test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Literary Challenge #33 Discussion Thread

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited December 2012 in Ten Forward
Literary Challenge #33 : New Romulus
This is the comments thread for Literary Challenge #33 : New Romulus.
We also have an Index of previous challenges HERE.

Feel free to link directly to the entry you are commenting on. And please remember: we're not here to tear each other up. Do not troll your fellow Captains, give feedback! Let the others know what you liked and disliked. Maybe they can even go back then and tweak their entries!

Let's get those creative juices flowing! :cool:
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    takeshi6takeshi6 Member Posts: 752 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Interesting challenge.

I assume that we should play a little bit of New Romulus in-game before we write out this challenge?

I have a character I could use for this one, but I want to have her go through New Romulus for a bit, first. :D
    76561198160276582.png
  • Options
    marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Done...

For ease of reference/visualization, here're the actors I would cast if I was filming this tomorrow...

Rynar Lambert - Stephen Moyer
    Amanda Palmer - Courtney Cox
    S'rR's Kane - Amy Smart
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    If I'm not mistaken, this is my first one. :D

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    amurorx0amurorx0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Took a new direction on this one, in that it comes from a relatively new character on the ship, a lowly engineer who went through hell and is now helping to pick up the pieces while the captains all get to be the face of Starfleet, while he's left on the grindstone.

As always, critique is encouraged and appreciated, even if it is short :D
    Ikuzo, Trombe!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I dunno, i've been debating writing for this one but i haven't decided yet. While the new zone is pretty, i'm not really impressed and it seems like there's a lack of stuff to do other than a few daily grinds. If i did do this one it would probably be all character development but even then i'm still not sure what i'd do.
  • Options
    superhombre777superhombre777 Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    takeshi6 wrote: »
    Interesting challenge.

I assume that we should play a little bit of New Romulus in-game before we write out this challenge?

I have a character I could use for this one, but I want to have her go through New Romulus for a bit, first. :D

There's no need to make your story line up with the STO storyline.

Here is my entry:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=7024621&postcount=13

I made my entry a sequel to the Terra Nova literary challenge a few weeks ago. In that story, Section 31 basically stole the ship and no one knew what happened while the crew was unconscious. In this entry, Section 31 sets up a dialogue with a rogue Romulan who has dire news to share with the Federation...
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2012
    Feel free to continue discussion as I unstick this and post up #34.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=