test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Yet another "Let use cancel projects" thread

lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
Yes It's another one of these. But with some suggestions.

I was processing through the 4 characters, I'm running through the reputation system. Everyone is at different stages. It's had to keep up with them all. In fact, I don't. Usually it's jsut queue up the next Reptation projects and feed it. But this morning, I rushed through and queued up Maco Mk X armor. Yes I know I should have been more careful and taken it slowers. And I should know better, I'm a systems administrator at work where a mistake can really TRIBBLE things up. But I'm human, this is the second time I've done it. And it will happen again.

Edit: Forget what I just typed. My suggests don't address the issue. The problem is player rush though the Reputation XP projects just to get them queue. They hit select on the first mission in the list and hit OK on the confirmation window as soon as it pops up. With human reaction time averaging 0.7 seconds. The OK click is done before the brain comprehends the mission they just queued.

So my solution is to annoy me (and other too). Put a 3-5 second timer on the confirmation window before they can hit OK. This is to let the player's brain some time to comprehend which project they selected. Yes it will be annoying until it save the player from queuing a mission they didn't really want to queue.
Post edited by lordfuzun on

Comments

• grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I would give you an contract that you owe me 70 dil no wories for me because as a ferengi I know you sign it because you Hu mans do not read before enter an paragraph !!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I just want a cancel button, cause I made the same mistake and qued up two requisition projects by accident, and HAD to do them, costing 250 omega marks EACH, ouch.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    As a workaround, it helps if you schedule your projects on the "next project" slot ahead of time. There you can still change it if you clicked the wrong one by accident (but even there you can't actually remove the projects, only replace them).
  • thratch1thratch1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm pretty sure I read on their blog that they were looking into allowing us to cancel projects.

The wording, though, implied that this wouldn't be one of the changes coming in the next patch this week... but maybe we'll get lucky.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • unknownmgxunknownmgx Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    stupidly put the omega 10 on research.. Yikes..

what a waste, why don't these show on character again?

would love a cancel button... and not waste 250 marks
  • piwright42piwright42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I foolishly queued up the convert 5 BNPs into 1000 dil. I think that is a double TRIBBLE kicker right there.

Meh, first I will put that toon in a Chimera, then I'll finish it out on that toon and move on.

Yup Ferengi would love me.
    If you are a pickle in a pickle jar you know every pickle's different, sort of, but really they're all just pickles...
    They taste the same.