test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Into The Hive (Ground) Queen Help

alarikunalarikun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
Alright, so myself, and 3 other gentlemen went "Into the Hive" tonight, for the first time. We lost our fifth shortly into it due to some unfortunate deaths.

Regardless, we managed to struggle our way all the way to the Queen, but had some issues. We manage to take out her guards, and then she drops. We managed to injure her severely, but after some time, she walks her way back up to her perch (all the while, invulnerable to attack), and hides up there.

>.> Is there a time limit to killing her or something? Or is there some trick to it? Because we can never get her to stay on the ground to actually kill her.

Finally, we were forced to give up for the night. It was too much.

So please, if anyone could render assistance, then it would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Original Join Date: January 2010
Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
Post edited by alarikun on

Comments

• mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I don't think there is a time limit. The fight takes place in several stages, I can't remember them all immediately off the top of my head, but I will try my best:

1. You kill her drone buddies waiting for you, then smack her around for awhile.

2. She summons some elite tacs and other buddies, you kill them, and smack her around awhile longer.

3. Out comes an elite Gorn drone (not a pushover) and a few more drones. Kill those, then work on her again.

4. When she takes enough damage (or she has to lose all her health, one or the other), she loses her lower body and starts using her tentacle things to move around. Once you finally make her lose all health here, the fight is won.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Its a "boss fight" like in old style atari games
    you have to kill her several times over
    (she has more health than a small starship)

there is no value in tactics , being clever or being original

its not unlike the Doctor doom fight in the original Atari Fantastic four game (it always takes 11 minutes to kill him minimum and you HAVE to finish him off with an "its clobbering time" combo

Basically the queen should be a one hit and she is down job
    she is WEAKER than a drone thats why she has drones to protect her
    Live long and Prosper
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    She also has some powerful attacks and it doesnt help that if you respawn you end up in a holding cell and have to wait there until you get killed by the electric floor or someone activates the transporter. Quite a annoying scenario
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aaronh42aaronh42 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    robeasom wrote: »
    She also has some powerful attacks and it doesnt help that if you respawn you end up in a holding cell and have to wait there until you get killed by the electric floor or someone activates the transporter. Quite a annoying scenario

This is the big problem with the mission right here, and it isn't the mission, it's the players.

Nobody works as a team, every mission I have ran has had constant floor kills and bombardment kills. Every mission when several people die nobody goes and frees them. The only people will take cover is behind a cover shield, despite there being 4 perfectly good pillars to hide behind.

I like this mission but it requires teamwork and tactics, and that is something that seems anathema to the playerbase.
  • lemeralemera Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This mission is just insanly hard, there is just way to much to think about and iv done all elite missions MANY times, but i hate this one with a passion, you have borg to contend with, then floor and bombardment, then more borg and more floor and bombardment, then more borg, floor bombardment, floor floor floor bombardment and so on lol and if you aint careful you can also fall off the edge!
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I gave up on that map entirely.

Everytime I ran it she'd jump off the edge and we could no longer hit her and all had to respawn.
  • brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Certainly a very tough fight on Elite - before even teamwork, it requires that you all have a healthy supply of injury regenerators. Seriously, don't even think about entering the Hive without at least a stack of each regen.

For the Queen, spreading out and surrounding her and simply dpsing and resurrecting the dead works, until the adds spawn, at which point retreating to the pillars in the corners for line of sight helps.

Supporting each other (one pair, one triplet) so that when you die someone's there to res you, or open the holding cell if you release, and focusing fire and taking out the adds as soon as possible is crucial.
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]