test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Major Error (Bug?) in DStahl's Dilithium Article

phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
Dan Stahl posted this last week: Season 7 Dev Blog #17 (Updated)
How Dilithium rewards changed in Season 7 to meet these goals

We reduced the amount of Dilithium required for Fleet Holding progression.
Dilithium requirements were reduced by 10% for Tier 4 Advancement Projects and 20% for Tier 5 Advancement Projects. While not many Fleets had yet to obtain a Tier 4 Starbase, this is a significant adjustment from Season 6 project Dilithium requirements to help Fleets complete the last two tiers of their Starbases. We will continue to monitor Fleet progression and adjust if we feel further changes are necessary.

That sounds great! Unfortunately, it never happened. These changes that Dan talked about are not on Holodeck, or even Tribble, a week after Season 7 launched. I would say it is an upcoming feature except the blog definitely used the past tense and everything else in it has already happened (STFs, B'Tran, doffing, etc.).

P.S. Many fleets are being crushed by a scarcity of fleet marks -- and it's not for lack of grinding. If fleets are stuck on projects due to fleet marks they will not be buying as much dilithium because they cannot progress through the project, hurting Cryptic and PWE's bottom line. My constructive criticism: increase the Officer of the Watch daily from 5 to 50 Fleet Marks. It gives no dilithium, isn't a simple one-click (all its projects were designed by the dev team) and it encourages players to go to the fleet starbase. That increases the social aspect of the map as well as gives more reason for people to pay 200,000 dilithium for the limited time projects if people are actually going to see it daily.
Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited November 2012
    i agree, we need 50-60 fm for fleet missions outside of the event..
    when you need 1000s of them it takes forever when you get 10-20 at a time.
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Dan Stahl posted this last week: Season 7 Dev Blog #17 (Updated)

That sounds great! Unfortunately, it never happened. These changes that Dan talked about are not on Holodeck, or even Tribble, a week after Season 7 launched. I would say it is an upcoming feature except the blog definitely used the past tense and everything else in it has already happened (STFs, B'Tran, doffing, etc.).

P.S. Many fleets are being crushed by a scarcity of fleet marks -- and it's not for lack of grinding. If fleets are stuck on projects due to fleet marks they will not be buying as much dilithium because they cannot progress through the project, hurting Cryptic and PWE's bottom line. My constructive criticism: increase the Officer of the Watch daily from 5 to 50 Fleet Marks. It gives no dilithium, isn't a simple one-click (all its projects were designed by the dev team) and it encourages players to go to the fleet starbase. That increases the social aspect of the map as well as gives more reason for people to pay 200,000 dilithium for the limited time projects if people are actually going to see it daily.

I see no tier IV projects on that page nor have any fleets that I know of reached tier IV
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I see no tier IV projects on that page nor have any fleets that I know of reached tier IV

There are many fleets that are Tier IV and the page has numerous Tier IV projects (all military active projects, starbase/shipyard/fabricator/comm array upgrade). Just scroll down :)
  • Options
    evendzharevendzhar Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My constructive criticism: increase the Officer of the Watch daily from 5 to 50 Fleet Marks. It gives no dilithium, isn't a simple one-click (all its projects were designed by the dev team) and it encourages players to go to the fleet starbase.
    I do agree Officer of the Watch currently isn't worthwhile. Even when I am at the starbase for something else, I don't bother with the daily.
  • Options
    izdubar6izdubar6 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
  • Options
    romuzariiromuzarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There are many fleets that are Tier IV and the page has numerous Tier IV projects (all military active projects, starbase/shipyard/fabricator/comm array upgrade). Just scroll down :)
    If by many you mean 1 or 2 then yes.
  • Options
    echodarksidedechodarksided Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

We have achieved Tier IV in all three areas on the Fed side and will hit Tier IV on the KDF side this week.

We being Jupiter Force.
  • Options
    latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I agree with Phyrexian here. We have reached T4 shipyard and starbase. Prior to S7, we held off on further T4 military projects until S7 because of what Dan said (and instead focused on catching up our engineering and science projects). We were disappointed post S7 to find that the dilithium requirements did not change for these projects.

Also, I agree that there should be a 50-60 fleet mark mission or daily. Both the Romulan and Omega reputation systems have these in place, so shouldn't fleet holdings have one as well?
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    izdubar6 wrote: »
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

:eek:

Quoted for future reference, without comment to your apparent lack of a firm grasp on reality.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    romuzarii wrote: »
    If by many you mean 1 or 2 then yes.

There's a lot more than 1 or 2. :) I can think of a half dozen off the top of my head: Task Force Spectre, Jupiter Force, Access Denied, Proteus, Federation DeepSpace Operations, Section 31, etc. Admittedly, all of them are mega-fleets.
  • Options
    sekritagentsekritagent Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    +1 lovely idea. I'd actually play Officer of the Watch if it gave 50 FM a day. As it is, I've stopped contributions to everything.
    Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it! No, seriously! ...Why are you laughing so hard? :(
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I'm just curious why DStahl said these changes to reduce dilithium price were in-game when that was definitely not the case -- all dilithium costs for projects at all tiers are exactly the same as before Season 7. I assume good faith and that he simply mistyped about it having already happened or was unaware it is not on Holodeck (or even Tribble).
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Still no mention of the dilithium reduction on starbase projects at Tier 4 and 5 that Stahl originally talked about (see dev blog) on Tribble patch notes for November 26, set to go live on the 29th.
  • Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Because DStahl would never, ever, lie about changing something that actually improved a player's experience...

Oh.

Right.