test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

where can I find Omega marks?

jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Federation Discussion
is there a way to get Omega marks other then PVE?
Post edited by jim625 on

Comments

• misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I don't think so, sorry.
  • lordrezeonlordrezeon Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You can get Omega marks at the Defera Invasion zone. Just like on New Romulus they give out small amounts of them for each mission you complete there.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    They ought to turn all of the Gamma Orionis systems into patrols with a daily wrapper like in Tau Dewa, for 60 Omega Marks. Make them suitably difficult encounters with the Borg, sort of like single-player STFs.

Since the queue allows you to enter STFs from anywhere, no one actually goes to those systems anymore. This would give the sector some population, and give players a fair non-STF means of earning OM.
  • starq5starq5 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I second this idea. Can we get some feedback as to whether or not this is even a feasible notion, devs?
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    They ought to turn all of the Gamma Orionis systems into patrols with a daily wrapper like in Tau Dewa, for 60 Omega Marks. Make them suitably difficult encounters with the Borg, sort of like single-player STFs.

Since the queue allows you to enter STFs from anywhere, no one actually goes to those systems anymore. This would give the sector some population, and give players a fair non-STF means of earning OM.

^^^ THIS!!!!! YES PLEASE lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    jim625 wrote: »
    is there a way to get Omega marks other then PVE?

Borg invasions of sectors and the defera invasion zone missions give omega marks. Other than that it's just the PVE afaik.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    questerius wrote: »
    Borg invasions of sectors and the defera invasion zone missions give omega marks. Other than that it's just the PVE afaik.

Those are also PvE.

The only things that wouldn't be PvE would be some kind of diplomatic mission (and thus not "vs" anything), or PvP. The former doesn't really fit with the mission of Omega Fleet (which is to stop the Borg, no matter the cost), and the latter would need some kind of Captains vs Drones mode (simulation of countering assimilated Starfleet/KDF officers... like the Zombie Apocalypse PvP mode in Champions, etc.).
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Those are also PvE.

The only things that wouldn't be PvE would be some kind of diplomatic mission (and thus not "vs" anything), or PvP. The former doesn't really fit with the mission of Omega Fleet (which is to stop the Borg, no matter the cost), and the latter would need some kind of Captains vs Drones mode (simulation of countering assimilated Starfleet/KDF officers... like the Zombie Apocalypse PvP mode in Champions, etc.).

PVE is where you cue for a mission. The Borg sector invasions and Defera Invasion zone have no need for that.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • nirraminnirramin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    PVE is where you cue for a mission. The Borg sector invasions and Defera Invasion zone have no need for that.
    PvE stands for "Player versus Environment" -- with or without queues -- as opposed to PvP ("Player versus Player"). So, any encounter that have player fight against computer-controlled enemies (STF, Fleet Actions, story missions, sector Red Alerts, adventure zones, etc.) qualifies as PvE ;)
  • pveheropvehero Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

actually, no...

Acronym Definition
    PVE - Player Versus Environment (gaming)
    PVE - Prosthetic Valve Endocarditis
    PVE - Polyvinyl Ether (refrigeration oil)
    PVE - Partial Volume Effect (clinical diagnostics)
    PVE - Parliamentary Vasudan Empire (Freespace game)
    PVE - Parvovirus Enteritis
    PVE - Perm?abilit? a la Vapeur d'Eau (French: Water Vapor Permeability)
    PVE - Productivity Value Engineer
    PVE - Pre-requisite Validation Examination
    PVE - Phase-Velocity Error
    PVE - Palos Verdes Estates (California)
    PVE - Preventing Violent Extremism (UK)

as for all the other acronyms; yes, you can earn Omega Marks without them! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starq5starq5 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think we understand what pve is. The point isn't was is and isn't pve. The point, is the omega mark system could stand to have some more variety sprinkled in. The original idea is a sound one. We need some feedback to see if this idea is actionable.
  • zippichzippich Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'd also like to see OM in Borg episodes. Sometimes I feel to replay them and if I could get like 50 marks per se, would be great :)