test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Silenced?

I don't really know where to put this, but I got silenced for saying, "I was in Bell's fleet once, I took all the mirror universe ships from his bank." He's my friend, and we were messing around, we were both laughing and having a good time, then I can't talk anymore? WTF? YOU'RE GMs ARE ****ING ABUSING THEIR POWERS. **** YOU CRYPTIC, AND **** ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH YOU. UN SILENCE ME ***** TRIBBLE MOTHER ****ERS.
Post edited by younghustler on

Comments

• herbie1966herbie1966 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Perhaps your colorful language was the problem and not the conversation itself?
  • younghustleryounghustler Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    damn, my post got censored baaad. raging aside, ive never met a person in STO whod wanna ignore me, not even playing. just un silence me, i didnt do anything wrong.
  • kobayashlmarukobayashlmaru Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Were you in zone/local chat or in a private channel? If you said something like that in a public chat people will think you are a bank thief, and likely reported you.

Moreover, I doubt any GM took part in this. Your anger is misguided, and honestly concerning.
    Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor
  • zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Welcome to the Foundry Forums
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You confessed to a "Crime" indeed a crime most players would blow you out of an airlock for

Bank theft
    Thats right up there with AFK in an Elite Stf ,Flash driving and Genocide
    Live long and Prosper
    edited December 2012
    It was a joke, in zone, at the end of the statement, i put "lol, jk"... so silenced? O.o
    edited December 2012
    "Why did kirk cross the road?? because no one had been before"
    is a joke
    Live long and Prosper
    edited December 2012
    Also, it's a 24 hour silence... wth?
    sollvax wrote: »
    "Why did kirk cross the road?? because no one had been before"
    is a joke

Try again
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    zorbane wrote: »
    Welcome to the Foundry Forums

lol :D

It was a joke, in zone, at the end of the statement, i put "lol, jk"... so silenced? O.o

Dont worry ,you should have asked for a pic with the as**** to see how a humanoid baboon looks like.That kind of people can make a chimp look smart.
    edited December 2012
    you got off lightly
    in future don't claim even as a joke to be a thief
    Live long and Prosper
  • vinru821vinru821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    the mods are just following their little rules, don't be offended.
    :eek:
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    you got off lightly

may I ask where you read what is on and what is off ?I dont remember any zone chat rules when you open the chat.

what about superman?Can I claim Im superman?If I can why I cant claim to be a thief ?
    edited December 2012
    you got off lightly

I can get silenced for saying im a thief? what else can i be silenced for? maybe saying i like ponies, or maybe because i voted for a black guy. ooh, i know ill get banned for saying i love my wife. yay!
  • kobayashlmarukobayashlmaru Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I can get silenced for saying im a thief? what else can i be silenced for? maybe saying i like ponies, or maybe because i voted for a black guy. ooh, i know ill get banned for saying i love my wife. yay!

The answer is yes to all of the above. You were most likely silenced because you said something that offended a handful of other players, I doubt a moderator played any part. If you are afraid of being silenced, hold your conversations in private channels or limit yourself to tells instead.

You probably offended a few fleeties who were burned by a bank thief in the past and didn't like your boasting. Honestly, it's just 24 hours, not like you got a permanent ban or anything.
    Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor
  • zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    reyan01 wrote: »

Try again

If I was joking, I would say: "A horse walks into a bar. The bartender says, 'Why the long face?'"
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • herbie1966herbie1966 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    ...I'm off my feed today. :P