test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fleet "Unique" hull material. Alternative version with alternate deflector?

captainwallis84captainwallis84 Member Posts: 169 Arc User
Im loving the new "unique" fleet hull material, and its by far the best in the game in terms of Federation hull plating. (for those who are newbies, it has the proper Aztech design).

When your ship hits the light, the hull plaiting looks awesome. One thing though that bothers me is this...You onoly have the one material. I have 2 days before our fleet unlocks the ability for the teir 4 shipyard, which enables me to buy a fleet Galaxy class.

Now, Im really looking forward to buying this ship, but the really odd thing that dosnt look right is that plain "blue" deflector. It just dosnt look right with the Galaxy class.

I had a thought last night which could probably solve this issue. Make an alternate "unique" fleet material that includes the other deflector pattern, and also give the material a more grey/whitish look like material 6. (and the unique fleet material has too much...well...blue.lol)

I think this would make most ships in game look pretty authentic, and make the Galaxy class look even more like the TV counterpart.

I know it envolves some DEV time, and aware that there are many many fixes that need to be addressed, but would be good just to get some info on if there are plans in the future to add an alternate fleet "unique" material with these fixes.

Oh and I love my ships. Im a big Trek ship geek, so I take stuff like this a little too sereiously at times.lol. Sorry.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by captainwallis84 on

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2012
    26 views and no replys. Either im being a pain asking for at least a second opinion, or everyones more interested is sayimg how much of a TRIBBLE game STO is getting, and general negativity.

I love this game and im a huge trek fan, and will support the game all the way because i enjoy playing it. What really annoys me though is stuff like this. There are about 3 threads already, saying how bad Cryptic are, or pay to win or some other negarive response.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thratch1thratch1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    26 views and no replys. Either im being a pain asking for at least a second opinion, or everyones more interested is sayimg how much of a TRIBBLE game STO is getting, and general negativity.

I love this game and im a huge trek fan, and will support the game all the way because i enjoy playing it. What really annoys me though is stuff like this. There are about 3 threads already, saying how bad Cryptic are, or pay to win or some other negarive response.

Complaining about complainers is also being pretty negative. Could be that people just don't really care that much about the Galaxy-class deflector.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You should try the Veteran skin on the Vesta its awful, it looks all pinky and girly, infact not may skins look good on the Vesta.
  • Options
    raj011raj011 Member Posts: 987 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Im loving the new "unique" fleet hull material, and its by far the best in the game in terms of Federation hull plating. (for those who are newbies, it has the proper Aztech design).

When your ship hits the light, the hull plaiting looks awesome. One thing though that bothers me is this...You onoly have the one material. I have 2 days before our fleet unlocks the ability for the teir 4 shipyard, which enables me to buy a fleet Galaxy class.

Now, Im really looking forward to buying this ship, but the really odd thing that dosnt look right is that plain "blue" deflector. It just dosnt look right with the Galaxy class.

I had a thought last night which could probably solve this issue. Make an alternate "unique" fleet material that includes the other deflector pattern, and also give the material a more grey/whitish look like material 6. (and the unique fleet material has too much...well...blue.lol)

I think this would make most ships in game look pretty authentic, and make the Galaxy class look even more like the TV counterpart.

I know it envolves some DEV time, and aware that there are many many fixes that need to be addressed, but would be good just to get some info on if there are plans in the future to add an alternate fleet "unique" material with these fixes.

Oh and I love my ships. Im a big Trek ship geek, so I take stuff like this a little too sereiously at times.lol. Sorry.

Just read you post and replying to it.....Could you post a few pictures of this, im curious to see what it looks like. Also how do you get this unique hull, is it the fleet hull material that is listed as unique or is it something different and new that has come out with S7?
  • Options
    edited November 2012

Ok fair enough, no ones intrested. However, the amount of negative feed back still out weighs the positive on this forum. Im just anoyed that i always seem to get ignored. Not being negative at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Ok fair enough, no ones intrested. However, the amount of negative feed back still out weighs the positive on this forum. Im just anoyed that i always seem to get ignored. Not being negative at all.

