test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gangnam style Emote?

2»

Comments

• crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Immersion in this game? Seriousness? You must jest. There is more shoot first talk second in this game then TOS. There is no true immersive part of this game. The shoot them up take in this game was not the basis of star trek. Every situation in this gfame except for one part where you choose a ferengi's fate ( you all know you shoot her.. Dont even try saying otherwise you fkn liers lol). The level of exploration and contact with new species is rediculous and most of the time instead of diplomacy is finished with a torp spread. There is more combat in sto then JJ TREK.

OPPA KLINGON STYLE...Q'PLA!

I vote no and have nothing to do with it. First IMO this post should be in 10 forward not in this forum. Second, there are many more emotes much better than this 3rd world ugly lyrics. Third, why create political controversy when a third world singer bashes America...in his words, PSY rapped: "Kill those f---ing Yankees who have been torturing Iraqi captives... Kill their daughters, mothers, daughters-in-law and fathers."

Is this what gets idolized? So sad when things are ignored by most and what some idolize and send countless of US dollars others to enrich their pockets dont know the real truth. Just my opinion and salute others who disagree since this is America and I love this nation....unlike this punk who made millions out of us (Yankees) already :mad:
    DUwNP.gif

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yeah I have to agree with Crusader there. Psy may be a good rapper, but he's not a good person.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    No rapper is a "good " person

look at Ice T
    Vanilla ice
    Doctor G
    Ray Zorr

All hate police and talk about "slapping" their women

Rappers are pretty much by definition Bad people

but its a catchy dance move (and as an emote belongs either in this area or "Art" )
    #
    Live long and Prosper
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    He is not a good rapper, I watched some of this for the first time yesterday and turned it off after 20 seconds, it was so horrible I couldn't stand it anymore. Really sad to see how low society has sunken that garbage like this could be so popular. So no we don't need this nonsense in game.

I think it could be just part of the fad where everyone likes horrible singers like that Chinese guy from American Idol that was popular for being horrible to.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I watched a gangnam video on youtube and I can't bring myself to call it a "dance". I could see better dance style watching zombies in 28 Days Later.
    edited December 2012
    There are no Zombies in 28 days later (those are "infected" humans )

and they don't dance at all
    Live long and Prosper
  • kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    sollvax wrote: »
    There are no Zombies in 28 days later (those are "infected" humans )

and they don't dance at all

Kind of my point.
    edited December 2012
    There are dancing zombies in Day of the dead
    oh and micky jacksons thriller (boy was THAT bad)
    Live long and Prosper
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    No rapper is a "good " person

look at Ice T
    Vanilla ice
    Doctor G
    Ray Zorr

All hate police and talk about "slapping" their women

Rappers are pretty much by definition Bad people

but its a catchy dance move (and as an emote belongs either in this area or "Art" )
    #
    Really? Try listening to dcTalk, Tobymac, Jars of Clay, or Irocc Williams.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    In Qo'nos there should be a big screen showing Klingon style! Real video I saw once.

Nb: that video is only avaible to americans, only reason I saw it was that someone "copied and pasted" them it got removed
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    jumpingjs wrote: »
    In Qo'nos there should be a big screen showing Klingon style! Real video I saw once.

Nb: that video is only avaible to americans, only reason I saw it was that someone "copied and pasted" them it got removed

You mean this one -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CayMeza487M ? :)
  • abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    DOnt care what anyone says, got my vote. I wanna Gangnam on my fleet base
  • foschiadanzantefoschiadanzante Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    marc8219 wrote: »
    Still haven't watched it and don't plan to ever watch anything that is K-pop.

PSY and Idol Groups, which is what I do asume you did mean by K-Pop, are two completely different things.

Third, why create political controversy when a third world singer bashes America...in his words, PSY rapped: "Kill those f---ing Yankees who have been torturing Iraqi captives... Kill their daughters, mothers, daughters-in-law and fathers."
    Yeah I have to agree with Crusader there. Psy may be a good rapper, but he's not a good person.

The both of you should do your research. The song you do reference did came after an incident in which american soldiers did kill two fourteen years old girls during combat exercises. The lyrics did nothing but to pretty much express how the entire nation did feel about the United States at the time.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What would you guys think of a Gangnam style emote ??

You asking for something like this sollvax? That's just a tad out of character for you no? :P

But as for the emote itself, sure why not? :D
    edited January 2013
    Contray to popular belief im not "anti joy"
    I am happy to see dancing
    Singing
    people having snowball fights

as long as they are wearing clothes
    Live long and Prosper
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,866 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    lianthelia wrote: »
    NO! Oh god no please never!

Quote for 2013!
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    as long as they are wearing clothes

But that doesn't fill me with joy. :(
    edited January 2013
    Sorry

perhaps someone could recomend another game with Nudity for you??
    Live long and Prosper
    edited January 2013
    Sorry

perhaps someone could recomend another game with Nudity for you??

These are the voyages of the starship Joseph Smith...
    edited January 2013
    not supposed to discuss religions however obscure
    Live long and Prosper
  • cakeballscakeballs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Terrible idea. Knowing that the dance is copy-written, PWE will have a hard time explaining it to the artists of PSY.:rolleyes:
    edited January 2013
    cakeballs wrote: »
    Terrible idea. Knowing that the dance is copy-written, PWE will have a hard time explaining it to the artists of PSY.:rolleyes:

It is not unheard of for Korean MMOs to have dances or even songs by popular artists and idols on their games, or to have them endorse them. For example IU did recently sign up to endorse (that game about winged people and a tower of eternity whose name the forum for some reason does censor) and SECRET did a few photoshoots and endorsements for Blade & Soul, which did also use their song Shy Boy on one of the trailers along a little dance routine based on SECRET's own. Both IU and SECRET are currently Top Tier in the K-Pop scene.

Being a chinese company Perfect World could have it a little harder but not by much as both 'the big three' and several smaller companies do work in close association with both chinese and japanese companies.

And there's the point PSY's parent company (was it YG? I am not sure right now) does want to take advantage of Gangnam Style's viral success to start expanding more openly on the western markets, which would give it a clear advantage after how badly did SM, JYP, and the like fail in doing so.
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'd stll rather have a cheerleader style emote, with the use of tribbles as pompoms. That would be cheesy enough for me.

Or an emote where the characters head pops off.

Or an emote where the character drops to his/her knees yelling "Whyyyyyy!!?" With his/hers arms raised ala Sgt. Elias from Platoon. Would fit those failing redshirts.
    /Floozy
  • tribblequeentribblequeen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I would soo love to have this emote! :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    STO Member Since November 2010 | Tribbles are Friends NOT Food!
  • ramos40kramos40k Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    No, pls no!
  • timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ramos40k wrote: »
    No, pls no!

I'm in agreement.