test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ACCURACY how does it work?

yousuckashellyousuckashell Member Posts: 11 Arc User
Hi; i wanna know how accuracy is rated

Fisrt off; does accuracy help all weapons or only cannons as someons mention to me earlier?

Is it true that phaser and torpedo always hit nevertheless; and does accuracy makes better critical hit; i mena severity?

thanks in advanced?
Post edited by yousuckashell on

Comments

• Options
    icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    First off, FALSE. Phasers/torpedoes do NOT always hit. That being said, accuracy does exactly what you'd think it does. It decreases how often you miss with any weapons. I'm not sure, but I think if one weapon has a mod (in this case, [Acc]), the effect is granted to all of them. Effectively, the more accurate your weapons, the more you will hit a target. To increase your Critical Hit chance, you want the [CritD] mod (and Crit severity is [CritH]).
  • Options
    goltzhargoltzhar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    As all the other things in this game... don't give it to much thought... just accept what the devs give you... and keep playing or don't... there is no point of trying to understand anything... just go with the flow... that's what they expect of the avarage player...
    If you ask a question ... don't expect an answer... exept for the devoted players, (they are really good, understanding and have very good knowege) and i hope you get your answer.

Try seraching the forum for your answer...

As you probably seen ... they change the rules as they like.. one day it's good. And two days later,.. a whole different thing...
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    icegavel wrote: »
    First off, FALSE. Phasers/torpedoes do NOT always hit. That being said, accuracy does exactly what you'd think it does. It decreases how often you miss with any weapons. I'm not sure, but I think if one weapon has a mod (in this case, [Acc]), the effect is granted to all of them. Effectively, the more accurate your weapons, the more you will hit a target. To increase your Critical Hit chance, you want the [CritD] mod (and Crit severity is [CritH]).

thanks thnaks
  • Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Right, but also wrong. The mods on each weapon only modify that particular weapon. Otherwise you could stack [CritH] mods until you had something ludicrously high and always crit. Same goes for [Critd]. The way to confirm this is you go into system space, and then check your status window, and you will see what your current critical hit and critical severity are. The only thing I know of that increases it globally other than skills and captain traits is the assimilated module. Since I see no shipwide impact from each weapon with [Crith], I can figure it only affects the weapon it's on.

Ex: Phaser Beam Array mk I [Acc] [Crith] [Critd]
    Photon Torpedo Launcher mk I

The only thing that will get bonus accuracy, critical hit chance, and critical severity will be the phaser. The torp will still be stock and boring.

On a side note: [Acc] also has the chance to increase both critical hit chance and critical severity, if and ONLY if you can overcome their defense score with your accuracy score, which is why [Acc]x3 weapons are so popular in PvP (not only cuz players have crazy high defense scores, but also cuz there is that little chance of making their lives even more terrible).
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Right, but also wrong. The mods on each weapon only modify that particular weapon. Otherwise you could stack [CritH] mods until you had something ludicrously high and always crit. Same goes for [Critd]. The way to confirm this is you go into system space, and then check your status window, and you will see what your current critical hit and critical severity are. The only thing I know of that increases it globally other than skills and captain traits is the assimilated module. Since I see no shipwide impact from each weapon with [Crith], I can figure it only affects the weapon it's on.

Ex: Phaser Beam Array mk I [Acc] [Crith] [Critd]
    Photon Torpedo Launcher mk I

The only thing that will get bonus accuracy, critical hit chance, and critical severity will be the phaser. The torp will still be stock and boring.

On a side note: [Acc] also has the chance to increase both critical hit chance and critical severity, if and ONLY if you can overcome their defense score with your accuracy score, which is why [Acc]x3 weapons are so popular in PvP (not only cuz players have crazy high defense scores, but also cuz there is that little chance of making their lives even more terrible).

Ah. I never knew if the mods affected other weapons. 2 years playing this game, and it still hides things from me. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Ah. I never knew if the mods affected other weapons. 2 years playing this game, and it still hides things from me. Thanks!

No prob. But if you find evidence to the contrary, please, post it up, I would be interested to see it.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    xantrisxantris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

While I know the bleedover increases severity, i haven't seen any indication that it increases crit hit. Do you have some sort of verification for this?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    xantris wrote: »
    While I know the bleedover increases severity, i haven't seen any indication that it increases crit hit. Do you have some sort of verification for this?

http://www.stowiki.org/Skill:_Starship_Targeting_Systems

I quote:
    Starship Targeting Systems
    Commander (Tier 3)

This skill improves your Starship's Accuracy value. The higher your Accuracy, the more often you will hit a target. The target's Defense value can counter Accuracy. If your Accuracy exceeds a target's Defense, you cannot miss with an attack on that target. Furthermore, the amount by which your accuracy value exceeds the target's defense rating, is converted into additional Critical Hit chance and Critical Hit Severity ensuring that no points in this skill can be 'wasted' by exceeding the percieved 'hit cap'.

It's on the in-game skill description, and it's also on the wiki. I have also found in game that when I switched over to weapons with the [Acc] mod, I was critting more and harder, esp on my klingon who has the Accurate trait.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    http://www.stowiki.org/Skill:_Starship_Targeting_Systems

I quote:

It's on the in-game skill description, and it's also on the wiki. I have also found in game that when I switched over to weapons with the [Acc] mod, I was critting more and harder, esp on my klingon who has the Accurate trait.

so ncie to hear this thanks mates.