NO ONE IS INTERESTED!!!!???? I just posted obviously pointing out interest in you topic in my previous post! Ill repeat could you post a picture of this material please?
  • Options
    edited November 2012

That is true. Compared to the way EA is handling SWTOR's F2P transition, Cryptic suddenly doesn't look so bad at all! As a F2P player, at least I can log onto STO and not have to buy my UI piece by piece just so I can actually play the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Lol. Thankyou. Yeah ill post some pictures when i finish work. It basicly just a cool detailed skin/material that you get with anyfleet ship.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    psyloafpsyloaf Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The same goes for the Nebula class!
    Fleet Advanced Research Vessel T6
    Commander Science, Lieutenant Commander Engineering, Lieutenant Commander Universal, Lieutenant Tactical, Ensign Science
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Agreed, considering its part of the Galaxy family. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Just looked on sto, I have already seen it, all it does it give the fleet ships a blue tint to the ship and on some of them a little hull design change to the original other than that the appearance is exactly the same. I doubt the devs will make a completely new hull material for the fleet ships since you can use the other ones and still customise it. Personally I thought they would use the odyssey/type hull design for all the fleet ships I think their plan was to give the c-store ships the hull material and the fleet ships the improved stats etc, remember reading this a while ago dont know if their plans have changed?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    raj011 wrote: »
    Just looked on sto, I have already seen it, all it does it give the fleet ships a blue tint to the ship and on some of them a little hull design change to the original other than that the appearance is exactly the same. I doubt the devs will make a completely new hull material for the fleet ships since you can use the other ones and still customise it. Personally I thought they would use the odyssey/type hull design for all the fleet ships I think their plan was to give the c-store ships the hull material and the fleet ships the improved stats etc, remember reading this a while ago dont know if their plans have changed?

Yeah thats the one, but the ones in the show have this"aztech" hull pattern. Its cannon. Also the Galaxy class dosnt have have a plain blue deflector, and while I love the fleet material, i think the devs should at least make another with the other deflector design. This game is supposed to be one of Cryptics "customize things to suite YOU", and to be fair the ship customisation in this game is no way near as good as the character creation tool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Yeah thats the one, but the ones in the show have this"aztech" hull pattern. Its cannon. Also the Galaxy class dosnt have have a plain blue deflector, and while I love the fleet material, i think the devs should at least make another with the other deflector design. This game is supposed to be one of Cryptics "customize things to suite YOU", and to be fair the ship customisation in this game is no way near as good as the character creation tool.

True the ship customisation is no where near as good as the clothing one. As for the aztec hull pattern it is not as detailed as it is in the series and movies but it is close enough. The only ship I have seen for sure that has this in canon is the Enterprise E not sure about other ships but the ships made after the E was following a trend of that design, look a the Prometheus.
  • Options
    skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The game has a ton of texture problems as far as ships go, from certain textures not showing up to parts simply being forgotten. My Mobius keeps the red engines even when using the Aeon skin, my armitage's nacelles don't all use the right textures when I use the MACO shield, the scaling is sometimes so off that two same textures side by side look ridiculous, etc, etc, etc. And those are things that are wrong and STILL have not been fixed. I wouldn't hold out much hope for them to add more options :(
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Its really anoying that we still cant use material 6 (the white one) on all our ships. This was something that the devs said they were going to make available months ago.

We at least tomorrow I can get my Fleet Galaxy class. Just wish the devs could add an alternate "unique" fleet material to include the other deflector texture. I know its a small thing, but I love the Galaxy class, and it just dosnt look right with that plain blue deflector.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ozy83ozy83 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    can we get the fleet material with galaxy deflector please, devs? :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lag Watch:
    Delta Rising: Warning
    Anniversary Event: Severe
    Iconian Season: Critical
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    ozy83 wrote: »
    can we get the fleet material with galaxy deflector please, devs? :)

Cheers man. I agree 100% with this post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    klaituklaitu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I can't seem to find how to apply this. Is it for fleet versions of ships only?
  • Options
    cormorancormoran Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Why just the fleet skin? Seems a little elitist to expect this change to be made just for that one skin.

The deflector simply should be a separate option from the ship skins, this way it would apply to ALL the ship skins.

The windows and escape pods should also be separate options, too.
  • Options
    sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    cormoran wrote: »
    Why just the fleet skin? Seems a little elitist to expect this change to be made just for that one skin.

The deflector simply should be a separate option from the ship skins, this way it would apply to ALL the ship skins.

This I would like to see.
  • Options
    edited December 2012

Windows aren't? I can change the windows on my ships...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cormorancormoran Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    thratch1 wrote: »
    Windows aren't? I can change the windows on my ships...
    Windows aren't separate from the escape pods, no. I only choose one set of windows every time because they're attached to the only escape pods that I like.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Windows aren't separate from the escape pods, no. I only choose one set of windows every time because they're attached to the only escape pods that I like.

Ah. I've only flown a Defiant for the last... year and a half? or so? So I never noticed escape pods were linked to windows.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]