test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lockbox Ship rewards vs C-Store

bbaetensbbaetens Member Posts: 26 Arc User
Is it just me or do i find it not fair that the lockbox ships are not in the c-Store by now? i can understand that the new lockbox ships are not but common, the ferengi and cardassian version ships and goodies !!!

Oh wait yes its CBS so many tell us, CBS don't allows them to be put in the C-Store ?! really that's a load of TRIBBLE, don't be so greedy and put them in the C-Store! there wer plenty of cardassian and ferengi ships in the TV Shows, so that rare would they not be!

its more and more clear that the Cryptic Dev team are "ferengie's" in human skins !!! the greediness is so big its not even funny any more. do you really like to hurt your player base like this,... ofc you are what the hell em i thinking, this thread will probably get deleted in no time or moved and merged whit some other thread just to make this post disappear.

if in all likelyhood it is CBS that don't allowed the ships in the C-Store then i would strongly advice them to rethink there strategy, cus not all players of STO are kids with rich parents. or are players with no sens of the worth of coin. ! i need to work hard for my cash and if i buy some virtual goods i want results, after all, all the virtual goods i buy will dissapear wen STO eventually die's and the servers go down. i wonder do people think of that fact that one day there spend money will be gone for good?! its not that you get a copy of the game to play it standalone at home with all you virtual goods.

like i said a couple of times i know Cryptic needs to get money to keep this game running, BUT there plenty of other ways to do this, the ship lockbox's are just a form of SCAM really Exploitation of a Star Trek Fan!, older box's should not be brought back, no no the contence of the older box's should be added to the C-Store! that would be a fair trade off. instead of this greedy way of doing things.

all i can say is this Cryptic devs/management = Ferengie's that's clear as day!
Post edited by bbaetens on

Comments

• pennyprimrosepennyprimrose Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    bbaetens wrote: »
    i need to work hard for my cash and if i buy some virtual goods i want results, after all, all the virtual goods i buy will dissapear wen STO eventually die's and the servers go down. i wonder do people think of that fact that one day there spend money will be gone for good?!

Yeah! And my VHS tapes are useless now too! Sure I got use out of them for a long time, but they should last for all eternity, providing me with endless entertainment! :mad:
  • crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Oh wait yes its CBS so many tell us, CBS don't allows them to be put in the C-Store ?! really that's a load of TRIBBLE

Not a load of TRIBBLE at all. It's called a license, which is a form of contract, which is what business relations are based on and controlled by. Do CBS and Cryptic want to make money? Yes. Their actions are determined by what they believe will make the most money in the long-run.

On the one hand you complain that you work hard for your money, then you complain that Cryptic isn't allowing you to spend it frivolously. Get a grip. Put your rage away. Have a drink. Go outside. Calm down. It is just a game.
  • latiasracerlatiasracer Member Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    CBS doesn't restrict non-faction ships because they where rare in the TV show, they are restricted because they don't want the respective factions being "polluted" so to speak with loads of non federation/klingon ships.

The only lockbox ship that doesn't make sense being restricted is the Wells class.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the [URL="http://sto-
    forum.perfectworld.com/announcement.php?&a=51"]Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules
    and Policies [/URL]. ~Bluegeek
    warp plasma can't melt neutronium beams
  • dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Oh my! Cryptic want earn money on its product, how they dare to do that. Well maybe you don't know, but you can earn everything from C-Store and lock boxes without paying $, all you need is play and think how and what you play to earn enough currency to buy it.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
  • weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    CBS doesn't restrict non-faction ships because they where rare in the TV show, they are restricted because they don't want the respective factions being "polluted" so to speak with loads of non federation/klingon ships.

The only lockbox ship that doesn't make sense being restricted is the Wells class.

