test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fleet Marks

littlemonchichilittlemonchichi Member Posts: 103 Arc User
Is there no chance to give the Dude ath the Fleetbase higher reward??
The Fleetmissions are overloaded with Leecher they beam everywhere and nowhere.
To complete one of this Missions to get the full reward is at the moment a small miracle!

It's hard enough to get Dilithium and Ec's for the needed things.

It would help small fleets if at least here would be an easier way to get one needed component.
The fact that this would be a good reason to visit the starbase more often than now is another.

For small Fleets is grinding Fleet Marks AND Dilithium a nightmare!
You try it a time, but after noticing this is like a 2. job you give up!
"Be excellent to each other and Party on Dudes!"
Post edited by littlemonchichi on

Comments

• Options
    frontline2042frontline2042 Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    theres a daily fleet action (random between The Big Dig, Klingon Scout Force, and Gorn Minefield) that gives you 50 marks. you also get 50 marks from doing the investigate officer reports (though only missions that take longer than 15 minutes count for this), so its not as impossible as you think. Yes, it still takes a long time to get enough marks to fill out what you need for your starbase but it's a lot better than the pathetic amount we get from the fleet missions.
    Ignorance is an obstacle not an excuse
    Let the stupid suffer
  • Options
    olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    There are a few of us that farm and sell fleet marks. If you need them that bad, a deal may be reached. I know, how do you sell fleet marks? Easy

I join the fleet. You pay me X for X marks. I place the marks in whichever project you want me to. Done.

Right now I am in the process of paying off a fleet that allowed me to access all their weapons, both ground and space so I am providing them with marks to fund their projects.

If buying isn't your thing. Try and get those dailies done. They give a good amount of fleet marks. And if you think the projects are bad now for a smaller fleet...wait till you approach t3.
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • Options
    edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    olivia211 wrote: »
    There are a few of us that farm and sell fleet marks. If you need them that bad, a deal may be reached. I know, how do you sell fleet marks? Easy

I join the fleet. You pay me X for X marks. I place the marks in whichever project you want me to. Done.

Right now I am in the process of paying off a fleet that allowed me to access all their weapons, both ground and space so I am providing them with marks to fund their projects.

If buying isn't your thing. Try and get those dailies done. They give a good amount of fleet marks. And if you think the projects are bad now for a smaller fleet...wait till you approach t3.

It would be cool if they would allow you to pack those marks in a box and sell it on exchange.It would make your way of trading alot easier and create a competition .
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I doubt that will ever happen. PWE wants to keep people playing the game, doing instances. The market for this sort of selling is small, but it does happen. I don't mind being on the move constantly as far as fleets. The only benefit I have seen in them is occasionally some fleets allow me to purchase fleet weapons and such in exchange for the marks. I have found a couple of friends, but in the fleets I have been in there isn't much socialization. Maybe it's just me. Maybe I expect too much from a fleet.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I doubt that will ever happen. PWE wants to keep people playing the game, doing instances. The market for this sort of selling is small, but it does happen. I don't mind being on the move constantly as far as fleets. The only benefit I have seen in them is occasionally some fleets allow me to purchase fleet weapons and such in exchange for the marks. I have found a couple of friends, but in the fleets I have been in there isn't much socialization. Maybe it's just me. Maybe I expect too much from a fleet.

Pwe wants to wait in game not play the game.Ive yet to see a reason why fleet/reputation system should have a 20 hours cool down on projects .

Also trading stuffs should be allowed.It is your work and more freedom makes the game better not more rules and stuffs like that.Also trading will allow to see the true value of stuffs in game (in this case marks).
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    adrianm63 wrote: »
    Pwe wants to wait in game not play the game.Ive yet to see a reason why fleet/reputation system should have a 20 hours cool down on projects .

Also trading stuffs should be allowed.It is your work and more freedom makes the game better not more rules and stuffs like that.Also trading will allow to see the true value of stuffs in game (in this case marks).

The waiting is there simply to slow progression.

As far as various items like fleet marks, the market has already decided a price on them. It is whatever people are willing to pay to get ahead. Right now the price is about 5k ec per mark. Yes, seems excessive, but for people with more ec than time or fleet members it's a viable option. Also, I will sometimes trade the marks for an opportunity to purchase fleet items like DOFFs or weapons. God knows my tuffli needs a mark XII deflector.
  • Options
    yakumosmithyakumosmith Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Confirming there needs to be a market of some kind.

