test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Requirements for Reputation Consumables Missions

kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I was having a lot of fun with New Romulus until I hit a mission to get some Scorpion fighters.

Among other things, it required:

A. 30 white engineering or operations doffs
B. Rare blue: Hangar - Peregrine fighters

What made this so frustrating was a general lack of info on what was being asked for and where I could get it. The doffs were a slogfest, but luckily, I had a friend who had tons of doffs to give away. But this Peregrine fighter thing.

Was it a ship? A pet? Something from a reward pack or a lockbox?

First, I checked the exchange, where I found a reward pack (blue) - Peregrine Fighters. I bought it for a pretty sum of ECs.

Then, I discovered that the Peregrine fighter that I bought on the exchange was not the Peregrine fighter that the reputation system needed. I needed the "Hangar" one, so I just wasted a lot of ECs.

OK, so where to go? It sounds like a ship or a shuttle pet, so I checked out ship and shuttle reqs.

Then, after asking around in chat, someone told me that I could get it in the dilithium store. I found it there for 30k dilithium. Ouch. Then, after asking around some more, someone told me that I could get it at a different spot in the shipyard.

Finally, I found it for a few thousand ECs, which made me very thankful that I didn't spend 30k dilithium for something that costs 4500 ECs.

Now, I'm sure that some of this info is pretty obvious to some of you hardcore MMO players. You know where the all the different stuffz are located. For me, it's pretty frustrating having a requirement like this one, with few instructions on exactly what it is beyond "Rare blue Hanger - Peregrine Fighters."

So what did I get for the trade?

30 white doffs + Hangar Peregrine Fighters + Marks + more ECs (not counting the badly spent ones) = some Reputation XP and some Scorpion fighters.

Meh.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by kirksplat on

Comments

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Unless its a unique item, Mk XII, or the top level for an item, I will not buy it. I did not buy anything at Tier 1, I am buying the Cutting Beam Array and Zero-Point Energy Console at Tier 2, and there are some Mk XII store unlocks at Tier 3 that I will buy when I get there. A rare scorpion fighter hangar doesn't appeal to me at all. I just looked at its stats, went meh, and moved on.
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I kinda agree.

While I think, it's also part of an MMO to find out where everything is, it would be nice if the description of the item would include the store I need to find for it.

Like the fighter hangar: ship gear EC requisition. I can than go and find the vendor on my own, but at least I know which vendor I am looking for.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    yeah, was reading these and saw the smallprint - consumable

lol, you want hangar pets? Go for the romulan FE, you'll get consumable pets which go into the battery slot.. for free
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I guess we could use just "EC" requirements instead of all this TRIBBLE we have to stock. It's irritating, you have to go to a vendor to buy that stuff everyday, and in the meantime I have hundreds of millions EC sitting on my account. I'm just waisting my time because someone thought it was funny to require loads of commodities instead of credits. But it's not funny at all. :mad:
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • lokenpulganlokenpulgan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    I guess we could use just "EC" requirements instead of all this TRIBBLE we have to stock. It's irritating, you have to go to a vendor to buy that stuff everyday, and in the meantime I have hundreds of millions EC sitting on my account. I'm just waisting my time because someone thought it was funny to require loads of commodities instead of credits. But it's not funny at all. :mad:

what you complaining about? if you have hundreds of millions of EC's then you can buy the commodities without making a dent in your pocket.
  • psymantispsymantis Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    what you complaining about? if you have hundreds of millions of EC's then you can buy the commodities without making a dent in your pocket.

It's not the money but the hassle of finding where each item is for a new player.
  • andiros1andiros1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kirksplat wrote: »
    I was having a lot of fun with New Romulus until I hit a mission to get some Scorpion fighters.

Among other things, it required:

A. 30 white engineering or operations doffs
    B. Rare blue: Hangar - Peregrine fighters

What made this so frustrating was a general lack of info on what was being asked for and where I could get it. The doffs were a slogfest, but luckily, I had a friend who had tons of doffs to give away. But this Peregrine fighter thing.

Was it a ship? A pet? Something from a reward pack or a lockbox?

First, I checked the exchange, where I found a reward pack (blue) - Peregrine Fighters. I bought it for a pretty sum of ECs.

Then, I discovered that the Peregrine fighter that I bought on the exchange was not the Peregrine fighter that the reputation system needed. I needed the "Hangar" one, so I just wasted a lot of ECs.

OK, so where to go? It sounds like a ship or a shuttle pet, so I checked out ship and shuttle reqs.

Then, after asking around in chat, someone told me that I could get it in the dilithium store. I found it there for 30k dilithium. Ouch. Then, after asking around some more, someone told me that I could get it at a different spot in the shipyard.

Finally, I found it for a few thousand ECs, which made me very thankful that I didn't spend 30k dilithium for something that costs 4500 ECs.

Now, I'm sure that some of this info is pretty obvious to some of you hardcore MMO players. You know where the all the different stuffz are located. For me, it's pretty frustrating having a requirement like this one, with few instructions on exactly what it is beyond "Rare blue Hanger - Peregrine Fighters."

So what did I get for the trade?

30 white doffs + Hangar Peregrine Fighters + Marks + more ECs (not counting the badly spent ones) = some Reputation XP and some Scorpion fighters.

Meh.
    I have the same problem but I have not be able to find the rare blue fighter where did you got ours ?
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You get the fighter from the EC space equipment vendor at ESD/First City.

Also, what are people talking about? The scorpion fighters are not consumable, they're a permanent hangar item.

---post above is hevach's---

EDIT: Closed for necroing an old thread. Remember, if a thread has been inactive for 30 days, you should not post to it. Feel free to create a new thread on the subject if you would like to discuss further :) ~BranFlakes
This discussion has been closed.