Except that argument falls apart now that everyone can have a Breen ship.
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    If you think it's not worth, it, don't buy it no matter what. You can get great ships from the store anyway, they aren't underperforming.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited December 2012

It's still going to be rare. For one it's definately gone after 35 days and not everyone will have the time or persistance to run those 25 races, while there is a seemingly endless supply of lockboxes and lockbox ships. Also, when compared to the c-store ships, it's still a per-character unlock, instead of account-wide.
  • bbaetensbbaetens Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yeah! And my VHS tapes are useless now too! Sure I got use out of them for a long time, but they should last for all eternity, providing me with endless entertainment! :mad:

ok granted VHS tapes are useless now BUT you have the option to convert them to CD / DVD heck even Blue ray so there not a total loss sir, next time think a tiny bit harder before you try to sink someones opinion
    crusty8mac wrote: »
    Not a load of TRIBBLE at all. It's called a license, which is a form of contract, which is what business relations are based on and controlled by. Do CBS and Cryptic want to make money? Yes. Their actions are determined by what they believe will make the most money in the long-run.

On the one hand you complain that you work hard for your money, then you complain that Cryptic isn't allowing you to spend it frivolously. Get a grip. Put your rage away. Have a drink. Go outside. Calm down. It is just a game.

Owkey i understand "license" but do you really think that is the reason they keep the lockbox's the way it is now? and yes hard work to get money in life, you should try it some day, not everyone is born in a place where money grows on tree's or where mom or dad provide it to yah easy. and i'm sorry i find it not so easy to spend money on virtual goods like that. especially if the goods you buy have a "CHANCE" on getting good virtual items. so you find it perfectly normal that someone has to spend 300 dollars before he gets a ship out of them box's, well then sir then i feel sorry for you that you can't see past there deception.

you speak of pollution in a game, so the latest movie did not pollute the trek universe at all then, there polluting the star trek universe at a greater rate then this game ever can.

and in the end this is a game and a game should be enjoyably to play!

So wen i see and read all the reply's its clear that either the fans wants to get exploited. and if CBS is the evil link in this, is that then why there so many failed Star Trek Games in the past? do they really just care about money fast! anyways i will no longer comment on this, i do not rage, i like this game with all its flaws i won't just buy them any more that's all. i just gave my opinion about something and wanted to know everyone els's opinion and that's clear.

no need to start a war.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Off-topic...

I'm noticing some violations of PWE Community Rules and Policies in this thread.

Let's keep the conversation civil. Valid opinions are being expressed, and there's no need for further hostility here.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation!

Live Long and Prosper,
    Bluegeek
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
    edited December 2012
    ok granted VHS tapes are useless now BUT you have the option to convert them to CD / DVD heck even Blue ray so there not a total loss sir, next time think a tiny bit harder before you try to sink someones opinion

Sorry, before the servers shut down in 10 years, print out a screenshot of your ship, hang it on the wall, and click your mouse at it to ensure you get your dollar's worth.:o
    edited December 2012
    Sorry, before the servers shut down in 10 years, print out a screenshot of your ship, hang it on the wall, and click your mouse at it to ensure you get your dollar's worth.:o

hehe again not relevant to this thread, you compare apples with oranges!! VHS cassette vs Virtual Item is not one and the same! you can't compare the two. virtual item can't ever be in your possession, you might think you own it but you don't. same goes for the game you rent space on there HDs / database. rent it in either a subscription or C-Store way. the difference here is you find it normal that the rent went up and you don't even want to notice it. i know that the lockbox's are making them allot of money that's the point why they added them in the first place, but is it fair? no it is not you can tell your self anything you want to make your self feel better wen you buy the box's in the end it is exploitation of. but i can understand that if someone has no value of money or just plenty of it, that they don't see this as is bad or unfair.
    it is not that i don't like the game, cus if that were the case i would not make any thread about it, i would just uninstall the game and move on tho other game(s). i value my money and i dislike the practice of the lockbox's, i said it before in some other posts, i would happily buy it all direct from the c-store, cus then i know what i buy! i don't like surprises especially as the surprise is not worth the value of my money.
    edited December 2012
    hehe again not relevant to this thread, you compare apples with oranges!! VHS cassette vs Virtual Item is not one and the same! you can't compare the two. virtual item can't ever be in your possession, you might think you own it but you don't. same goes for the game you rent space on there HDs / database. rent it in either a subscription or C-Store way. the difference here is you find it normal that the rent went up and you don't even want to notice it. i know that the lockbox's are making them allot of money that's the point why they added them in the first place, but is it fair? no it is not you can tell your self anything you want to make your self feel better wen you buy the box's in the end it is exploitation of. but i can understand that if someone has no value of money or just plenty of it, that they don't see this as is bad or unfair.
    it is not that i don't like the game, cus if that were the case i would not make any thread about it, i would just uninstall the game and move on tho other game(s). i value my money and i dislike the practice of the lockbox's, i said it before in some other posts, i would happily buy it all direct from the c-store, cus then i know what i buy! i don't like surprises especially as the surprise is not worth the value of my money.