Currently my base has a need for over 3500 FM's, all other aspects of the projects are completed. I'm happy to trade EC for marks, but it's difficult for buyer and seller to get in touch as there isn't a specific "sell" forum available and you risk being branded as a spammer (or worse) when you try fishing in zone chat.

What we really need is a chat channel where buyers and sellers can get together. something like "FM Sales" for example.
  • Options
    ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Confirming there needs to be a market of some kind.

actually this wouldnt be a bad idea. I had a forum topic on the reputation system's bad pricing compared to eachother, and this would be quite a solution.

a "Mark Exchange", that works like the dilithium exchange, except here you sell marks for other marks (or marks for dilithium, it could work many ways)

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    After I am done with my current deal, I may be able to help some of you out. Right now I am not flush with marks as I have been putting them all into the deal I am currently working.

Just keep in mind I do not like to haggle. Right now I am in very high demand so I can pretty much ask for as much as I want, although I do not like to charge ridiculous amounts for my marks. Just to give you an idea, I am looking to trade some marks to a tier 4 fleet in exchange for access to a new fleet ship (I will of course provide my own FSM as needed). Not many t4 fleets out there really need my services though. Feel free to add me in game if you think you might need some marks here in the near future. I am usually on my Reign character. If I do not have the amount of marks you need, I do know a couple of other people who dabble in this business. Keep in mind, we all charge pretty much the same thing.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    As far as various items like fleet marks, the market has already decided a price on them. It is whatever people are willing to pay to get ahead. Right now the price is about 5k ec per mark. Yes, seems excessive, but for people with more ec than time or fleet members it's a viable option. Also, I will sometimes trade the marks for an opportunity to purchase fleet items like DOFFs or weapons. God knows my tuffli needs a mark XII deflector.

So why we should not be allowed to sell our work for ec in a normal legit way via exchange?

You should be allowed to value your work on exchange.Remember that most mmos have their own economy and some people like to play with that economy.I know sto is not eve online but it should have some of eve style simply because it gives more freedom,there are many eve players in sto ,it will give new thing to do in game like trade (your marks in this case or other unique/rare stuffs you have and other want)
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I guess, from an RP standpoint, fleet marks are possibly looked at as small trophies, similar to OEMGA and Rom marks. Perhaps being allowed to sell said trophies may be frowned upon by most worlds, races. I know if I gave someone a trophy and they turned around and sold it, I would get a little annoyed with that.

Still, I know what you are saying. Ultimately fleet marks are a commodity and right now, they simply aren't giving us a way to sell those on the exchange so we had to form our own market. We could sit here and discuss selling marks on the exchange till we are blue in the face, but it will not change the current situation. If and when they allow us to sell on the exchange, I will gladly sell there. Until then, it is me and a very small group of the STO population that does this.

If you feel this should change, definitely let the DEVs know about it.
  • Options
    kokushibyokokushibyo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The waiting is there simply to slow progression.

5K eh? That means I'm sitting on about 300 million ec worth of marks. That is, if you're after Klingon marks of course. ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    kokushibyo wrote: »
    5K eh? That means I'm sitting on about 300 million ec worth of marks. That is, if you're after Klingon marks of course. ;)

That's the supposed value on FED side. I can't speak for KDF as I never play my one KDF character. I have come across people who refuse to pay it so I just move on. I never argue with them or haggle. Why? There will always be someone out there willing to pay it or, if i wish, to give me access to their gear. I am not desperate for ec so if they don't wanna deal, I don't really care. I can just save up my marks and collect more till I come across someone who wants to make the deal.
  • Options
    yakumosmithyakumosmith Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    On the flip side, there are lots of high end DoFFers out there swimming in marks. There are also a fair few dilithium alts who have FM's as a by product of the officer dailies.

The main problem with determining the value of FM's is down to lack of any market. At the moment it's just a few people doing it, so they can charge what they want.

I personally wouldn't pay 5k per mark. I'll plod on slowly and wait until the No win scenario walkthough is released. At the higher levels, it generates a fair few marks and will either flood this type of market, or create an option for players to generate sufficient FM's themselves.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I personally wouldn't pay 5k per mark.

I have run into people who also do not want to pay that amount. As with any market, the price could decrease, but right now I am making too much money on it. For every person that refuses to pay me, I have another waiting and willing.