test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Warp Core

jared3498jared3498 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
Deflector, impulse engines, shields, maybe add a warp core too. Because ships just need something to generate power to break the laws of physics. just an idea cryptic.
Post edited by jared3498 on

Comments

• Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i always wondered why we dont have warp core as ship part :(
  • Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    We have one its just "bog standard"
    as canonically any new warp core design goes critical and has to be shut down over 45 minutes
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    rgrgeomrgrgeom Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    warp cores would be cool. even if they were just limited to a few types that would affect your power levels or power transfer speed. maybe a standard one, a few that add a bonus to certain power setting (ie weapons, auxillary etc) and one that increases the power transfer like an eps does.
    Long Live The Empire!
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Because it would be too much like star fleet command series?

They mentioned. Few years ago that there engine couldn't do that.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Warp Core:

- Sector Space Speed (why is it that i need a borg impulse engine for Warp 20, i cant even get rid of the set in favor of another set because Sector Space travel feels SLOW then)

- Cooldown of Transwarps
    - Additional Transwarps to new sectors (Maybe the Excelsior would have it's own Trans-Warpcore?)
    - Duration/Cooldown of Slipstream / Slipstream speed

- Various different Visuals? (Engine Trails, Engine Glow-colors...)

+1 to wanting Warpcores, even if it is only so that i can keep my Warp 20 without being forced into using the Borg Set Engine (or swapping the engine everytime i enter sector space).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    chalpen wrote: »
    Because it would be too much like star fleet command series?

They mentioned. Few years ago that there engine couldn't do that.

Meaning they don't care and won't do it. I honestly don't believe that their engine can't add a working warp core when they have universal consoles that add power and give bonuses of other kinds. Adding one more equipment slot for a warp core is not impossible. Of course this argument is as old as this game has been running.
  • Options
    dalnar83dalnar83 Member Posts: 2,420 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It would be great to replace the default +power bonuses of ship classes with warp cores equipment. And add some performance / efficiencies for it to add more flavour.
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
  • Options
    sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There is a set of stats that are essentially how much power your ship's warp core puts out. If you want more power from your warp core, just allocate more points to the proper stats. Also take note that larger ships have more power available to them, because of their larger warp cores, so that's something else to consider.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • Options
    vikingraidervikingraider Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    the "engine" in this game is the warp core.... take it off your ship, go into space, and see what your power levels are... Also, look at the picture for the engines, thats a warp core. they should just rename it to "warp Core" and add a impulse engine as a new ship equip.

in Canon, the impulse engines actually ad very little to the power generation of the ship.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]