I think you are missing the point. You don't have to buy a lockbox ship. If you think the value you get from them is less than the asking price, don't pay.
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I want a D'Kora and/or a Wells as much as anyone does. I'd way rather just pay cash for them than gamble on lockboxes.

But I understand CBS's and Cryptic's policy concerning these lockbox ships, even if I don't agree with it myself. I just can't see them reversing it, especially as long as it continues to generate sales.

If anyone does not want to spend money on lockboxes, or convert Dilithium to Zen in order to buy Master Keys, that is their choice. Some of these ships have been put on the EC Exchange and it is possible (if not easy) to earn the EC's to buy one if you're patient and willing to grind it out.

I don't like it any more than other players do, but I'm forced to accept that this is how it is. We can rant on the forums all we want, but in this particular case my opinion is that we don't have the influence to change it.

That said, feel free to lobby for change but let's make sure we're following the rules when we post our feedback on this.

Please show some respect for other people's opinions, even if you don't agree with them.

Please stick with the facts -- don't speculate about other people's motivations.

When referring to other forum users, please leave off any personal references to beliefs, feelings, behavior, intelligence, character, skills, etc.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
    edited December 2012
    Don't like lottery? Simple solution, buy ship at exchange.

You wrote that you know how hard is to earn money, and at the same time you have problem that Cryptic want get money for they work :eek:

You can buy Zen by dilithium exchange without spending single $, so I don't see what's the problem. Don't want lottery opening boxes? As I wrote earlier, buy ship at exchange.

It's not worth your money, don't buy it. Because with this argument, sorry but whole thread looks like flame for flame.
    edited December 2012
    bluegeek wrote: »
    I want a D'Kora and/or a Wells as much as anyone does. I'd way rather just pay cash for them than gamble on lockboxes.

But I understand CBS's and Cryptic's policy concerning these lockbox ships, even if I don't agree with it myself. I just can't see them reversing it, especially as long as it continues to generate sales.

If anyone does not want to spend money on lockboxes, or convert Dilithium to Zen in order to buy Master Keys, that is their choice. Some of these ships have been put on the EC Exchange and it is possible (if not easy) to earn the EC's to buy one if you're patient and willing to grind it out.

I don't like it any more than other players do, but I'm forced to accept that this is how it is. We can rant on the forums all we want, but in this particular case my opinion is that we don't have the influence to change it.

That said, feel free to lobby for change but let's make sure we're following the rules when we post our feedback on this.

Please show some respect for other people's opinions, even if you don't agree with them.

Please stick with the facts -- don't speculate about other people's motivations.

When referring to other forum users, please leave off any personal references to beliefs, feelings, behavior, intelligence, character, skills, etc.

well this is the kind of response i was seeking, atleast i know i'm not allone that don't like this. and yes i know there not gonna change there mind about the lockbox's over-night but if no one ever speak out about this they "will" never change.

Change happens wen at-least someone speaks or debate it. this fact happens in every country on the planet! heck we vote for front-runners to speak there mind for us.
    Thank you bluegeek for this honest reply.
  • ussboleynussboleyn Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The thing I don't understand, they can't sell these ships in the c-store but they can sell them in the lobi store.

With a guaranteed 4 lobi per box (key) these ships have a zen value.

Then again all these ships can be found on the exchange for EC which is pretty easy to get lol

/\
    edited December 2012
    dkratasco wrote: »

You wrote that you know how hard is to earn money, and at the same time you have problem that Cryptic want get money for they work :eek:

You can buy Zen by dilithium exchange without spending single $, so I don't see what's the problem. Don't want lottery opening boxes? As I wrote earlier, buy ship at exchange.

