test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is Foundry having problems?

coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
Ever since we've got foundry back I've been having all sorts of trouble.

Characters I need to speak to disappearing, ships I need to destroy never getting spawned. I've just spent a good 45 mins trying to do the officer reports daily and never completed a single mission because every one I pick breaks on me.

Has anyone else been having trouble like this?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    coupaholic wrote: »
    Ever since we've got foundry back I've been having all sorts of trouble.

Characters I need to speak to disappearing, ships I need to destroy never getting spawned. I've just spent a good 45 mins trying to do the officer reports daily and never completed a single mission because every one I pick breaks on me.

Has anyone else been having trouble like this?

season 7 broke our missions. There is supposedly a fix on tribble. It hasn't been pushed to holodeck.

I'd be surprised if you can complete a single mission.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited November 2012
    My mission "Somewhere in Time" works. I can't really say why it does and some other's don't. In any case Kirksplat is correct there is a fix on Tribble. I would hope they'll push that this week.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So a fix is on the way? Well that's good, it won't be long until I finish everything the vanilla game has to offer.

Thanks for shedding light on the situation peeps.
  • Options
    skaldraskaldra Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My foundry "create content" button is greyed out still, how are you using it?

My missions still work, but when S7 came out it moved lots of my objects and contacts around the map... rather annoying to have my foundry missions still published with these issues and I cant even go in to fix them! Im just waiting for my mission ratings to fall now. 5stars to 4stars already...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    INQUISITOR CRUSHER
    Director of Marketing
    ELITE FORCES COMMAND
  • Options
    whitecloud197whitecloud197 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thanks for the heads up on this, today I decided I will try my first hand at making a foundry mission But perhaps I will have to wait until these previously stated issues are fixed?
  • Options
    duntyrduntyr Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    When a mission breaks I will abort it then reenter it, click through the completed steps and usually this fixes the problem...usually...mostly...sometimes.
  • Options
    ajstonerajstoner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The vanishing NPC bug was always there and would crop up now and again, but since S7 it has been overwhelming.

I don't know if it's related, but I actually disappeared myself in an STF a few days back. I wasn't on screen and could only move (sorta). It went away when I logged off and back on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ajstoner wrote: »
    The vanishing NPC bug was always there and would crop up now and again, but since S7 it has been overwhelming.

I don't know if it's related, but I actually disappeared myself in an STF a few days back. I wasn't on screen and could only move (sorta). It went away when I logged off and back on.

Everybody I have proof AJStoner is actually an NPC
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • Options
    ajstonerajstoner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    zorbane wrote: »
    Everybody I have proof AJStoner is actually an NPC

You are clever for an organic, zorbane; but your victory is a sadly pyrrhic one. Since I have now been exposed as a rogue AI, I am left with little choice but to destroy the planet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ajstoner wrote: »
    You are clever for an organic, zorbane; but your victory is a sadly pyrrhic one. Since I have now been exposed as a rogue AI, I am left with little choice but to destroy the planet.

Helm, set a course for Earth...maximum warp.

/derails thread
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited November 2012
    It all makes sense now. ajstoner = Skynet!
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    hehe... I liked T: TSCC!

Anyways... one minor issue I've seen is that sometimes enemy space mobs would respawn, but that's usually a minor issue as they don't do it endlessly. It only seems to happen if your mission is to kill several groups. Also.... you can simply kill the first group repeatedly to acheive the objective then they ALL go away, usually permanently.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg