test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

glowy bits, borgified bits?

princedimwitprincedimwit Member Posts: 230 Arc User
edited November 2012 in The Academy
There's a lot of things I see other ships have that I'd like:

The deflector dish with the pulsing light coming out of it. Sometimes it has hexes or something, other times it's a gold light other times, it's just a blue beam-y light. What's that?

I see some folks in sector space with a hex field around their ship like a bubble. What's that?

Why do some ships have borg devices all over them?

Can you change the color of your engine blooms?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by princedimwit on

Comments

• tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    those are special deflector/engines and such, assorted ones look different. the borg deflector looks kinda like a claw, the assimilated console sticks little bits on the ship, the shield makes your ship look more borgified, the engines is jsut something that sticks on your engine and turns that engines trail green.

the breen set im unsure of what it does, but i think it turns your engine trails a lighter blue.

the glowy deflector i think is the aegis, the bubbly shield is the maco shield i believe.
  • princedimwitprincedimwit Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Cool, thanks for all that!

What about the hulls and how they appear to shimmer with little bubbles or hexes?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You can check here on STOwiki, and each set has pictures of the set's effects; you can probably find your 'bubbly' hull easily :D

http://www.stowiki.org/Set
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    the reman shield i believe makes you glow bluish with small hexes on certain parts of the hsip.

the veteran ship skin also includes some glowyness. the aegis set makes the ship glowy as well. its mostly ships that make your ship glowy.
  • dbb00kw0rmdbb00kw0rm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    tenkari wrote: »
    the reman shield i believe makes you glow bluish with small hexes on certain parts of the hsip.

Reman shield is black, with pale-green hexes. It also changes your ship's contrails green and adds sections that reflect blue-green at certain angles.

Haelyn - level 50 Federation Tactical Officer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I stream near-daily at http://www.twitch.tv/grapplerbot#
  • andy1884andy1884 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Cool, thanks for all that!

What about the hulls and how they appear to shimmer with little bubbles or hexes?

I have some MACO engine which gives you 'aysnchronised warp field' or something to that effect, gives you a speed boost in sector space, and a small bubble made of hexagonal things surrounds you, is that what you mean?
  • princedimwitprincedimwit Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    andy1884 wrote: »
    I have some MACO engine which gives you 'aysnchronised warp field' or something to that effect, gives you a speed boost in sector space, and a small bubble made of hexagonal things surrounds you, is that what you mean?

It is!

Sometimes I'll see people with a pink/purble bubble around them. What's that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It is!

Just a thought as I can't test it...is it the jemhadar shield interacting with the maco engine?
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There's quite a few different bubble powers in all kinds of different colors. Is it round or kind of squared? Brace for impact is pink.
  • dabelgravedabelgrave Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited November 2012

I've noticed my ship glowing pink. I think it's Brace for Impact.