It's not worth your money, don't buy it. Because with this argument, sorry but whole thread looks like flame for flame.

no sir this thread was not meant to be flame wars!
    i'll explain my frustration. i bought zen, bought 30 keys that's 35dollar worth of keys give or take. tryed my luck like any other guy. what did i get

- 142 lobi crystals
    - a total of 55 Duty officers "unpacked i used all the packs" 40 of them are just white doffs
    - 6 box's of useless deflectors
    - 2 1k XP boost
    - 2 2k XP boost
    - 1 10k XP boost

now is this list worth 35dollars to you?! well not in my book, i know they had a chance but this low that's sorry not worth it to me and yes i won't buy them any more. really thought the things that come out of a box would have bin fair but this is not fair in my book anyways in the end it was a gamble and i clearly lost! like everything els in life you have to experience it before you can avoid it the next time.
    you speak of cryptic is working hard for there money, you find that working hard for there money, reusing models, selling box'es that are not worth the pollygons there made of.
    before you start yelling "REUSING MODELS" i'll explain, fleet ships cos 2000 zen, 4 times 500 zen for a item you need to buy em, yes, the models are the same as the normal ships they just have more consoles spots, you find that hard work?
    making the winter event that is hard work, sort of speak, they did use most of the first map, and some reward are used models BUT i don't complain about them cus its FUN.
    anyways i can go on and on, none seems to see it my way and that is fine everyone has its own view on things i'm not here to judge was simple asking for everyone opinion.
  • duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    they are at the exchange. isn't that enough?
    edited December 2012
    duaths1 wrote: »
    they are at the exchange. isn't that enough?

look i think i don't write english here ?! i know i said i wanted the ship(s) but that's not the point here i want to make its the other stuff you get out of the box, look at my list, is that list 35dollars worth to you?

Yes i expected a ship out one of the box's (that's the gambling part of the box) but cryptic claims that the other rewards have at-least the value of the key you need to open it. or that the box gives at-least the value of the key. not sure about you but that's not an impressive list.
    oh and it seems that everyone that reply's assumes i open the box's like a crazy man and that i start to complain about them, no its the first time and the last time, that list was not impressive to get me hooked to buy more keys and open them. well i'm lie'ing i will open atleast 3-4 more box's then i have the lobi cryst to buy what i want from the lobi store again.
    i bought the whipe and now seek to buy the skirt for the ferengi char. but know this after them not one i will open ever again.
    your suggestion of buying a ship from exchange is well noted, few others even said that to me before i wanted to open the 30 box's, but i wanted to gamble for the ship i just did not expected that the rest of the rewards wer that crappy.
    ohwell 70million credits it is for the exchange, and i don't play 24/7 so i'll take what 6months to get it. i can't grind hours on hours i do have other things to do in my life and i'm not that great at games to start with either.
    edited December 2012
    no sir this thread was not meant to be flame wars!
    i'll explain my frustration. i bought zen, bought 30 keys that's 35dollar worth of keys give or take. tryed my luck like any other guy. what did i get

- 142 lobi crystals
    - a total of 55 Duty officers "unpacked i used all the packs" 40 of them are just white doffs
    - 2 1k XP boost
    - 2 2k XP boost
    - 1 10k XP boost

now is this list worth 35dollars to you?! well not in my book, i know they had a chance but this low that's sorry not worth it to me and yes i won't buy them any more. really thought the things that come out of a box would have bin fair but this is not fair in my book anyways in the end it was a gamble and i clearly lost! like everything els in life you have to experience it before you can avoid it the next time.
    you speak of cryptic is working hard for there money, you find that working hard for there money, reusing models, selling box'es that are not worth the pollygons there made of.
    before you start yelling "REUSING MODELS" i'll explain, fleet ships cos 2000 zen, 4 times 500 zen for a item you need to buy em, yes, the models are the same as the normal ships they just have more consoles spots, you find that hard work?
    making the winter event that is hard work, sort of speak, they did use most of the first map, and some reward are used models BUT i don't complain about them cus its FUN.
    anyways i can go on and on, none seems to see it my way and that is fine everyone has its own view on things i'm not here to judge was simple asking for everyone opinion.

