Interesting Twitter Post by Geko

bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 548 Arc User
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Story confirmed for S8.

Not much else to comment on beyond that, I guess.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Season 8 is going to have giant robots.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2012
    Oh! Oh! Oh! I know! I know! :D

Can't talk about it yet, though. ;) But, my jaw = on the floor, falling through the terrain.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    betawatcherbetawatcher Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    They already said Season 8 is going to have a big focus on new KDF content, so I'm not sure what the OP's point is about that tweet. We already know what he's talking about.
  • Options
    brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    /me has a tentative happy.
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tatyanasergeitatyanasergei Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yay for story content! :D That is EXACTLY what STO in general and the KDF in particular needs to kick some life back into it.
    Centurion Tenir - R.R.W. Taldor
    Legacy of Romulus, Round One Closed Beta Tester
    "The Republic may need to work with Starfleet and the Klingons now, but trust neither of them."
  • Options
    asthalothasthaloth Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm hoping a Gorn adventure zone involving the Gorn separatists is atleast partially involved.
    (With Gorn KDF characters being allowed to HELP them, of course ;)
  • Options
    mkilczewskimkilczewski Member Posts: 284
    edited December 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
  • Options
    meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    asthaloth wrote: »
    I'm hoping a Gorn adventure zone involving the Gorn separatists is atleast partially involved.

Blech... No more "Ground" Adventure Zones for a while please. Bring on the SPACE Adventure Zones.
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited December 2012

A Gorn space station where they can go and make Human jokes?
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Over-exaggeration. We've heard this before. It usually turns out to be not AS great, but still great.
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    bluedarky wrote: »

Possibly its going to be in bigger font so its easier to read?
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Discuss.

Khan.

Though I can't decide whether the Iconians went back in time and saved him from dying in WoK or if they are going to save him from the new JJTrek.
  • Options
    curs0rcurs0r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    hypl wrote: »
    Over-exaggeration. We've heard this before. It usually turns out to be not AS great, but still great.

Not just an exaggeration, but an exaggerated exaggeration? j/k I thought that was a cute phrase and may start using it myself.

As for S8, what drops the jaw of one in amazement may drop the jaw of another in a yawn. Season 7 was supposed to be 'super cool' too right? :) So I'll reserve excitement and hope very hard that I too am amazed when I see it.
    I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.
  • Options
    xantrisxantris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    They already said Season 8 is going to have a big focus on new KDF content, so I'm not sure what the OP's point is about that tweet. We already know what he's talking about.

I'd bet money that's not it. I'd also be amazed if the KDF got anything more than a handful of additional content.

No, im pretty sure this will be cross faction stuff that has no KDF bias whatsoever.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'll believe it when they start showing trailers. :D
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Oh! Oh! Oh! I know! I know! :D

Can't talk about it yet, though. ;) But, my jaw = on the floor, falling through the terrain.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

*drools*

I think DStahl said we'd get the Gorn homeworld in a recent Ask Cryptic, though probably not for Season 8.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    My excitement on new story content depends if it's in mission for or PUG form.
    <3
  • Options
    lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2012

I think DStahl said we'd get the Gorn homeworld in a recent Ask Cryptic, though probably not for Season 8.

No. He said that Season sever was initially going to be Gorn based instead of Romulan focused, but things changed.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    lordfuzun wrote: »
    No. He said that Season sever was initially going to be Gorn based instead of Romulan focused, but things changed.

And that makes me sad...... :(
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Hmm, it better be. Just in case, I better stockpile on some snowballs. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    lordfuzun wrote: »

They did say they were gonna revisit the Gorn, though. So a homeworld isn't out of the question yet.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited December 2012

No we don't do you really think they are going to have content just for KDF only and leave the Federation players who are the bulk of the player base with nothing...I don't think

They will make KDF stuff, but I doubt they will ever update a season without giving the Federation the bulk of anything.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    hmmm huge you say?

Will there be... Undines ? :D
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I wonder whatever happened to Children of Khan????:confused:
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    I wonder whatever happened to Children of Khan????:confused:

They're probably holding off on it until Star Trek Into Darkness comes out. ;) It's looking more and more like it'll be a Kahn/Augment storyline.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    They're probably holding off on it until Star Trek Into Darkness comes out. ;) It's looking more and more like it'll be a Kahn/Augment storyline.

I would believe that, if Cryptic did not talk about Children of khan 1 year before the plot of into the darkness was even known.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Here's my predictions for S8:

First and foremost, both J'mpok and Quinn are killed. One spectacularly, the other suddenly. The admiral who replaces Quinn, though technically qualified for the job, turns out to be useless in the clutch and blunders the war efforts on several occasions, forcing the Federation into a retreat. A mysterious Orion woman with vague but potent powers, however, makes an appearance and begins to aid the new Fleet Admiral in his strategic decisions.

Meanwhile, J'mpok's family is in a rough place. It has come to light that a more influential cousin of his has been having an incestuous relationship with a lesser member. The shame and dishonor weighs heavily on the House of J'mpok and causes dissension among the already loosely held together Klingon Alliance. Further complicating matter is the nefarious dealings of Melani D'ion, who has begun making more overt vies for power in the KDF. Surgical assassinations of seemingly random KDF personnel are taking place, leading to odd shifts in power in unexpected locations.

At the same time Adm. Quinn and J'mpok are slain, an assassin attempts to kill D'tan of New Romulus. The assassin did not count on a surprise visit from Obisek, however; the Reman's telepathy outed the would-be killer before he could get close to D'tan. Unfortunately, before the assassin could be apprehended, she ingested a chemical that utterly destroyed her DNA, rendering her unidentifiable. She did leave one clue; audio of what is assumed to be explatives in an unknown language was caught by D'tan's computer, as he was interrupted in the middle of a log entry.

Oh and the Kuvah'magh hatches some dragons or something.

GAME of STO.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    I would believe that, if Cryptic did not talk about Children of khan 1 year before the plot of into the darkness was even known.

Exactly why it's been held off for so long. They were going to make it, but put it aside for the moment; then as they were preparing to resume work on it the plot for Into Darkness came out.

Plus, they talk to CBS all the time. Maybe they said "don't do any Augment storylines until the next Abrams movie comes out".
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone