test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nadion Inversion Cooldown... Too Long.

picardtheiiipicardtheiii Member Posts: 151 Arc User
I don't understand why Nadion Inversion needs a cooldown of 180s.

It isn't that great already, and now on top of that you can only use it very occasionally.

Rather than buff it I believe the CD should be dropped to 120s. Or at a maximum 150s.

Thanks.
Post edited by picardtheiii on

Comments

• hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I don't understand why Nadion Inversion needs a cooldown of 180s.

It isn't that great already, and now on top of that you can only use it very occasionally.

Rather than buff it I believe the CD should be dropped to 120s. Or at a maximum 150s.

Thanks.

"It isn't that great already..."

ROFL. You obviously don't play an Engineer, or if you do, you don't do so effectively. Nadion Inversion combined with EPS Transfer buff essentially can increase an Engi's broadside DPS by 50-90%. The reduced power consumption alone makes it powerful. Add on it protects you from external drains makes it an amazing ability.

If you reduce the cd (as much as I would want for this to happen), it has the potential to cause too large of an imbalance in power and could possibly make engineers too powerful.

But please, don't insult it by saying it's not that great. It's one of the best Engineer captain abilities in existence.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • theuser2021theuser2021 Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Mmm, a shorter cooldown on NI. An engineers dream come true lol.
  • paneth48paneth48 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Its better than the Orbital phaser anyway. Or as I use to call it "Guy with a phaser hanging out of the shuttle bay firing pot shots"

Actually that ability allows my engineer to become uber for a while. its actually quite nice.
  • bladeofkahlessbladeofkahless Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    "It isn't that great already..."

ROFL. You obviously don't play an Engineer, or if you do, you don't do so effectively. Nadion Inversion combined with EPS Transfer buff essentially can increase an Engi's broadside DPS by 50-90%. The reduced power consumption alone makes it powerful. Add on it protects you from external drains makes it an amazing ability.

If you reduce the cd (as much as I would want for this to happen), it has the potential to cause too large of an imbalance in power and could possibly make engineers too powerful.

But please, don't insult it by saying it's not that great. It's one of the best Engineer captain abilities in existence.

This ^

If you think it's not that great, you're doing it wrong. It gives us our only real burst potential.
    But I don't blame you for thinking that. I didn't see the potential for a long time, and never really used it. Then I put 2 & 2 together :D
    I'd love a shorter cooldown, but I agree about the imbalance.

Tac Team -> EPS -> EP2W -> Nadion -> Spacebar

It won't blow your enemies up right away... but it will make them rethink their choices in life ;)

It's me, Chrome. [Join Date: May 2009]

"Oh, I may be captain by rank... but I never wanted to be anything else but an engineer." ~Montgomery Scott~