You should have sold those keys on the exchange. You could have made enough to get any of the lockbox ships other than the bug ship, and had some EC left over. Don't QQ because you didn't win the lottery.
    edited December 2012

- 142 lobi crystals
    - 2 1k XP boost
    - 2 2k XP boost
    - 1 10k XP boost

now is this list worth 35dollars to you?! well not in my book

Buying key you were aware that it's lottery. Sorry you lose, that happened, that how lotteries work.
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I am getting tired of this "Just put them in the C-store" debate constantly coming up. Do I believe CBS has some say in it. Yes, I do. It has been said time and again, it is not IP appropriate to have these ships readily available. Do you see the US sailing British ships? Nope. And they are out biggest allies. Why on earth would a Starfleet/Klingon Captain be flying a Jem'hadar (Cardassian/Ferengi) ship. Heck, one of the federation missions has the Klingons getting upset cause you commandeered one of their BoPs, which you crew readily admits there is little point in keeping, cause you know pretty much all there is to know about it.

Does it happen that a power gets someone elses tech? Did it happen in the Shows? Yep. But everyone and their uncle wasn't going around flying a Jem'hadar attack ship.

So yes, I do believe CBS has some level of how common they think these ships should be. Lockboxes, like it or not is how PWE/Cryptic worked within the restrictions CBS places to allow popular non-faction ships to none the less be flown in their game. That is not going to change and constantly demanding it because you want the ship (without the lottery) isn't going to help. If anything it hurts your position, because all it does is prove to CBS that if given the opportunity, everyone and their mother WOULD be flying these ships.
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    dkratasco wrote: »
    I was thinking that after reading the first post.

Buy Zen for Master Keys, sell them on the Exchange, buy lockbox rewards from the Exchange.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Isn't it about time people quit whinging about this? Hell, I'm not exactly fond of the lock boxes myself (having spent close to ?30 on a bunch of keys some time ago). Out of all the keys I've purchased, and all the boxes I've opened, I've never once got more than Duty Officers, Lobi Crystals or Skill Point Boosts.

I've also transferred a fair bit of dilithium to zen for the cause too, and again have purchased a whole bunch of keys though this route. Alas, once again, in an unsuccessful attempt. I would easily say I've opened well over 100 boxes in my time, though not once have I been lucky. I transferred dilithium because I refused to spend real money on chance. Chance wasn't working out for me in the slightest, so I figured I needed a cheaper route if I was going to get anywhere. As it turns out, that didn't work either.

As of last week, I devised a new strategy. Save using dilithium for zen, I'd go right into the exchange and buy some unlock keys from there (most of which came in at around 1.2 million a piece). I think, over the last two weeks or so, I've probably got through 25 - 35 keys, and again, nothing. I even exchanged just enough dilithium (again to zen) for a single 10-pack, though to no avail.

Did I come here and whine like a little kid? No. I figure the next best course of action is, as suggested, is to simply save up enough energy credits and buy the ship outright on the exchange. For most people, the lock boxes will TRIBBLE you over (as they have done me) but they are doing their purpose, people are buying them, and some are selling them on (maybe they like their energy credits). Whatever the reason, it's probably the lock boxes that are keeping the game going at the moment, because without them, the team wouldn't be getting as much money.

Thus, if you're not happy with the lock box results, do something about it instead of whining on here. You've not guaranteed a new nice ship, and Cryptic aren't obligated to give you one. You unlock these boxes and are either lucky, or unlucky. Nobody is forcing your hand in the matter, if you put real money into the game to buy the keys which in turn give you nothing, that's just tough luck. Suck it up.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • xantrisxantris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Everyone can have every ship. You can buy them via EC. It's just about making them moderately difficult to get instead of handing over $20.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    xantris wrote: »
    Everyone can have every ship. You can buy them via EC. It's just about making them moderately difficult to get instead of handing over $20.
    The problem though, is a lot of people want their toys now. Saving up what was (last I checked) around 65-75 million energy credits will take some doing, but in the end, you'll get that reward. The problem with most people is they want their new ship now, and lock boxes are the fastest way to get them per demand, though you've of course got to be lucky when you're unlocking them.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    look i think i don't write english here ?! i know i said i wanted the ship(s) but that's not the point here i want to make its the other stuff you get out of the box, look at my list, is that list 35dollars worth to you?

