test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Simple idea for managing doff army.

ourmasterourmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Duty Officer System and R&D
If you have more than 100 doffs, sorting good ones and bad ones can be very tedious. I sort them as everyone else by profession, quality and traits. But there could be a better way.

Save the last time when doff finished mission.
This takes only 4B (Timestamp) of storing space per doff. You can then order doffs by this value. Doffs that haven't bean on mission very long are probably unimportant ones.

Other improved would be, storing doff average day working hours.
This would take another 4B of storing space. In this variable store total time doff has bean assigned to mission (updated on end of the mission). Now you can compute working load [= assigned / (now - recruited)]. So you can see that doff "Workaholic" is working 10h a day and doff "Slacker" is working 5s a day. Which one is more important?

Someone could say that, it is just statistics. It can be wrong in some special case, when you have doff for mission, that you run only once per year. That is true. But this is for managing doffs army. If you have such special doff, you would probably know, which one it is.
Post edited by ourmaster on

Comments

• Options
    aestuaestu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Your ideas are really good and also totally irrelevant. There isn't a shortage of good ideas for improving the doff management tools, there's a shortage of inclination from the dev team to implement any of them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    #1 is an ok idea

#2: how are you going to calculate an average when you don't store data from multiple days?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    ourmasterourmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    #2: how are you going to calculate an average when you don't store data from multiple days?

Formula is already in OP.

[= assigned / (now - recruited)]

now - current date and time
    recruited - date time when doff has bean recruited or bought etc.
    assigned - total time doff stay on assigned (update on end of mission)

You don't really need store data from multiple days, if you are going only to sum them. You can store the sum instead. This is always case, if you calculate any average value of anything. If you want modus, median or percentile, then yes, you would need data for each day.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The point I was making is that you still need some way to store the information. Storing a total works I guess, but even so I don't see it as all that useful.

I'd rather they add a page that gives us a breakdown of how many of each specialty we have and what rarities they are. It's tedious collecting that information manually.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg