test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guide - Creating A Custom Interior Map

2»

Comments

• gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Wow...how has this not been stickied yet?? I'm attempting my very first custom interior and without this, I would never have been able to even think about trying it.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • pendra3780pendra3780 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You can add localized light sources which are bright enough to lit a room all right. The objects are not listed as light sources thou.
  • nagoraknagorak Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    pendra3780 wrote: »
    You can add localized light sources which are bright enough to lit a room all right. The objects are not listed as light sources thou.

Do you have any idea which ones produce light?
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    spark effects

light rays

swirling particles

those have light effects. Not an all inclusive list, but it's a start.

Some light fixtures have weak light efects associated, but not all mostly the ceiling lights.

This would be easier to test if we could do a proper blackout map.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited January 2013
    Don't forget firelight.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • pendra3780pendra3780 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Very close. I have been using plasma leaks as light sources for more than a year. They are quite bright. Even if you hide them inside the ceiling. They have a distinctive sound but they are still the best option for localized lights..
  • husker75husker75 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm creating a custom map and need it to be just the captain. I already know about using the corners and all that. But I was wondering if there were other ways?
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    husker75 wrote: »
    I'm creating a custom map and need it to be just the captain. I already know about using the corners and all that. But I was wondering if there were other ways?

If you are talking about removing the away team? Check this video out on how to make them vanish.

STO Foundry - Make Characters Disappear poof!

Not my work or video by the way.
    NFA-banner.png
    edited January 2013
    I was tinkering today and realized that the Argelius (Treasure Trading station) map has a HUGE void that you can do whatever you want in. Behold: http://marhawkman.deviantart.com/#/d5rvl6j
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • sternenforschersternenforscher Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Thank you for this good toturial! So i can built better maps :D
    With greetings,
    Fleet Admiral Vice Admiral Paul Alter, Terran Star Empire, and Telo, of Martoks Stammg
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Technically speaking, this is a "dead" topic and shouldn't be posted in...

But I'm wondering whether it ought to be stickied, instead. How current is the tutorial with the present state of the Foundry?

If it's not too outdated (and I can't imagine that it is) I think I'd like to recommend to BranFlakes that this get stickied.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
    edited March 2013
    yeah, this is a really good thread to keep around. People keep asking about this.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • nagoraknagorak Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The guide is pretty current. I only made it at the end of last year. I don't think anything major has changed in regards to any of the topics covered in it. I would be very pleased if it were stickied as I believe it would help a lot of people. :cool:
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I vote for it to be stickied too... I'm just starting out on creating foundry missions and I'm finding it quite helpful and informative so far. I'm sure others much like myself will feel the same way!

Thanks Nagorak for your time, effort and some pretty awesome tutorials! ;)