galaxy X for free it's on par with the 3 other free VA ships.

Give it a turn rate buff when it seperates like the Galaxy and maybe a couple of different seperation patterns like the Prometheus. and I think it will be fine.
  • natejam101natejam101 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Well the Galaxy X is not on par with any other VA cruiser imo. It seriously lacks BOFF setup, especially for a 2500 zen ship. If you choose to use cannons, you are, like the OP said, stuck with only 1 cannon special...

The saucer separation makes NO sense on this ship. Why? Well the SPINAL phaser lance is why. You are telling me that a weapon that is attached to and formed as part of the main hull of the ship and saucer is going to break into 2 pieces and go back together? Your telling me that while you control the star drive section, when you go to use your lance, that you will see the lance firing from under your saucer somewhere 10 km away from you? Please do not add this dumb feature to this ship.

Its supposed to be a battle ready version of the galaxy. Lets step up the turn rate, add a LT Commander Tactical BOFF and Lt Tactical BOFF along with Commander Engineer, LT Universal and LT science to this ship.

It does not NEED a saucer sep that makes no sense for this ship.
    edited December 2012
    Well like I said for someone who got the ship for free it is just as good as the other 3 free ships you can get as a Vice Admiral. Those being the Galaxy, The Intrepid, ant the Defiant. Any one that thinks it's a good idea to put cannons on a ship with a turn rate of 6 should have there head examined.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    "Passable" is much different than "Pure Awesomesause".

"Vanilla" is much different than "Raspberry Cheesecake".

"Pabst Blue Ribbon" is much different "Bonarda".

A cheap russia-*AHEM* You get the idea.

Many, many threads have been made on the subject of the Galaxy-X (Quite a few started by myself). And there are countless ways it could be improved. Buuuuuut..... until the Devs show interest in fixing the ship, it's not gonna get fixed. :(
  • alexhurlbutalexhurlbut Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    natejam101 wrote: »
    The saucer separation makes NO sense on this ship. Why? Well the SPINAL phaser lance is why. You are telling me that a weapon that is attached to and formed as part of the main hull of the ship and saucer is going to break into 2 pieces and go back together? Your telling me that while you control the star drive section, when you go to use your lance, that you will see the lance firing from under your saucer somewhere 10 km away from you? Please do not add this dumb feature to this ship.

It does not NEED a saucer sep that makes no sense for this ship.
    Except it has been stated that their plan for the X when tweaking the separation device to work on it is to have the "base" of the spinal phaser that is on your star drive/battle section fire a shotgun like effect when you use the spinal phaser while separated.
    edited December 2012
    I had to pay for a months subscription witch I had to pay anyway to play the game since there was no F2P option. It didn't cost me any more to get the ship then what I had to pay to play the game. I think the referral program was a great idea and wish they would bring it back some how.
  • drudgydrudgy Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I fly the X on one of my Engineering toons and it seems to work alright. I'm not saying it couldn't use some improvements, but I think it works just as good if not better than the Sov Tactical Cruiser. Sure it's slow as beans, but I don't use Canon's on it anyway. I've even taken it into PVP a time or two and it tanks like a BOSS.

Really I just fly it because it's fun. It's a challenge to compete, and with the Venture skin, it's just plain Sexy. Spec your Captain right and it handles itself just fine against other cruisers.
    f3wrLS.jpg
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I can never resist these Galaxy X topics when they crop up :o

The X has it exists in-game is pure garbage IMHO.

You really have to think back to the Federation vessel landscape when the X was 1st released to understand why it is what it is now.

The X was just a Galaxy reskin that was originally intended to be a vanity ship for those who earned it via the refer a friend program back in 2010 and it was never meant to outclass the other Fed Cruisers that were already in-game.

When Cryptic realized the 98.6% of us were crazy enough to pay real cash for the X they jumped at the chance to sell us one at $25.00 each (I got mine).

I still laugh when I think back to all the old post of players screaming that the X was a pay to win ship.

The X was a just a vanity ship who's only reason for existing in-game was to get us to draw more players into the game.

Back when it was released the X was just meant to be Flash without substance.

Over the course of game development more ships were created that totally outclass all the Freebee ships and I agree that that X still being a $25.00 ship should be on par with the best of the current in-game Cruisers.

For Giggles here is my Dream X setup:

Weapons: 4 x 4

Base turn rate of 8 due to its 3rd nacelle

Commander Engineering

Lt. Commander Tactical

Lt. Science

Lt. Universal

Ensign Engineering

Console Slots:

4 Engineering

4 Tactical

2 Science

Special Console: Cloaking Device / Phaser Lance standard with the option to buy different versions of the console with different energy lance types for the X only in the D-Store.

Has an added bonus:

You can slot the separation console found on the Galaxy R to give the X Saucer Separation; however, when separated the spinal lace is taken offline.

When separated the base turn rate of the Drive Section of the X becomes 10
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ocp001ocp001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    errab wrote: »
    Galaxy X Background info...

^^ pretty much what happened.

However...

The ship was initially released as a rear admiral ship. It got a brief boost after a storm of "WTF" when it was obvious that it was inferior to the VA ships that came later.

Power creep is the name of this game now, with the new "Destroyer" class ships I doubt there will be any real revamp of note happening to the X.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    ocp001 wrote: »
    ^^ pretty much what happened.

However...

The ship was initially released as a rear admiral ship. It got a brief boost after a storm of "WTF" when it was obvious that it was inferior to the VA ships that came later.

Power creep is the name of this game now, with the new "Destroyer" class ships I doubt there will be any real revamp of note happening to the X.

There SHOULD be. :(