Yes i expected a ship out one of the box's (that's the gambling part of the box) but cryptic claims that the other rewards have at-least the value of the key you need to open it. or that the box gives at-least the value of the key. not sure about you but that's not an impressive list.
    oh and it seems that everyone that reply's assumes i open the box's like a crazy man and that i start to complain about them, no its the first time and the last time, that list was not impressive to get me hooked to buy more keys and open them. well i'm lie'ing i will open atleast 3-4 more box's then i have the lobi cryst to buy what i want from the lobi store again.
    i bought the whipe and now seek to buy the skirt for the ferengi char. but know this after them not one i will open ever again.
    your suggestion of buying a ship from exchange is well noted, few others even said that to me before i wanted to open the 30 box's, but i wanted to gamble for the ship i just did not expected that the rest of the rewards wer that crappy.
    ohwell 70million credits it is for the exchange, and i don't play 24/7 so i'll take what 6months to get it. i can't grind hours on hours i do have other things to do in my life and i'm not that great at games to start with either.

Wait a second - Cryptic never said you will get the value back from your key - in fact they never give any odds of winning the ship or how much lobi per box either.

Back when the Temporal Lock-box came out a player Levi3 did an experiment with 250 keys and recorded everything he got.

He got - NO ship out of 250 boxes(but other player results added to his the STOwiki was able to figure out the odds where about 1/180 of getting the ship)

He avg 5.5 lobi per box

So your 35 dollars is just a drop in the bucket to what some people pay. Although he was doing it just to show how terrible the results actually were since Cryptic does not have to release them for their gambling device.

P.S. On a side note I talked to Levi3 in game a few days back - was chatting in Zone chat on the starbase with some other people in their starbase and he came on and asked who we were - he did not know the the zone chat was for every Fed starbase and was wondering who was in his Solo base - LOL!

But even more crazy - He's back building again after taking 6 weeks off after Finishing his tier 3 solo starbase - he now is half-way to TIER 4!! And expects to have a Tier 4 solo starbase completed for the 3rd anniversry - talk about craziness - a solo Tier 4 starbase!
  • srspellssrspells Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    i mean dont we all know this buy now, I mean I just spend money on game cause I like it, I have my lock box ships and doff pack ships, I even have the breen ship.

point is people pay for what they want.
    -Spells
    || Open Door Policy ||
    | Dues Ex Mechina |
    Fleet Leader
  • dma1986dma1986 Member Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You should have sold those keys on the exchange. You could have made enough to get any of the lockbox ships other than the bug ship, and had some EC left over.
    They bought 30 keys.

Exchange price for a key is usually in the 1.2-1.4M mark. So they'd have AT MOST 45M ec to spend. Never mind "get any of the lockbox ships other than the bug ship", I don't think there is one lockbox ship you can buy for 45M ec, excluding Mirror vessels and the Tuffli (which isn't technically a lockbox ship anyway).

I do agree with the sentiment that buying Z-store stuff to resell is the most cost-effective way to get a lockbox ship on average, but you'll need considerably more than 30 to get anything worthwhile (unless you have very good timing and pick up an "oops, missed a zero" bargain ;)).
  • born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    dma1986 wrote: »
    They bought 30 keys.

Exchange price for a key is usually in the 1.2-1.4M mark. So they'd have AT MOST 45M ec to spend. Never mind "get any of the lockbox ships other than the bug ship", I don't think there is one lockbox ship you can buy for 45M ec, excluding Mirror vessels and the Tuffli (which isn't technically a lockbox ship anyway).

I do agree with the sentiment that buying Z-store stuff to resell is the most cost-effective way to get a lockbox ship on average, but you'll need considerably more than 30 to get anything worthwhile (unless you have very good timing and pick up an "oops, missed a zero" bargain ;)).

I bought 2 Temporal sci vessels a week ago for $40 million each. They were $100 million when the boxes came out same as Recluse carrier - but if you wait a month or 2 they usuall drop in price by half.